Not happy with the skin situation

There is only one economy. You’re talking nonsense.

Alright, ‘other parts of the same economy’ are not affected by the skins. Now happy?

Skins have no impact on anything at all. Too many skins just hurts the skin price and nothing else. Too few skins drives the price up of those skins only. It’s an isolated part of the economy without impact on the rest of the economy, so CCP can easily add more skins as rewards for events when they want without impact on anything but skin prices.

Other possible rewards such as special blueprints, isk, training accellerators all have to compete with other parts of the economy and thus cannot be added without limit and without impact on the rest of the economy. Skins have no such impact.

FFS! Are you retarded? You can sell skins for ISK!!! More skins in game means more isk in the game used to buy them, which could mean more Plex bought from CCP, which means more plex in game, which causes change of Plex prices which has effects on other commodities. Stop your bollocks replies dude.

Isk is just moved from one player to another. No isk is created or removed in those transactions. It’s not like adding any amount of skins would increase or decrease the amount of plex sold.

Skins can change the distribution of ISK - from buyer to seller, but they don’t increase the amount of ISK in the game and, since they are strictly cosmetic, they don’t change game balance. This makes them a much better reward for PVE activity than bounties.

Since the most desirable skins need to be purchased from the NES using PLEX, skins represent a sink for PLEX and a useful income stream for CCP.

1 Like

I never said otherwise. My gripe is with the statement skins are separated from the EvE economy, which is clearly isn’t.

Sigh, I never said it does. Skins can be traded for oak and are therefor by definition part of the economy.

When I PVE, I’m zoomed out to the point I can’t see the ship I’m flying.

When I PVP, I have so many windows open I can barely see the space I’m flying in, let alone the ship I’m flying.

The only reason to have a skin is if you are a ship spinning station trader/ scammer. Apparently that covers most of the people who play the game if you add up all the whining about skins of late.

How skins even became a thing in this game escapes me.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

skins are no content…so they can be deleted and thrown into the trashbin of mmog history where they belong…

bottom line…

All you people who think that graphics dont matter, get back to your text-based games and MUDs. :joy:

While they could make more use of the LP store for certain faction skins (if they haven’t already), it’s a compromise that’s a lot better than what could have been done instead (premium ammo, expensive monocles, and so on).

If you’re not happy with the skin situation consult a dermatologist :slight_smile:

1 Like

At first they were far more common as drops during events. Some werth next to nothing and sometimes you would score a more rare one and make some isk. This sounds more like Eve, then the current Plex heavy skin system

I find most skins to be highly undesirable. There are a couple that I just “have to have”, but doens’t CCP want to make more money than a selling me just a couple skins?

Wouldn’t it be better if Skins were included in your subscription? You are paying double. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.