No more cash for CCP

But I understand what you mean. But there are way more factors at play. Things like PLEX reserves of players/alliances, demand for PLEX connected items, etc. It’s way more complex.

The assumption that Omega bought with PLEX is ‘free’ is not true.

I suspect that there are BIG PLEX reserves with the alliances and the space rich players. That has already been paid for, but from a income/taxation perspective I don’t know exactly how that is calculated for CCP.

For the last week, there have been 3649 orders in The Forge on a single day, with over 1.75 million PLEX traded in a single day.

But also keep in mind that with more demand, the prices spike, we’re almost at 4M/PLEX (wouldn’t have surprised me at all if we hit that last night)…

And I strongly suspect that this will not be the highest that it’s ever going to be. When there’s a run on Omega via PLEX, like now with the 20% off (PLEX=>Omega), folks that think Omega via PLEX is free, etc. The PLEX reserves get drained. I think a lot of folks still paid up before the price raise, still have a subscription going. We had a Skill Extractor sale recently that made the best isk for the bang, so now we have a lot of Skill Extractors hitting the market (and they are getting bought up in droves). When the reserves of that run out, we’ll have folks buying Extractors again via PLEX, further driving up the price of PLEX.

With people grinding for PLEX, we’ll see more of an influx of isk, thus inflation, thus further driving up the price of everything… And if you have the proper investments in the right ship(s), the right skills on character and the actual right skills/experience to fly the ship, you can make 2B for your Omega PLEX in about four hours. As more people do that, we’ll see a serious increase in pricing of required resources (demand) and a serious drop in how much you’ll make per hour (supply)…

It’s a very complex system that influences each other, CCP did (at one point) hire an actual economist to figure it all out…

1 Like

“whales need FTP players to crush”
the guy that have 20 sub alts + buy plex and injectors to rorqual/hell gives CCP A LOT OF MONEY
its the 80/20% thing
the more poor FTP players grinding for plex there is the happier the whale is and therefore the more money CCP gets

It’s beyond me why this is actively being ignored. I already posted about it and my educated guess this was included at the respective quarter and now is a big problem to the company. There are simply a absurd amount of PLEX in the market.

If the vast majority decides to grind or just spent their PLEX this is gonna hurt, a lot.

1 Like

I swear I remember back in ‘16 or ‘17 they reported the amount of Plex in the market as a liability in either the monthly economic reports or in quarterly financials.

Since a Plex is basically a pre-paid month of sub they should really carry that the same way a company carries unused gift cards.

I remember that as well.

However I doubt if I were to dump 100k plus from reserves into the market it would impact the over plex price.

But when you start selling those or large amount to buy orders you will have people convo you asking if you more to sell and that they are willing to buy all your plex for set price.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.