Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

Wants to make people travel more, spread around.

Makes travelling harder.

GJ

53 Likes

Oh, goodie. No more travelceptors. Guess I won’t be flying around null much w/o a fleet. :nauseated_face:

12 Likes

I really don’t get why Active Time is the only stat that gets a ‘bonus’ between different versions of the module. In most situations you would activate warp pretty quickly after the module. If anything, an increase to this stat is actually a penalty because it delays the start of the cooldown. The same applies for the 100% role bonus increase.

If anything, Cooldown should be the only stat that gets improved.

7 Likes

I was on test server rn and only see only Interdiction Nullifiers.
Shuttles T3 and others ships don`t have any changes.

Seems ships are now limited to a maximum of one warp core stabilizer, giving +3 warp core strength when active.

Isn’t that way too predictable? Right now industrials can have anywhere between 0 and the amount of low slots in warp core strength, so tackle doesn’t know exactly how much scram and point they need to bring.

After this change, bringing double scram, or faction scram + point for a strength of 4 will always guarantee capture of any ship even if they have warp core stabilizers. (Bar Ventures and DST).

My suggestion:

• Add faction warp core stabilizers with +4

Makes tackling much less predictable.

26 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine I don’t see any mention of the drone brandwith debuff when fitting warp core stabs but it’s on sisi/hoboleaks. Can you confirm if it’ll stay?

4 Likes

a

Your warp destination is set when you initiate warp.

In a long history of stupid changes from CCP this is one of the most idiotic I have ever seen

52 Likes

Dear CCP, lay down the crack pipe, all these changes you are doing are just starting to make the game more and more unplayable. Why did you guys get rid of the economists? tbh since you guys got rid of them its been a steady slide into a crap game.

49 Likes

Try and think through how you go from Gate A to Gate B in a 100AU+ warp, and tell me how this works in reality?

You enter Gate A which is bubbled, you (hopefully) press this while cloaked (which I doubt), and off you go.
You land on a Moon within Dscan of Gate B and figure out it is bubbled. So you sit on the moon for -x- minutes, then warp to gate.
You jump Gate B which is bubbled and you die unless the warp down was within the activation timer.

So basically, unless someone goes to a nearby ping on every gate - anyone bubbling both sides of gate = insta death to anything with this module, which is easy to do in a Dictor. How is…this…sensible? We’re forcing people to spend longer getting from A->B.

You say shuttles - I say one SB gatecamp will blow away shuttles. Least Intis could fit to survive in some cases. Then you have a mass of people with no real way of getting around, unless we plan on all buying BLOPs.

Not sure how CSM thought through this and went - yep, this makes sense. Our feedback to people now, buy a shuttle…I mean FFS.

This game is already really REALLY complicated, now we’re removing the easiest source of getting A->B (safely). I hope whatever imaginary problem you’re trying to solve is worth aggravating the population.

(Also F to my Loki’s).

20 Likes

Can you activate it after you get scrammed and it still works?

one can activate the Nulli before the cloak, much like you can activate MWD & cloak at the same tick.

The Good:

• Drone Bandwidth penalty on WCS
  • Max warp core strength bonus from modules is now 3.
  • Passive nullification added to all shuttles.

The Bad:

• Blockade Runners and DSTs can nullify. They should not be harder to catch than they already are. At best only one of them should have it.
  • Strategic Cruisers got another nerf (albeit a good one if done right) but still result in SP loss.
  • Stealth bombers AND ALL T1/FACTION FRIGATES CAN BE NULLIFIED? WHAT THE DEUCE?!
  • The reactivation delay on the nullification module prevents hunters from being able to get through a gate or wormhole to attack ratters if both sides are bubbled.

There are some good ideas here, but the more I read into the changes the more dissatisfied I became with them.

7 Likes

I thought I already saw the worst ideas/patches, but this is just crazy. Its not changing anything about problems like bots/rmt its justmaking it harder for everyone who wants to pvp. And now I cant even have a T3 with combat probs on grid and dont need to worrier about itbecause its nullified and cloaky, now I have to activeate a module wich has a 75 second cooldown on it. Or just burining eyes somethere on a ceptor alt is hard if there just a single competent camp and requiers most of your attention. I really hope this stays on sisi and I think we should do a vote wich only play wich are avtive in null/wh can to part because everyone else isnt effectet by it at all.

26 Likes

Not a good change - just leave it be…

24 Likes

Here’s a suggestion. Keep the existing nullified ships passively nullified, add passive nullification for shuttles, and add an active nullification module for transports and covops ships. I also think WCSes make you sacrifice too much, why make them worse? Otherwise this change could be called “The Great Slaughter” or “Shooting Fish in a Barrel”.

31 Likes

what do you mean new? or did you forget to add “/s”

Please remove this! Nullification is something advanced and a skill should be necessary.

8 Likes

Of all the changes you could be working on… this is… i mean… why? whats the actual point?

Guessing that cloak update your working on will ■■■■ all cloaking too right?

Not amused at all.

23 Likes

another spot on change :slight_smile: gl hunters and travel ceppies with 150s cooldown :smiley:

1 Like