No Downtime Vol. 2 Feedback Thread

I would say the previous behavior (reset at downtime) was best for Project Discovery.

The behavior you noticed with no downtime, if left untouched, would mean that someome who plays a few hours during their evening, and usually submit their last PD result before they log off and go to bed, they won’t be able to do PD the next day because of the hard 24h timer based on the 100th or 200th submission. For them, PD will become a once every 2 days activity. Bad. Sure, they have to “deal with it” as it is the expected mechanic without downtime. But does it need to be that way?

I think that overall, even if the Downtime is no longer necessary (and clearly not desirable to start with), the concept of daily reset time still remain valid for many aspect of the game.

3 Likes

Wow, teach me them please. Show me in c++ memory leaks and memory management.

Please.

Two issues noticed:
First - When launching drones, the drone window vanishes for a few seconds, the returns with drones in space… same when drones are returned. The window vanishes only to return when the drones have “docked”
Second - When entering an EDENCOM controlled (or similar space) sector, a droning is heard that only grows louder. Even after leaving the sector, the droning continues and grows louder (docked or in space), even logging off to an alt, the droning follows to the second character. The only solution is to turn the sound off or restart the game.
This droning sounds like a WWII bomber squadron flying overhead… it’s loud, and drowns out all other sounds, including warp/jump sounds.

1 Like

You appear to think it possible to run a single shard game, of a scale noone else does, without actual programmers who know what they’re doing.

And you wonder why I think you don’t know what you’re talking about.

8 Likes

We put an Ore Prospecting Array 4 in the IHUB and then NO NEW MINING SIDE after 2 Days… so we need DT ??? CCP pls use your brain

@CCP_Explorer
Asteroids not respawning in mission pocket if no downtime (EBR-223253)

They are not “regular asteroid belts”, so just to be on the safe side, I’ve opened a bug report.
Mentioned in many posts, but I didn’t see the EBR being shared. Sorry for the double.

1 Like

Kindly open a bug report (in-game, hit F12 key).
The idea of this no downtime test is to uncover those issue. So they “brained” the event especially for this type of issue.

3 Likes

that might count as regular asteroid belt possibly however.

Maybe, but like I said, just to be on the safe side :slight_smile:

1 Like

submit a bug report, and post back here with the EBR number

Faction Warfare systems that are conquered need DT to flip for good, so they are staying in a “lost” status and cannot be reconquered. Minor issue for this test but needs a solution before you can run longer without DT :slight_smile:

3 Likes

submit a bug report and reply back with the EBR

The Caldari Celebration Resource war mining sites are evident in Saisio and other nearby systems, I’ve counted the Parade itself and 10 mining Sites still showing in Saisio alone as of right now.

This test really gives me a retro feeling. I’m back on a computer with a way to small graphics card. Small stops in the graphics all the time.

Worst when traveling and especially when you are in the warp tunnel, but it happens when you fight some rat too. You might have to give the command twice. Example: Five targets and five sentry drones. You give command to engage one drone per target, but only four targets get engaged., and you have to repeat the command to the sentry drone who did not respond to the command.

ID EBR-223260

Now in an infinite jump. Started with traffic control giving me 180 seconds, then clearance expired, and I’m still jumping between Tama and Sujarento.

I’ve been monitoring ice belts in Outer Passage all since around 1400 evetime via the Agency window, and I’ve seen none. If my understanding of ice belt respawn mechanics is correct, I assume this is related to the downtime experiment.

1 Like

Hi,

Today we have a pretty good sized fleet fight in Cloud Ring. Mostly good server performance though we did encounter some weird things.

1. Fleet warps were not reliable (after switching in game fleet commanders)
  2. We warped to a gate with no bubbles on it, yet we all landed between 10-16KM away from the gate (This caused us to take unnecessary losses).
  3. Regroup function was pretty much unresponsive.

Taking feedback from our guys and will add more bugs when we get them.

Yeah I’ve been watching in the south all day and we haven’t seen a single ice belt spawn in the 2-3 regions we track. I think it’s bugged also

FWIW - I was in 3 wormholes today and none had any anomaly mining sites.

Never saw that before.

EDIT: EBR-223266

1 Like

respond here with the EBR number then…