Not a fan of limiting free skill points to 5 million

The price per month is $10.95 when you pay for a year.

You make a good point though. You do have to pay for it all up front for that price. Work for a single day in real life and you can pay for the subscription for a year and never worry about grinding again.

Why would anyone ever grind in game (assuming they don’t enjoy the grind) when it’s that cheap IRL?

oh god imagine if you had to pay a sub and purchase this expansion, and you cant get next expansion unless you purchase this one.

No. It is not. The price is 10.95x12, upfront. It is not 10.95 per month. You can not pay 10.95 per month. You save money if you pay for the whole year upfront, but you can only do so, because you have the money to pay in the first place.

Someone who can not afford 15 bucks per month can absolutely not afford to pay 10.95x12 all at once!

I know it seems like i am arguing semantics, but believe me, i am not!

I would sincerely appreciate if you untied this logical knot in your head! It is absolutely ridiculous to tell someone, who can not afford 15 bucks a month, that the game is more affordable if he pays a full year’s sub all at once… and that’s what you’re doing!

Thank you!

PS: Mr. Epeen liked my post! Welcome back!

2 Likes

Now reply quoting everything I said. Don’t worry, I’ll copy and paste the part you accidentally left out.

“You do have to pay for it all up front for that price. Work for a single day in real life and you can pay for the subscription for a year and never worry about grinding again.”

Yes, you are purposely being difficult. It makes sense to pay for a subscription when you can earn the money it costs to pay for one month’s subscription in less time working IRL than it takes to grind for it in game (again, assuming you dislike the grind). Raising the price per month from $10.95 to $15 in this conversation doesn’t change that point.

Irrelevant to what you said.

You keep saying that the game becomes cheaper when it’s paid for a year, which is true, but besides the point. The one who can not pay 15 bucks a month does not care about the game being cheaper, he cares about the game being more affordable. No, that’s not the same at all!

The rest has nothing to do with what i addressed, or with the mistake you keep making. That’s why i left it out. I am solely talking about the fact that you are pretty much insulting your own intellect by continuously suggesting people, who can not afford the monthly sub, to pay a whole year up front.

Btw: If they could allow themselves to spend the money of a day’s work on a yearly sub, then they could as well pay the regular monthly sub. Sheesh, Sonya. :confused:

I’m obviously not saying the extra $4/mo you save by paying your subscription annually would make or break someone’s monthly budget, like you’re claiming. Stop being ridiculous.

Now respond to the point here. Stop being a pedantic troll.

i am not pedantic, and i don’t see a point you’re trying to make.
all i see is you suggesting people something that ignores their problem.
i addressed your post.

what am i missing?

btw: no one is saving 4 bucks per month. they are saving 4x12 bucks after a year. i am not pedantic, this is called accuracy!

Calm down. You’re not making sense. Bollocks is spelled with a B too.

OP exploiting ghost training, comes back after CCP fixes it, starts bitching “cant train past 5m sp”

1 Like

Lord you’re an absurd person, even for EVE’s troll-y standards. I think the concept of depreciation and amortization would blow your mind.

Fine, you were right all along. I apologize for my basic math and budgeting skills. Let’s use $15/month as our number. Spend one hour/month working IRL to pay the $15 subscription fee and never grind for ISK again.

As I said before, “It makes sense to pay for a subscription when you can earn the money it costs to pay for one month’s subscription in less time working IRL than it takes to grind for it in game (again, assuming you dislike the grind).”

I look forward to you ignoring that point and trolling some more.

1 Like

before the patch you could train any of the alpha skills which was about 5mil sp total, My 200mil SP character could train as an alpha as there were a few skills I didn’t have (aka mining).

now that the alpha trainable skills are ~20mil total, you can train up to 5mil SP anywhere in that pool but anything over 5mil SP stops training.

It’s imo a better system for new players as they aren’t as limited to the 5mil sp alpha pool that has some dead weight for things you don’t really want to train but are among the only things you can train. But maybe it’s a bit worse for returning players that have SP they don’t want to use but still counts against the cap.

Someone who can’t afford 50 cents per day should probably not be worrying too badly about video games.

They should probably be worrying about finding a job and permanent home, instead of a cardboard box outside mcdonalds leeching off free wifi.

4 Likes

i totally agree with that. Fleeing from Life itself is really bad.

Full agree. But there is one part that should not be ignored. These old character might gain way more with the new change. because suddenly there are more skills unlocked, if they lerned them in the past.

Old characters were limited to the fixed ~5 million from the alpha set. Now they unlocked the whole 20 million. It might even be that an alpha went from the 5 million to 20 million (if they lerned all the skills in the past). So all skills they had can be used now. This is a great improvement, and fully worth the little drawback that exist.

I just made a little check. 5 million skill points. A character is starting with ~500k. And an Alpha can train at ~25k points a day (half of the 50k from a daily injector).
This means, if you are doing a new character now, it will take around 6 month to get a max (5 million) toon with the skills you want (beside these that are fixed from creation). And after this you can use daily injectors to get the few skills that you still want and that you are missing.
I might be wrong, but this could be a full Gila pilot with all drone and shield skills for it, and even most of the missile skills. And this is more than enough to do a lot of stuff.

I find this a really good deal. And even with all these small problems this system might cause (ex Omega cannot train what they were missing from the old alpha set) it is a great improvement for everyone who is starting now and for most old characters. And even for these who were playing with the old Alpha system. They can just start a new toon, and lern the skills they want now (with the experience they were gathering so far).

If anyone of the alpha players is complaining now, that the system is bad, because they have a drawback from it (lerned useless skills because they could in the past), i can only say: stupid, selfish and blind.

They (alphas) have so many chances now, and so many ways to improve.

1. Upgrade to Omega for a month and lern what you want. And keep these skills after the Omega stops. One of the best improvements on the system.
  2. Buy Daily injectors and get the skills that you want (same as 1, but you can split the 30 days from Omega to single days, more or less).
  3. Start a new character and train him the way you want with the max. 5 million.

And about the money. The current even is so great for alpha chars to make money. These rogue swarm sites give good ISk and the reward is really worth it. The accelerators are worth 60 and 200 million right now. Each of them is one daily injector for an alpha. And on the other side the daily injectors are cheap right now. They are at ~50 million in Jita. This is far under the plex price (they should be at around 66 million). They are currently cheaper than 500 plex for one month playtime.
Any alpha, who really want it, should buy them now. Because there will only be a crying and whining in 2-3 month that they are sooooo expensive.

To me i assumed it was going to be you could train beyond 5m sp with a single race, but would have to inject to get the others up to pirate faction/t2 mods ie missile guns to V etc etc,

Just tried out my BC alt with a full T2 Cane fit bar the AB which had to switch down.

Best F2P set up I think I have used bar my Churchill III from WoT

2 Likes

Churchill line up in world of tanks is so bad… its like flying a drake with rockets

Unless they nerfed the III because its a murder machine.

This is why no one wanted this for alphas.

But this is why I’m bringing back some of my old characters from the dead.

Care to share that fit?

Oh its just a simple 220 AT with AB 2 x Webs and a Long point, nothing special.

1 Like