Now that mining has been fixed and improved when will they do the same for L4 missions?

You know, I really used to like hyperbolics but this forum has made me so so sick of them.

1 Like

You will have 200% the amount of NPC’s, but with the new ammo you will have 100 50% chance of wasting the bounty.
Also, a select few lvl4 missions will include a Jita monument replica you need to shoot to finish the mission.

evil laughter

But … but … ! There’s ores in the mission DED sites! And it’s the ores that CCP claimed were removed from corresponding security zones. Low SP capsuleer’s favorite deploy-and-forget-boat (Vexor) even has a drone mining bonus. Sooner or later droneboaters might mine in the combat DED

If drones wouldn’t pull rat aggro, you couldn’t run the talos burner with an untanked t1 cruiser any more as the Talos would be shooting you rather then your drones… and unlike the drones, they tend to hit cruisers.

Noone uses those to rat. People rat with deploy-and-forget boats, namely

• Vexor
  • Myrmidon
  • Dominix
  • Gila
  • Ishtar

Sometimes you see Marauders, I guess by people who want ratting to be a bit more interactive, but are afraid of losing HACs / T3C while not paying attention, so they use their tankier CODE-Magnets instead.

T1 weapons are useless for anything other then being upgraded to t2, or being sold to industrialists who upgrade them to T2. Even on a destroyer that undocks only to be suicided on a random stargate you wouldn’t put T1 guns, cause T2 are just so much better.

But that doesn’t affect ratters, because ratters use drones and not guns.

You don’t run npc missions with caps though, unless you’re baiting for pvp content.

MTU / Mobile Depot specific cargoholds, and make them not be movable in regular cargoholds any more. MTUs can only be hauled by a new corvette variant that has to be constructed by players rather then being provided at any station for free, but otherwise has similar stats to the free corvette.

Some missions/sites don’t have any decorations inside, so you need to deploy your MTU and have your Ishtar / Gila orbit it in order for the anchoring point of the droneboat not to get clapped by drones and your droneboat drifting away while you’re afk.

You can’t have MTU bays in “industrials” because industrials are among the tankiest things in the game, so the hauler alt would just be left on grid (people w/o alt would eject it on grid and reship on their droneboat)

Unlike the command ship proposition in the other post, this would one cause some people to cancel some subscriptions.
Those who stay… would use auto-targeting missiles, while complaining about how much clickery it now is to restart cycling the launchers after they reloaded.

T2 guns don’t have a 30% DPS bonus over T1 guns, so this would be a buff. T2 guns advantage is to be able to load T2 ammunitions.

Only Belt rats drop good amounts of loot, and those already got scarcity-ed. Although they can of cause get a second nerf.

Salvage… Do people salvage? I did in the past, but usually ignoring the salvage and pew-pew-pewing more rats in the time that is saved results in more ISK/time. If you want to collect salvage, run some relic sites.

Mission system is I think the oldest thing that was not redesigned at all. There were small touchups like UI additions to see what mission you have, or changing agents to reduce the amount of divisions they are in. Maybe whats right now in the game is what they think is a pinnacle of game development.

If they will try to redesign it, nobody guarantees they would not break it. So be happy what you have.

But additional new l4 missions? Who knows…

Well they did introduce burner missions at some point, which is now a decade ago. And they updated the burner missions like 5 years ago.

Maybe we get some cool stuff, such as clapping diamonds (invasion, incursion, mining fleets), messing with autothysians, retrieving wormhole-exclusive items, …, or lvl5 distribution/mining that is exclusive to lowsec?

Introducting exploration missions would be cool, too.

Id explain what a joke is but it would probably be lost on you.

Also you are wrong about several of your points.

1 Like

This! L4’s are boring, now imagine boring and broken…

Bad enough COSMOS are broken where GM’s can’t help with anything

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.