Noctis Still Feels Underwhelming

Matari, please! It’s a cruiser-and-a-half. Not that big :joy:

Especially with all the :money_with_wings: it brings. Maybe not so much in ISK@Jita value, but in consumption value (stuff you use that you don’t have to buy, manufacturing inputs, etc), especially when you live far from tradehubs and things are more expensive to import (courier fee or time/risk) than they are to source locally.

:-1::-1::-1:

Ok Karen.
o7

2 Likes

A typical salvage frig I use is 2.5km3 in space. Five MTUs are .5km3 in space. Just ask your mom how much I can fit into 12km3.

3 Likes

You are out of line, young man!

What a pile of twaddle

1 Like

:joy:

You just made yourself a new friend!

If you’re repackaging it then you’re losing half the benefit of having the Noctis in the first place: the rigs.

I did mention that my main gripe with this was the fact that I enjoy a mobile lifestyle in this game. 270,000 is a lot of space, so is 15,000. When I go out on my ventures, I basically take whatever will fit.

It just seems silly to me that a mining barge with 100k, 150k, and 200k can be folded down into 3750 each but not this one?

well maybe the noctis is not designed for nomadic lifestyle ?

Not that nomadic is bad, but it’s a choice that comes with its own limitations.

1 Like

My point is that if you’re repackaging it you might as well use any of the salvage bonused frigates or a destroyer instead.

Nothing wrong with the Noctis. I salvage missions very quickly. Four tractor beams and four salvagers makes quick work of the mess I leave in the wake of my mission battle ship.
Granted I’m sure their are other ships out their that can do the job in much the same way as you can fit a battle ship to mine roids but why would you when you can use a Hulk? Use the right tool for the job and for salvaging the Noctis is definitely that.

Not everythign but noctis is pretty bad - if it at least had 3K m3 of cargo space… other than the bonus to tarctor beam it is quite crap. Especially once price that is taken into account.

No. There are small salvage rigs - I know, I use them on my salvage dessies.

Noctis be like an octa-ninja-theif

MTU was a design mistake, no ship can compete with it.

Everything was fine until MTU was added.

1 Like

In case you haven’t noticed, there exists MTU hunters that love nothing more than to crack open those peanuts.

No it is a command ship, which is what ORCA was until the devs screwed up and made it an AFK mining vessel.

2 Likes

AFK you say, so what’s stopping you ganking them?

And that makes it ok to have eliminated a player profession?

No, it was and still is a major screwup.

I think it is an opportunity for more hunting