Not a bad first time in jspace

To anyone who cares,

My character is only like 17 days old. And I have finally got my probe fitted how I want it as an alpha clone. Because I am an awful (alpha) clone, I obviously cannot use the cloaking device yet, but today I decided to explore anyways. So off I went with my core probe launcher and probes & data and relic analyzers ready to go. I set out in highsec and randomly started warping around, looking for places with little crowd. After finding a nice place on the outskirts of the Minmatar borders, I started scanning my first cosmic signature not a part of a beginner mission chain. After hitting 25%, I realized it was a wormhole. My newbro mind was blown. I absolutely had to go through it. But then I remembered I didn’t have a cloaking device… Whatever YOLO right? Anyways I entered wormhole, and the luck of the draw I ended up in a wormhole leading directly into j space. I was dumbfounded, I haven’t left highsec since I started, how the heck did I end up here? Well I’m here anyway I guess I’ll start scanning. Decided to bounce off a few asteroids and finally landed in a safe spot and started scanning. I think I was able to get in maybe two scans of cosmic signatures before all of a sudden I was hit with a rocket. I panicked, but luckily on my overview I have a warp out tab, I quickly selected one of the furthest objects away (an asteroid I believe) and warped within 100 km. And then immediately chose another object further from that one and worked a second and third time to create another safe space. Again at another asteroid, I hid beside it as I figured out what to do next. I decided I needed to GTFO. I made a choice that I had read about through googling Eve tricks and tips, and while I am not proud of this it is what I did in the moment and I can’t change it. I logged off the game. I gave myself a safe log off until I could get my thoughts together. After getting my head straight and logging back in, I thought to myself “I need to get back to the wormhole”… I forgot to bookmark it. In the words of Julia Roberts from the movie pretty women “BIG MISTAKE”. Well, isn’t this nice. So I think okay, what do I need to do next? I need to start scanning signatures and try to find that wormhole. Problem is? There’s like eight cosmic signatures. For a new bro flying tech One in a probe without a cloak, that is a lot of scanning. Regardless, I trugged away scanning each cosmic signature down to 100%… it was taking absolutely forever. I was crazy nervous because I was thinking that person who shot me with a rocket earlier was going to come back to find me. I started freaking out so I asked in the rookie chat if there was a 911 for getting stuck in jspace (mostly kidding by the way). Luckily someone sent me a useful link for Eve scout. I quickly contacted the rescue team and a person got in touch with me ASAP. And began helping me by asking questions and getting down to what happened and where I was. I spent hours, and hours you guys, talking with this person and scanning down signatures trying to find a way out. It felt like I was never going to get there and even considered just podding myself. Fortunately I chose the harder route and kept scanning and kept scanning, one WH 2 WH, another WH, what’s that? Another WH … you get my point? They were all WH I could not go through because instead of leading back to highsec, they all led to unknown space, thus I would have gotten myself into even more trouble. Now while scanning the last and final cosmic signature I had just finished scan and got 75% went out of nowhere either an Astero or an stratios was right in my face and started firing hell fire. I luckily had my overview up as always with my warp out tab ready. Like before I warped multiple times to different planets and moons before I found a safe place, my ship only hit points away from total destruction. Since I was 75% scanned on that signature, I quickly repositioned scanned again and got my 100%. It was the WH I needed to get back to high sec. Finally. Wow. That was scary. Intense. And I learned a lot in a very short amount of time. Thank you Eve scout for the rescue and fly safe my fellow capsuleers!

8 Likes

If you break it up into paragraphs, I’ll be more than happy to give it a read.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Don’t break it up into paragraphs, it’s just fine for those of us who know how to read.
Glad you had a good time in Jspace.

2 Likes

How on earth did it take you hours?

Stealth buff Alphas thread methinks

Not to mention that apparently only people with no tackle decided to go after him. TWICE.

1 Like

sounds like you have the courage that a good corp could use…

2 Likes

That’s an awesome first wormhole adventure, congrats on making it out alive!

That spooky wormhole feeling is pretty addicting.

4 Likes

Would you like to enroll in a composition course?

That’s great! Glad you made it out. WH space used to be my favorite thing about eve.

2 Likes

Read it anyway, but do it out loud in one long breath.

1 Like

@Korien_Razkar
I think that was one of, if not the best stories I’ve ever read on here. You did great and you got away with it.
Logging out wasn’t a bad idea at all, you had already escaped and needed time to think, as you said, and it worked.
Brilliant story, keep doing things like that and you are going to go far.

To all of you giving him crap about punctuation, think of how that sort of thing felt when you were this new, remember how intense that was?
Forgetting to breath, getting the shakes, hitting all of the buttons in the hope that one of them would help?
Remember that stuff?
I bet it’s why you are still playing.

I still have that stuff and it is without question why I am still playing.
That and my friends. Hell, I even have enemies I look forward to seeing.

2 Likes

Apparently, alphabetization was way more exciting to you than it was for me.

1 Like
  1. No

2. Whats wrong with communicating effectively?

1 Like

Nothing, but I read it like he had JUST escaped and was still freaking out. It somehow carried across how it felt to be in his situation.

2 Likes

Fair.
I was just being grumpy when I replied btw, sorry

3 Likes

What?
I don’t know what you are referring to, unless you’re talking about that skill sheet mess, but that’s a different subject entirely…

I’m going to make you an espresso and give you a kitten.
That fixes everything.

3 Likes

I dont wanna be an espresso

But Ill take the kitten.

Got any bread to go with it?

Er I mean…

To make a cosy bed for it.

Yes.
Thatll do

4 Likes

The problem it that irony will be ruined if I explain it to you. :frowning_face:

Aww crap, you mean I have to think?
This is gonna hurt

2 Likes