Nullification and Warp Module Update – Live Now!

Yet another nerf to the drone users. yay…

I kinda understand why you would put that on the nullifier, you don’t want Asteros running away without penalty, but why on the WCS too?
And was 50% really necessary? Drone ships lose half of their combat potential for each module. Yet this doesn’t affect any other weapon systems. How is this balanced?

Also, can we have another full rework of the T3Cs, considering all the new mechanics?

7 Likes

The drone penalty is on the Warp Core Stabilizer, not the Interdiction Nullifiers.

(At least that’s what’s in the patch notes. Actual results may vary.)

2 Likes

Especially on the Astero, which is a fighting frame, should not both have combat capabilities and warp core stabilizers.

Anyway, the Astero cannot use the nullifier.

Same drone penalty is on the interdiction nullifiers. No idea why, maybe CCP copied the WCS stats and forgot the drone penalty is still there?

2 Likes

So, here’s the skinny on this change. Fleet ceptors jobs are now impossible. Half of their job is warping around a bubble ■■■■■■ grid trading out tackle on ■■■■ stuck in bubbles. The other half is warping to anoms/belts to tackle targets while the fleet burns through bubbles. With the active nature and the reactivation timer, even adjusted down for ceptors, it still breaks them. The scan res penalty is the final nail in the coffin, 10% just for fitting it. Not while it’s active, just installed. I think they should’ve just removed warp stabs instead of doing this but this is better in regards to stabs.

*I do like that I can now kill “travel” ceptors, maybe.

*t3cs got ■■■■■■, as usual.

*Whoever flagged this three week old post sucks.

14 Likes

The changes are not good, but there have been enough discussions about that in the last few days.

@CCP Have you forgotten the nullification of the shuttles? At least it doesn’t appear in the role bonus and the attributes…

1 Like

The following ship classes are compatible with the new modules: Interceptors, Blockade Runners, Deep Space Transports, Tech I Industrials, Covert Ops Frigates, Luxury Yachts, and Strategic Cruisers.

Isn’t the Astero a Cov-Ops frigate? Or is it just able to use the Cov-Ops cloak?

1 Like

So glad I stopped giving you idiots money!

21 Likes

я очень хочу плюнуть в лицо тому уроду который придумал последнее обровление

4 Likes

Why Would you destroy the yacht? Why didn’t you just add another high slot to it? Ccp, I am shocked that you didn’t consider opinion of the community and just did it anyway. Then why the ■■■■ do you have the forums? What is the point if we express opinions and ccp turns around and doesn’t give a ■■■■.

14 Likes

Technically the Astero is just a Tech 1 frigate that happens to be able to use a covert ops cloak.

2 Likes

Astero is just a Pirate Frigate able to use a CovOps cloak, not a CovOps frigate.

1 Like

So, some (lots?) of us SOLO players use interceptors/cov ops and cloaks to roam and explore the universe, we harm nobody, in fact that is what we want isn’t it? To get people out of highsec hubs and to see the wider universe? Will nerfing cloaking just make them stay in their highsec hubs more?

This harms the small solo explorer/roamer doesn’t it?

31 Likes

Last time I checked on Sisi, I was able to fit both on an Astero, that’s why I got confused.

By the way, do you guys remember those useless “Aura” and “Natura” storyline WCS modules? They seem to be the best now.

1 Like

I’ts a faction exploration ship that can use cov ops. It will be over powered if it can use intediction nulifier and it only have 2 high slots, For probe scanner and cloak module.

So why can’t this be hotfixed BEFORE it hits TQ?

2 Likes

This is like asking my wife “why couldn’t you NOT have hit that stationary object?”

■■■■ happens. No excuses for it.

4 Likes

Is there a module we can “burst” or “deploy” to collapse bubbles, wouldn’t that be a game changer at border bubble camps?

5 Likes

Its not classed as a covert ops frigate, Cov Ops are omega locked, the astero isn’t

Any QA openings at CCP? Or is that just not part of the corporate culture?

15 Likes

I quit Eve after CCP made Claws absolutely useless and now, when I just got back, you screwed up rest of interceptors. Thanks CCP. It was a mistake going back to Eve. I will not pay for this anymore :frowning:

20 Likes