No new PVE content - current PVE is boring grind and has zero impact on the universe, race-conflicts meaningless- Suggestion

And yet you have new challenging content. Burner missions were added within the past few years. They added harder opponents and ship restrictions. Forward operating bases added new content that could be probed down and treated like a hard mission after. The resource wars added a new type of mission that mix mining and missioning. Ghost sights added complexity to exploration sites requiring quick hacking or better planning.

So how is that not what you have been asking for? Is it because It’s not given by am agent? Is it because the rats don’t change quickly? Why isn’t all this content bot being considered new PvE for you?

2 Likes

All those additions were useful, but poorly designed and implemented. Many of us are not saying that CCP is not trying, but what we are saying is that their ideas and additions are always influenced and directed by the same group and style of players, many which are only indirectly effected by the changes and and are definitely coming from a different perspective than those making the most noise about an issue. Sure, some of the PvE request do go against some of the core tennets of EVE and should be rejected with a sound explanation, but to see such blanket rejection of any suggested changes/ideas because they fall outside of what your perception of the game should be implies that you are always right and we all know what kind of people always think that they are always right.

To see some of the childish posting/putdowns (not necessarily yours) that always accompanies threads like this one when the issue is brought up, makes me realize just how young some of the players are. Healthy debate should consist of more than one side hurling insults and putdowns, but perhaps this art has been lost in the last decade or so. Asking reasonable questions and proposing possable solutions shouldn’t always spawn so many non productive taunts and meaningless gibber.

6 Likes

Not really sure what there is to debate…

You just stated that some of your requests to against the core tenets of EVE.

Conversation closed then. You chose to come to a game that is a certain way, and lives off of its reputation as being a certain way, yet you come to the forums complaining about and wantinf to have a debate about how it should change to something different than what it is, then attempt to put yourself on a pedestal by appearing reasonable while making everyone who disagrees with you and agrees with what the game is, and is advertised as, as childish.

Who is the childish one in reality? Those who were made the decision to accept what EVE is, and to play within those parameters, or the people who came to EVE knowing full well what it is (because they advertise it as such) and immediately want to change and argue about it on the forums?

Please cry and stomp and whine more for not getting your way.

I couldn’t believe one person could both prove my points and also misread/interprate what I had just posted, but you have proved me wrong.
Congratulations?

I didn’t misread nor did I misinterpret what you typed.

You whine like a child because CCP hasn’t listened to the minority of players in this game.

You want your boring little mission generator as if that would actually change anything whatsoever about grinding mind numbing missions. You obviously are not satisfied by all the new PVE content they have given you the past few years and feel entitled to be coddled even though you are part of the group of players that literally dont matter. You are in the minority.

Those large null alliances are what pays the bills and keeps the lights on for CCP. It isnt hi sec carebears running level 4s until their face melts.

You bring nothing to the table, so why should they take your requests seriously?

Grow up and quit crying for things you aren’t going to get. They have spent quite a bit of effort on hi sec dwellers already with all the recent changes.

And quit being a pompous ass in your posts by assuming others arent bright enough to pick up on what you are saying.

1 Like

i’m gonna say the player base would be 20’s upwards with the average probably being mid 30’s and older.

you might want to post in the right section also, this is GD, you shouldn’t expect anything more than one liners, smart answers and people generally trying to have a laugh.

it’s not hte first time someone called for more PVE stuff, more PVE stuff was given but you stil don’t get that the game at it’s core is about PVP and PVE is just a means to an end to feed the PVP habit.
i get that you might just like PVE only and other also, but hey, just telling it as it is :wink:

The problem I have with a procedural system is that it wouldn’t change much. Sure it might give the impression of more missions, but it won’t be more missions.

It will still boil down to fly to point A. Kill rats. Loot mission item if necessary, fly back.

Even if I have to hack a can (Oooo make everyone train hacking to complete missions), or the rats change (oooo fit omni tank instead of rat specific one), or I have to take into account t random effects, it is still the same boring scenario. Changing who the rats are or if I hack to get the Damsel instead of the data reports, It’s not a big change.

PvP differs because the danger is there. Even exploring data and relic sites in nul, there is danger. I can mitigate that some, but it is still present. The same hasn’t been true of missions for a long while and unless the procedures include massive escalation, it won’t return.

I think CCP knows this too. For those who play the game, there has to be an element of risk. After all, we play EVE, not hello kitty. And simply changing the monsters and dungeon layout isn’t enough.

1 Like

Caps in high-sec would be awesome as does lvl 5 mission running. As for the painting a big wardec me, we have the new stations for that especially the one in Hek opposite the boundless creation factory. Now thats what i call a juicy target.

Reasoned reply and appreciated, but what would be more what some people are looking for is:

Missions that include all aspects of PvE, like go to a system and hack several cans avoiding the booby trapped ones (new skill), take info from that and determine which of the surrounding systems has the next part and rescue hostage, take hostage and with a timer attempt to get them to critically needed medical care in a nearby losec system. Something along those lines.

Reintroduce npcs into some HS hacking sites, have some hacking sites drop clues (multi part) to other sites or one time keys to a rare mission.

Introduce a FOB class system, where the lowest levels could be done (with risks) by a solo marauder or T3C and graduated up to the current model.

Keep the new aggressive pirate frigs, but have them drop something. Have them have a chance to rarely enter missions.

Have the dreaded mission generator.

Keep the burner missions, but include a burner lite type of mission to encourage players to graduate up from level4s. Many players I have talked to have lost several ships to the burners and instead of toughing it out and keep learning, just retreat back to level 4s.

Recalculate/redesign parts of Resource Wars and the company store.

Nothing earth shattering,just refinements to EVE has already been introducing. There are plenty of ideas out there, some good, some bad, and some could be good if modified. Most everyone understands that EVE is a PvP game with some PvE thrown in, so we understand that the concentration of resources of CCP are focused there, but it doesn’t mean we cannot fine tune what remaining resources are left over for PvE in a better way.

1 Like

buzzer

Incorrect!

Would any one else like to answer “What factors makes EvE Interesting” for $200 ?

–Gadget Trebek

1 Like

Marketing Degree probably. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

–Non-Marketing Gadget

2 Likes

Most of the pve in this game is best described as ancient content and only a means to gather isk or assets which you can then spend on whatever you enjoy doing.If you want some sense of immersion as far as lore you’ll need to find a roleplaying corp and that’ll bring you back to pvp as most are PvP centric.

1 Like

On top of that I’d add future solo/group pve designed in a way where pvp fits and tactics are the only option. At current state PvE and PvP are too far apart and simply don’t go together. Hopefully miner fleets and FOB’s are a step in that direction and they will keep evolving.

Some sort of rpg gameplay would’t hurt either imo. It’s sad that some people simply fail to understand that other people, while accept the harshnes of EvE, FC/Grind/PvP in real life and log into the game to dive into a wholy different world for 1-2 hours a day. While PvP in EvE comes at a fairly high price in terms of effort and time, PvE is always within reach.

On a side note -whether someone likes it or not HS PvE’ers and miners also pay the sub and also keep the game and the company making it alive. Looking at the map statistics it’s quite a big chunk of income coming from those …

4 Likes

CCP employs around 500 (wikipedia says 600, but they laid off 100 recently) people, about half of them in Iceland i.e. where EVE is made. At the height of EVE’s popularity I think nearer 800,900? CCP might not be Blizzard big, bit is big. Many game companies, even big names like Id Software, DICE or Bethesda employ a couple of hundred people and that includes everything from sound crew to artists.

For a company in the MMO business CCP might be smallish, sure.

1 Like

Honestly… I say ignore the make them fit PvP style for PvE. To me that means little. People already know to fit for what they face and adjust.

Rather, I want new PvE content that pushes people to take a more active FC role. For example, make level 5 high sec missions where you command a fleet of ships in addition to your own. You would have to broadcast targets for the fleet to attack. You would also have to populate your watch list and state who needs reps and when. Give commands for fleet formations maybe too. Heck add in fleet warps and such if you want to be tricky.

Honestly, encouraging people to FC would do far more benefit to this game than just trying to get people to use a PvP fit.

1 Like

Lady Ayeipsia3h Buoytender_Bob
And yet you have new challenging content. Burner missions were added within the past few years. They added harder opponents and ship restrictions. Forward operating bases added new content that could be probed down and treated like a hard mission after. The resource wars added a new type of mission that mix mining and missioning. Ghost sights added complexity to exploration sites requiring quick hacking or better planning.

So how is that not what you have been asking for? Is it because It’s not given by am agent? Is it because the rats don’t change quickly? Why isn’t all this content bot being considered new PvE for you?

Obviously all the stuff you mention is good and it needs to keep going. FOBs need quite a bit of rebalancing for example, as about a month after they started hardly anyone does them anymore. Ghost sites… Love them, but I wish there was more of them all across space. Burners are really nice, many people do them just to do them, forget the LPs, its just nice content, need more of them.

Don’t forget that sometimes you don’t wanna deal with all the crap that comes with Null Sec or WHs, you just wanna chill and play to unwind. This is where PvE comes in.

Player driven content is somewhat OK, but ultimately it devolves to mega blobs and blue donut 2.0 or 3.0. Either creating it or destroying (restructuring) it. After 1 or 2 times through it, it becomes kinda meh and WHs are a PITA to get around in.

4 Likes

I’m sorry but lvl5 missions were moved to lowsec to try and balance the whole risk vs reward thing a lot of them can be soloed in a subcap like a golem ,vargur,tengu,rattlesnake so on and their lp payout is just to high for highsec.

1 Like

You missed the point where I was suggesting a new type of level 5 where the purpose is to command a fleet. Not just to move existing level 5s to hi sec.

That would be an INCURSION.and we got those now

2 Likes

Sorry, but Im making 225m/h in High-sec through Lv 4. Missions like Silence the Informant or Enemies Abound Series. Thats not the point. You can farm those everyday after DT but after a week of grind you want to throw up. Me at least. I play games for roleplaying and lore aspect like reading a good sci-fi book/story by Sheckley or Zelazny. I dont want “grind water” - ISK grind - PvP - ISK grind and so forth.