NPC Bounties, CONCORD and Empires

I remember the conversation was about removing attributes - which then would remove the need for learning implants - which make up most NPC LP stores markets. And I wouldn’t think a system that removed learning implants and attributes would worry about optimal training.

for now I’m waiting on CCP to update the update site with the updates they have spoken about in the dev blogs. would be nice if someone got a round to updating the updates.

They certainly make up a large percentage of LP store purchases, so they’d have to tweak things to keep the sinks and faucets holding up, but that wouldn’t require a complete rework of LP stores.

Honestly they’d probably just replace the learning implants with some kind of Navy Faction implants that are below Pirate Implants in terms of power.

Yup, that’s my point. I think CCP still sees value in those decisions and tradeoffs.

Stuff goes up on the Updates roadmap when it has some kind of vague schedule associated with it AFAIK.

Thats the reply I got from CCP! :slight_smile:

I’ve never really thought about that, and I’m not sure if I’d seen it suggested like that anywhere else… Navy implants would be interesting… I wouldn’t want more shield/armor/warp stuff. Maybe things that effected the ewar of the ship.

Say: High-grade Federal Navy Interdiction Alpha Implant - +10% webbing effect added to warp disruption modules blah blah… some group bonus with if you have have more implants in the group, plus something that balances back out like increase to cap use or causes heat damage with regular cycles.

There are plenty of potential options. It could even be weaker combinations of bonuses found on the pirate implants. So Minmatar could offer an implant that does both shield HP and boost power, or shield HP and warp velocity, or something like that but with the overall values lower than the pirate implants. The goal being bonuses that don’t exactly synergize but that you might want on two different ships for the same pilot.

The main thing is that if they’re going to replace learning implants with something then it should try to hit a similar range of price points but with more room on the high end (preferably) and be similarly in demand to the regular implants. If you told me I could spend 500m-1b on a more versatile but less powerful set of bonus implants I’d probably go for it, personally, considering the high-grade pirate implants can be 1b each.