Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

Missed the edit time window:

1. For fleet interceptors and T3C sub 75% reduction in cooldown

So, they want players to lose ships more often so they feel compelled to buy plex for real money? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes - and it’s marvelous! People who unsub now will all come back as soon as ships can be bought for PLEX.

#DisbandCSM

8 Likes

Came back to say this.

Nobody asked for interceptor nerf! What problem are you trying to solve here, CCP?
BS going up in price—good! But they’re still mostly useless in nullsec. How about looking into this?
Or making Amarr ships relevant?

Instead, we get this half-baked change (look at CPU, PG, and cap. requirements).

Make no sense. CCP doesn’t play Eve.

2 Likes

If you can’t see people abusing nullified shuttles than you likely don’t understand how the mission running bot empire functions.

Instead of needing to inject into an interceptor they now need 50k isk.

Guaranteed it’s going to be abused heavily.

This entire update is garbage.

1 Like

ok this is one of the worst set of changes ccp has purposed
WCS this will greatly reduce destruction solo hunters will need 4 points scram as there is now an absolute that for 1 low you get a +3 to gtfo where the current is 1 stab per low and you never know truly how some one is fit
it will basically render 1 of the modules for T3 cruisers obsolete as well.
faction war plex farming and escape has just got a massive buff why fight to the death when for 1 low you get a guaranteed escape in a 1 on 1 and you fear less a tackle for gangs as if you have a prop scram web they cant stop you out ranging them exploration now has a new meta fit for lows. no longer will i have to sacrifice all my target range and low slots for a good dice roll at getting through there will now be an absolute changing the risk of industry travel it actually means i will just stop taking those risks .
interceptors and nullification i think the 2 problems they wont solving is fleets coming in from high sec interfering in there game and the fact that interceptors as attack interceptors are too over powered in them selves its about making it safer for the blue donuts in there home areas this has actually an easy fix put a button on the ships like t3 destroyers have to activate nullification and it renders turrets and launchers in operable and when switched off it starts a 10 min reactivation timer for the weapon’s to come on line adding more nullification wont really help the game long term and will reduce overall kills

1 Like

Makes sense legit concern even as a half pveer

Can anyone explain what these changes should fix?

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly! I expect all the programmers and employees at ccp play gankers when they play eve; they certainly like to make ganking easy! If they spent anytime on new player retention, these changes wouldn’t even make the agenda.

3 Likes

Thats the first part of the problem before you even get to the proposed fix no one is spelling out the exact problem that they are fixing in clear defined terms its all blanket mostly meaningless terms that give no insight

3 Likes

Shuttles are 10X more vulnerable to disco camps. Which will become increasingly popular…

My guess (maybe CCP has additional or different reasons) of the issues that these changes should fix:

1. Warp core stabilized Ishtars and Gilas are safely ratting in space and able to off whenever someone tackles them

(The new severe drone penalties to WCS stop that)

1. Nullified Interceptors being used for incredibly safe travel for other purposes than intercepting.

(I personally fly interceptors all the time, for travelling, exploration, hauling, etc. Rarely for intercepting. It’s about time something is done about this.)

1. Shuttles aren’t used for shuttle purposes in areas where bubbles exist

(Nullified shuttles means I’ll finally start using shuttles when I need to shuttle my pod somewhere)

1. More active modules means more ways to be smarter than your enemy by making the right choices while fitting and flying instead of only making the right choices while fitting.
2 Likes

They already nerf everything. It’s been more organized when other players are plexing using isk while other players buy plex with rl money and sell it ingame. CCP dosn’t have a decent roadmap anymore started in 2018.

you may be right about the bot ratting but isnt the fix even easier just add the drone range penalty to the current wcs and problem fixed puting a 60%+ drone range penalty for each module will render kite drone ratting in those ships imposable

1 Like

Stacking penalties is the way to go. These new changes are just bad. It’s not that I am pro warp core stabilizers, it’s rather that the new changes as I understand them simply Lead to unimaginative gameplay. Now hunters have to decide am I going to fit faction stabs, bring a hic, etc, while Players who want to use warp cores have to think do I want a full rack, or do I need low slot utility. Under the new system all this is gone. It’s simply fit one mod, and fit Faction Stabs to counter that mod. The new system means There is little to no thinking involved it’s basically the same fit and gameplay for everyone.

I get that warp core stab are a problem in fw, but this can be fixed with making stacking penalties. Also ccp has picked the wrong penalties to apply when using warp cores. The penalties should be on ability to warp and to align. This way if you fit too many warp cores you run the risk of folk landing in grid and bumping you to keep you from wrapping off.

In short, eve should be about meaningful choices. Changes like this that reduce choice are bad.

LOL Takes time to write a large ranting post. Makes it so unreadable most people will skip over it.

Yes presentation matters.

Why don’t you buy 10.000.000 PLEX in sisi and give yourself a few years of omega? PLEX is like 100 ISK there.

1 Like

These changes could be interesting.

I believe you are over-complicating the nullification module.
Make it a passive module.
It is penalty enough to use up a low slot in a ship build.
But, if you still fill the need to “balance” instead of penalizing scan rez, targeting and drone bandwidth, balance should be achieved by penalizing warp speed. Hurt that and many will think twice before using it. (Hunters would have an opportunity to catch nullified ships.)

I support nullified shuttles. Please do not penalize warp speed here. A shuttle is a penalty all by itself. :grin:

What is the balance reasoning behind why you are penalizing drone bandwidth with these modules? I may be missing it but this seems random. How do drones tie into this?

I am not opposed to making a warp core stabilizer an active module seeing as you have upped its warp core strength.
As WCS will be an active module, penalties (target range/scan rez) should only occur while the module is active.
Because there will be a specific limit to warp core bonus strength (-3) a module can give a ship, there should also be a limit imposed on how many modules can be activated against it. (limit of disrupter/scrambler modules) Maybe 4 to 1?

o7 Fly safe… or dangerous!

1 Like

Seems to fix “problems” I’ve never heard from anyone playing the game. More unneeded and unwanted complexity making the game even more unapproachable for new players IMO.

2 Likes