NPC Customs Inspectors

I left Eve for a few years and came back a few months ago. I am mostly caught up on all of the changes that have happened, but there is still one thing I am not sure about: NPC Customs Inspectors. We have faction navies and faction police now, but there are still separate NPC Customs ships loitering around stargates. Do these ships serve any purpose? My understanding is that slaves and drugs and tags can be flown around without any restrictions now.

1 Like

They are part and parcel of living in high sec space. The empires can spend their taxes anyway they like. Either start an ingame political party or overthrow the 4 empires and tell the customs officers to get a new job.

:wink:

1 Like

Do they interact with capsuleers in any way, or are they just decoration?

2 Likes

I believe that drugs are legal, but other trade goods may not be depending on the empire i.e. slaves in Minmatar space.

2 Likes

Yeah, each Empire has a few items they consider to be Contraband and if you happen to have it in your cargohold, you’ll be subject to fines, reduced security status and item confiscation.

1 Like

It’s actually faction standing. But the rest is accurate.

1 Like

Well, I was just going by memory so I guess it could be Faction standing.

Anyway, there’s definitely some items left in the game which validates having NPC Customs Inspectors at Jumpgates.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.