Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

It’s even more fun with these drone debuffs. It says 50 mbps reduction, but the actual reduction is 50%. The effect is only useful when the module is activated, and the negative is constant… Just SUPER!!! The game goes from sci-fi to casual anti-science…

If you guys keep coming up with silly changes like these, people are going to think you don’t play your own game!
Maybe it’s just me, but I’m starting to think we will have an un-sub competition once the whole goon vs Papi thing is done

5 Likes

wtf is this ■■■■

3 Likes

SO, this comes across as half baked at best. As usual.
So to be perfectly clear, you took issue with travel inties, but want to allow any mongo-FC to be able to nullify bombing runs. Can we please just fix the industry patch first and foremost instead of doing whatever “this” is.
Have you even considered Interdiction nullified Artillery Dramiels with this goober idea of yours.

5 Likes

Yeah, this guts hunting as the meta is spamming delay bubbles… making null safer(its super safe now). The other aspect is that it makes moving goods even more safe. Smart pilots will be almost impossible to catch t2 haulers… making logistics even safer. It’s already impossible to catch a JF without them messing up bad. This just adds another layer of safety on top of It already being safer to move goods in null than hs these days (if you have a functioning brain).

This majorly nerfs small group play in general. It makes hunting very difficult and extracting also difficult. People talk about wanting to introduce counter play with ganks. But there already is counter play. It’s your 60 person fleet. The hunters and killers need to be knowledgeable enough about their prey and skilled enough to kill them before the prey’s friends show up. Noone is going to want to stick around for your 60 pilot fleet to show up when they only have 5 people. The risk is skyrocketing for small groups and at the same time, their capability is decreasing.

This change feels like a they brought a nuke to a knife fight: Tons of casualties… but they got their guy…

Really interesting, though I’m confused about the T3C effect. They’re not getting a low to compensate? Would anyone really take these subsystems now?
If no low is added, could there be some other bonus added so the subsystem isn’t useless without the nullifier mod equipped?

amazing! thank you CCP for your vision and your courage

If these changes go through expect record high unsubs TBH

8 Likes

I doubt that many people will unsub for this, but pretty much everyone wants to see a carrot for once instead of endless sticks

I have tested the interdiction nullify module on singularity .
It cannot be activated while the gate cloak timer is active . I poped a bubble and for you to bypass it , you have to uncloak , activate the module and then warp.
This can create obvious issues …

1 Like

The increased duration, especially on the nullification as meta level increases is pretty useless. If you can’t get out in 10s after activation you aren’t getting out in 15s either.

Tech 2 should either decrease cooldown slightly (and/or other penalties) or - shockingly - decrease fitting requirements.

Please don’t add useless T2 modules.

2 Likes

Don’t fancy increasing the shuttle warp speed whilst your at it do you?

2 Likes

Defenders are actively defending their space, and delay bubbles are actually no protection at all if the attacker has more than 0 fuctioning brain cells.

That is a lie. Decloak and tackle as it is happening right now.

Has been at least since 2012 when i started playing, citadels just made it somewhat easier but every not_bad player could use JF in a rather safe way even before cits.

Orly? Go trade between 1dq and T5Z, oh god people will laugh at you being murdered there again and again.

Literally nothing in those changes makes neither hunting more difficult, nor extracting.

That is a lie of Olmeca Gold proportions. Hunters are going for everything they can blob and running from everything that can actually counter them. Not much knowledge or skill can be found there.

And for the record: people wanted counterplay for cloaks, not ganks themselves.

Won’t go into the nullification topic … but the WCS change is not one that will make my game play any better by far. I hunt explorers in an Astero, and my fit uses just one mid for scram (faction). So someone that decides to fit three WCSs in their lows wil be able to get away from me. With this change to be able to catch explorers with any certainty I’ll need to go to dual scrams (for +4) and should I want to catch ventures will need to still include a faction in the mix … in other words this would make Eve a safer and happier place for explorers whilst reducing the options for fittings that hunters have … :frowning:

Make the nullifier and cloaks activatable under gate cloak. Solves the problem of high ping ppl dying to ping rng on gate camps.

1 Like

can you fit modules to a shuttle… Nope… so it’s not the same as a ceptor based on the ability for a ceptor to align at ~2 seconds with the right fit.

Maybe you’re right when you say the changes are for giving the fleet scout roll to Cov-Ops? Right now what are Cov-Ops used for? Cyno and data or relic sites? You rarely see them used outside of those roles but they USED to be used as scouts too. Interceptors were the tackle on a fleet and scouts too until Interdictors were introduced.

Maybe some of these changes are trying to bring back some of the older tricks and fleet configurations? They still suck right now though.

These changes will obviously deter and hinder player movement, especially anyone trying to move goods around New Eden……maybe that’s the affect CCP are going for?

Maybe this is a half arsed attempt at trying to break Jita’s stranglehold on the economy and push more regional markets into existence?

Where’s my tin-foil hat!?!

2 Likes

I wasn’t trying to imply covops needed this role. they are already an important niche as the primary scouting ships in wormholes.

This seems high.

Wouldn’t 25% be a better amount, as most ships using else stabs are industry ships with @25 bandwidth so 50% of 25 would round to 10mb hardly enough to launch two mining drones or light combat