Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

If there is a bubble at the destination of a long warp, do you have to have the module active when you initiate or when you land?

10 Likes

A bit of feedback on nullification specifically: I don’t believe an active nullification module plays well with how bubble mechanics work in Eve. It’s incredibly unintuitive that you’ll only go through a bubble at your destination if you activate the nulifier before you click warp (and will still go through it even if it’s offline by the time you reach it).

18 Likes

Garbage changes from a dedicated garbage CSM and CCP…This literally only helps the largest blocs and fucks everyone else. GG.

74 Likes

This is one of the worst thought out set of changes I have seen CCP come up with in quite a while. Congratulations.

94 Likes

All you had to do is make warp core stabilizers exclusive to industrial ships.

I fail to see these changes really accomplishing their intended purpose.

FW farmers that use WCS will just warp off to dock instead of bouncing between celestials or sites.

Other users of WCM will have a safespot and probably also a cloak.

As for the nullifier modules… what’s the logic there?

23 Likes

If CCP wants players to spread throughout the game more, which appears to be a general goal, then they need to make it easier to travel around safely, not harder.

The harder and less safe travelling is, the less people will travel.

79 Likes

This is the stupidest idea.

50 Likes

Instant lock bubble camps new meta

8 Likes

well, hoboleaks also lists a -50 drone control bandwith penalty for the wcs module…

3 Likes

These changes are excellent. Good job CCP.

1 Like

This nullification change is absolutely ridiculous and just makes the game safer for krabs in massive nullblocks. Whoever pioneered this change is so incredibly out of touch with how the game currently works.

69 Likes

No, god, pls no! We can’t let this happens on TQ Its delirium

18 Likes

Seems like a stupid idea, fleet ceptor kinda needs that nullification for scouting; but with 50% reductions in targeting range (which is already only just about good enough) i likely wouldnt bother putting one on… the interceptor is truly dead.
GJ null block fc’s!
Think i’ll just stay in wormholes… until the banhammer comes again… which is probably what; next tuesday?

46 Likes

This will be interesting to test out. I was hoping the AFK camping would be prioritized before something like this that I haven’t heard a lot of fuss about. Looks like I’ll be figuring out if you can remain sub-2 whilst still being nullified and explo fit.

1 Like

Ah CCP continues to “fix” mechanics that are niche in nature in stead of actually delivering meaningful content. Who asked for this?

42 Likes

Will we be able to load interceptors into frigate escape bays now?

14 Likes

I hope there will be a new mirror announced soon! It’s been about three months since the last one and I keep missing out on being able to preview these changes.

Warp stabilizers are already countered pretty effectively by fitting more points, or using infinity point HICs, so I’m not sure why they were considered problematic enough to need changing. I think they’ll hardly ever be used if these changes make it to Tranquility.

18 Likes

II have literally never met someone whos asked for any of this.

60 Likes

Oh look another update that no one wanted or needed. Thanks CCP.
How about a shift in direction from you guys? We could do with something to make people want to log in and play because these recent changes are just doing quite the opposite.
Next time bring changes that make people undock and you might get some more support from the players. How about having player-wide polls on these silly ideas so you can get a feel for what the wider playerbase feels rather than what’s fed to you through the few on the CSM - who it seems are clueless what the average player enjoys.

70 Likes

Adios tackle ceptors. Hello ramjags and other assault frigs.

12 Likes