Noone left to play - impression and reasons of/for decreasing player numbers

Hi.

This is my personal experience und impression!!!

No, this is not another “Eve will die thread”. I only see a relativly strong decrease of player numbers. In the meantime I can feel it. Actually is Corona lockdown in Europe. So normally the player numbers should go up as in March. We live in Nullsec. A few month ago our small corp had regulary >40 people in the chat. Today there are 15 and this is the “new normal”. Same for the Ally. In the ally primetime there used to be more than 300 in the intel channel - now its around 200.

When you go to https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility you see the following average numbers.

Last year 33k
6 month 32k
3 month 27k
1 month 23k
2 week 22k
1 week 23k

When I ask corp members why they are not playing so much there are 3 main answers.

1. Mining nerf
  2. Ratting nerf
  3. Cloaky campers
  4. You can adapt to each of 1 to 3 but not to all

For me it is No 4. Today I was eager too play Eve. Ok, lets mine. I had a look on the situation and found nothing worth to do. So I wanted to rat but all Bounty Multiplier down OR Military Index down AND all systems have cloaky campers (some more than one). So I went offline :wink:

On the one side I really want Eve to succeed. Because I love the game and want to play it for a long time. On the other side I think that the developer company CCP will only learn because of hard facts and less money.

2 Likes

>proceeds to make an “EVE will die thread”

1 Like

If Nicolai Serkanner was here …
… he’d be rightfully telling you to ■■■■ off.

But because he’s not …
… no one’s rightfully telling you to ■■■■ off.

Many of us really appreciated him doing this.

6 Likes

Where is he anyway, is he banned or just taking a break?

Got banned because of some incident with the new community dev, CCP Aurora.
Iirc it’s not actually related to him rightfully telling people to ■■■■ off …
… and I don’t think he told her to ■■■■ off, because he didn’t even know her.

He actually posted here: [DEVBLOG] The EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook : Eve (reddit.com)

He’s really easy to spot… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And? So?

But you are against challenging changes, so this is a paradox.

5 Likes

Game’s been dying since 2003. Can I have your stuff?

3 Likes

You’re a real class A scumbag.

5 Likes

He might be a scumbag, but is he wrong though?

3 Likes

he is not :smiley:
all negativity on this forums come from the carebears and the iquit/evesuck/eveisdead topics
take them out and we are a bunch of happy campers

tenor

6 Likes

Space pixels is very serious business!

2 Likes

I mean you are not entirely wrong, literally the power houses of gallente faction went from being the strongest faction in faction warfare to not existing a few days/hours ago I have a feeling caldari is going to start building strength now as they have zero opposition.

That is ofc if Caldari dudes haven’t taken a break from eve too.

You saying stuff and it being real often diverage dramatically, Ive noticed.

3 Likes

Ded’s/combat exploration
Relic/Data
Wormholes
Abyssal’s (The most scalable in a null alliance not with multiple accounts but I mean 2000 guys in a null alliance doing it causes no issues.)

There is more ways of making isk than anoms and mining.

Change it too EVE starts dying since 2018. PA is now the owner of CCP games. Things are different.

1 Like

No proceeds to point out decreased player numbers cuz it’s not a sandbox anymore.

Randomized resource distribution actually in the game standard maps would fix much rather than tightly controlled zones.

Introduce capitalism in Space and then repeatedly attempt to “guide” it.

Only expanding the Universe by introducing deadly dungeon expansions - welcome to computing power of 2020’s - expand the damn map CCP and give us some cat, reptile, amorphous alien civilizations we can join!

Just add new crap that requires buying PLEX for real $ during a time of world wide drawdown in employment and pandemic - wtf were you thinking CCP?

The mining nerf alone has caused me to reduce my own Omega accounts to pretty much 1 instead of 4. Hours have dropped also.

Sandbox my ass.

6 Likes

This is the first time Cod Black1 has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

Let me be the first to welcome you to the community Cod Black1.

Permanently? I find that hard to accomplish if so. The number of people who should have been permanently banned is quite old and long.

I beg to differ. Not all changes are good. And even too many good changes at once can amount to a bad. Further, timing also counts.

And I will just say to no one in general, that pointing out how your friends have stopped playing and detailing why is not the same thing as saying EVE is doomed to certain death. There is something else called “obscurity” that people keep overlooking.

1 Like

Mission accomplished.

My two reasons I unsubbed, I wasn’t getting rich doing these activities but it did sustain my game playing.