Noob Retention : Better Insurance

Like uh… those stupid hipster ads on You Tube that only play to people who have EvE installed? Those efforts?

If that is so, then you are doomed.

:princess:

You have done so before…

I should not have to prove the Obvious…

But it isnt obvious.

Please explain to me the obvious part, as I seem to have missed it.

1 Like

Your premise has some merit, but the specific example is questionable. I’d hardly call someone doing small-gang PvP, flying force recons and losing 16 bill in a Jump Freighter a “noob”.

Regardless, the idea of insuring the ‘total value lost’ (not just the hull) has been brought up before, but it has problems. How do you charge for the build since it changes? How do you keep cargo losses from being massively scammed?

You say “better insurance” but give no details on how to work it. And linking it to “hours paid/played” just leads to people cycling alts and cashing in while the alt is new.

Yes, we need new players to stay longer. No, higher insurance payouts for people flying Jump Freighters isn’t the way to do that.

4 Likes

It’s not like you don’t know…

So… The Need to retain noobs… is clearly not in anyone’s interest…

I DON’T WORK for CCP…

The numbers would be for them to work out anyway…

Yeah ok as @Kezrai_Charzai has made my actual objections clearer than I have (and I still stand by the fact that the payout on free ships is already many times an improvement over nothing for actual new players), I don’t see the need to feed you any more, Alt-who-was-created-to-make-this-thread.

This is The Bottom Line

Anyone who want’s to argue it… would be keeping with EVE tradition ( as shown in the graph )

The player count decline reflects the removal of bots.

This is good for the game.

2 Likes

Said “newb” flies cyno falcons so that’s not a newbie, it’s a support alt. OP’s points, which are already silly, is not even backed by his own “evidence”.

3 Likes

Look… I don’t work for CCP…
Even if I had a stack of direct evidence… .
The response here in the forum would still be the same…

So why are you here?

1 Like

There’s someone who just needs to create threads.

Thats not a problem, but having ones either not be the same old stuff and/or make sense isnt that easy.

This is why I never make thread, and I dont mess around in the sensible ones.

This is also why I have a reputation.

Are you ok?

your acting like you matter

I just Miss the Good old days of Inbreeding Sister…

This isn’t about new players at all.

Nova is just mad cuz bad.

2 Likes

I dont think that was called for. Not from some freshly squirted out alt.