No Good, Launcher Non Functional

I have Wine from WineHQ installed with Xubuntu Jammy Jellyfish. Just got up and the launcher won’t even pop up. All other Wine apps work, just Eve Online has to be difficult.

00000104 (D) Z:\media\rochard\Chamber\EVE\app-1.3.3\eve-online.exe
	00000108    0 <== 
	0000010c    0     LoaderLockSampler
	00000120    0     
00000118 conhost.exe
	0000011c    0     
System information:
    Wine build: wine-8.0.2
    Platform: x86_64
    Version: Windows 10
    Host system: Linux
    Host version: 5.15.0-73-generic

The build was working, now it is not. Haven’t done anything to the system. I am off to get a coffee. I will check again in an hour or ten. :sunglasses:

Такая-же проблема. После рестарта лаунчер перестал работать. https://youtu.be/m9x4FjU2KWI

Wine 8.0.2 will not work. You will need wine staging with at least version 8.21 if i remember correctly. Better use the current version of wine staging 9.5.

Wine was patched to support the install framework of the new launcher.

Also you can’t easily migrate to the new launcher. A fresh wine prefix is needed. If you want to carry over settings please search around in the other threads here on what to copy where. I created all settings new.

In the new wine prefix you need to install via winetricks: corefonts msdelta vkd3d vcrun2022 dxvk2030

When did this happen? I was online just the other day using it. I always stick with the stable build, until multiple apps start to act strange. In the past, I upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and one of my apps lost all joystick function. The Wine control for the joystick input failed and hasn’t worked right since the upgrade. You might understand why, I tend to hold back on running the “cutting edge” staging builds of Wine.

Wine prefix didn’t change and hasn’t change at all. I found it very simple to drag and drop the install. With all that said, I have been running this since I converted my account from Steam to standard install. I no longer run the account through Steam launcher and that was a long time ago.

In a nutshell, something must have changed with the Eve launcher in the last 24 hours to lock me out. If no one else has issues, must just be me. I can live without Eve rather than bone my whole Wine system at the moment.

Thanks, I will keep looking.

EDIT: Here is what I needed to do as a work around on this.

  1. Changed shortcut to launcher to read the following;
    working directory = /media/rochard/Chamber/EVE/app-1.3.0
  2. Went to /media/rochard/Chamber/EVE folder and delete;
    “app-1.3.3” folder
    which was installed about the same time of my posting.
  3. Ran launcher without issue.

I assume it will reinstall the 1.3.3 “evil” version of itself. I only hope when the launcher hits version 1.3.4 it will get fixed.

EDIT: After I got done for the day, I relaunched without any issue. Apparently it reinstalled the 1.3.3 version and now it is working as intended. There are currently 3 version folders in there; 1.3.1 - 1.3.2 - 1.3.3. All of them contain the launcher at various revision levels.