Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

Bubbles that are made after you initiate warp are ignored. The entire route is checked for bubbles the moment you initiate warp. If there’s bubbles on your grid or on the target grid, you will land in them.

The interdiction nullification module will make you immune to all bubbles for a short time. So you can safely traverse an entire system full of bubbles in one warp you initiated when you had the module active. Even if the duration of your module is shorter than your warp time.

Yes. The warp core stabilizer will add +3 warp core strength when active and if that is more than the amount of scram and point strength holding you down, you can warp off.

we’re seeing different specs on sisi than in your post, can you clarify what to actually expect?

1 Like

Yeah, this is certainly the test server where nothing is finalized. When you hover over the grouping for frigates it shows the Echelon is allowed to fit the Nullification module…however the Echelon has no low slot :smile:

10 Likes

According to my boys on SiSi they give 3 str and you can only fit one as well. Weird stuff.

To be honest I was a bit shocked by this

• I think the shuttle nullification is fine, not sure

The nullification module should go in a high power slot.

Currently - it will severely impact armor based ships, as well as Blockade Runners due to its slot placement, while leaving many other ship classes mostly intact.

As a high slot module, the relative effectiveness of almost any ship can be preserved, and utility high slots can be added with minimal impact on the EVE Ecosystem.

16 Likes

LOL. What the point of having Warp core stab then? Already now tacklers use dual point. This update makes these tacklers always win. Every single transport outside highsec is now sitting duck, not just Freighters.

13 Likes

Everyone likes this change good job CCP.!

4 Likes

I cannot see how this benefits anyone other than huge bloc pilots, as this almost entirely kills T3 hunting. What is the point of even using them anymore if their greatest strength is now gone?

Eve doesn’t need to be more safe in the most braindead ways possible. Jump freighters are already 100% impossible to catch unless the pilot has room temperature IQ. Jump bridges everywhere make getting reinforcements on grid far easier than it was when cyno’s where allowed on any ship. These changes feel like a person who does nothing but indy ■■■■ all day wrote them and has no understanding what so ever of how hunting mechanics work.

May as well just make the entire game high sec space and be done with it so the carebears can never lose anything and this game just becomes asteroid mining simulator.

20 Likes

It’s in the post - “add depth and alleviate concerns around their previous use as a powerful means to escape.”

This is the problem - we’ve grown so used to interceptors just ignoring gate camps that people have forgotten how to get past them any other way. The obvious answer is you’re in an interceptor - you’re faster than the dictor, so you jump to the other side, burn back to the gate and jump through until your timer is down and keep going. This is what folks who aren’t nullified have to do already to get away from dictors.

There should be no way to get from A->B in 100% safety without some kind of penalty, like a jump clone timer. That it has been easy to do this for too long has let people grow complacent.

I’m hoping that this will work, but if not, I think it will be easier to just make it so you can activate it while cloaked and then align/warp out. That mimics the current functionality as best as can be, at least from jump in.

3 Likes

Warp Core Stabilizer

• I don’t know if the warp core stabilizers need to be changed, this feels very redundant to a module that already has low useage.

Interdiction Nullifier

1. the interdiction nullifier may be better as a high slot option, especially for blockade runners/DSTs so it doesn’t skew the favor more heavily towards shield tanked ships > Armor tanked.
  2. The Duration is pretty short and the cooldown is way too long imo, you may be able to get through one gate but will surely die on the other side is meh, I feel the active effect of the module needs to carry through from one system to another for this to be a playable change.
  3. Are the targeting range/Scan res passive nerfs all time active or only during the active duration of the module, it isn’t clear in OP.
  4. Fitting costs to interceptors are probably going to be a no go here, 32+ cpu is gonna make it really tight to do anything else useful, the hulls may require a fitting reduction to have anyone even think about using this, as well as changing it to a highslot module.
  5. I question the need to nuke the Luxury Yatch, It is not a combat ship and should be left untouched.
14 Likes

I am playing EVE since 2009. This is actually the most stupid change in all that time.

42 Likes

So now an extra slot on the ship has become dedicated to this “module” gimping whatever ship normally would have been nullified rather than inherent? Shuttles wont get that sub 3 second warp like you got with a yacht. You are including it as a low slow so you lose a nano, stab, or inertia stab. I don’t expect CCP to respond to anyone’s messages here, or enter into a debate - will more or less be a “this is what’s coming, get ready.”

I remember a time where CCP implemented changes that added to the experience of the game. I feel as though these days, all we are seeing are changes that take away from the game, are adjustments, and/or move the game over to increasing massive blob warfare - a very corporate version of eve online.

14 Likes

This was added in on Hoboleaks. Don’t see it active yet though.

5 Likes

That is not how it works currently on SiSi. There is a new trait “canActivateInGateCloak” but it is not on the module.

Bit of a Freudian slip lets out CCP’s true intentions. : )

"WARP CORE STABILIZERS
The penalties to ship performance remain as a passive effect and only the warp strength will improve when the module is active. Stats:

Activation cost: 50
Active duration: 20s
Cooldown: 120s
Warp Strength increase: 1
Targeting Rage reduction: -50
Scan Resolution reduction: -50%"

2 Likes

Oh dear lord no

As pointed out above, gates with bubbles either side become a deathtrap negating the willingness of people to even want to venture in to null, blockade runners don’t need nullification period

Unless you’re also going to be compensating all these ships with an extra slot to use these modules i don’t see this change as anything but a monumental step backwards

DO NOT let this go through

43 Likes

Yes Please.

Both sides of the gate are bubbled… FC what do?

14 Likes

Unless the duration stat is increased something like ten-fold to allow multiple warps with one activation, then yeah you’re right. You’re literally better off with a shuttle than a T3 cruiser.

4 Likes