Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

Why? Shuttles are only good for travelling cant see anyone abusing it as an alpha

how do you like this fact? there is no bubble in high sec.

The only two threats left are 1) the bomber decloaking next to you, and you messing up the warp out, and 2) you get decloaked in a professional gate camp under cooldown. I’m not sure if a smartbomb Proteus can volley an Astero in one run, so I didn’t listen that.

It’s a shame. If this changes go through, you won’t be able to catch instawarp ships with a solo dictor outside gate camps anymore. All this looting Sunesis and other frigs in Pochven will be much safer now. The only way to catch them are super fast lock double scram bombers.

The more I think about this changes, the more it makes clear to me, either the team proposing has 1) never played EvE PvP or 2) are Sunesis, Astero pilots wanting to be safe from cloaky dictors.

There is no f*** reason to give nulli to anything other than (fleet) ceptors and T3C.

3 Likes

I agree with you, my game is to catch industrial ships, the whole alliance cannot kick me out of the gate. But the developers will probably kick me out :slight_smile: The Chinese alliance is happy.

My sabre is sad.

1 Like

I don’t this change is needed.

Also, the Yacht was a gift, no, it should be an exception.

1 Like

After Blackout, right?

@Brisc_Rubal (and all other CSM) I asked you a year ago, that a database with EvE play styles would be very helpful to CCP.

Every time a change is proposed it could be checked against this list and give also devs, who have no expertise in all parts of EvE a chance to judge what mess their ideas may cause.

Also create a conduct, that a change must not net remove playstyles for no reason.

You dismissed that idea back then, what do you think now about?

Not in my opinion.

Blackout should have been the case from day 1. The problem with it was trying to introduce it at a time when nullsec PVE has become so risk averse.

This change is just objectively bad.

Adding Nullification module to every T2 cloaky ship and T1/faction frigates is the going to make the biggest cancer in the game.

Also, because this item is going to the low slot, it won’t worth to fly interceptors cause a fuckin T1 or faction frigate will be a way better option then a ceptor.

1 Like

Me and my son shares our thoughts and news about the games we are playing. We are playing in different games. His games are quite popular around the world and he is constantly excited about new cool implemented features. From the opposite side - I’m playing EVE. Tomorrow we will have quite a lot of time talking and sharing our news. He will definitely tell me a lot about new cool entertaining features which gives a lot of fun to his life during quarantine. I will… well… I will tell him that had cancelled all the subs, cause I see no future atm in the game, cause 95% of features is nerfs and instead of excitement related to the any updated I became just scare them a lot everytime now.

7 Likes

If CCP nerfs nullified interceptors, then how will fleets manage scouting? With scouting-groups of 10: 2 active, and 8 cloked on CD? Interceptor-Relay-Game with fleets moving forward slow as F¤%#? Oh yeah; frigate-fleets etc migh be able to click the module & warp out of the bubbles. The new CD-Cloaked-Up Cat-&-Mouse-Game is on… - World of Warcraft-PvP in space? Seriously??

These are also a way to cope with the most boring feature in the game; long-distance travelling. That this boredom will be greatly boosted is F#¤"%¤# obvious.
Fitted to insta-warp, they can fit a cloak but little else. These ships contribute greatly in CREATING CONTENT, which is what we all want. So, you´re not only nerfing those ships here…

Nullified shuttles will be smartbombed easily, wheras a tank-fitted instawarping interceptor might survive as of now (especially if bouncing). If these changes are implemented, nullified interceptors will simply be yet another frigate. Mostly so.

Who wants to deploy T3-cruisers if CCP nerfs the nullification-subsystem?
One thing CCP now should do regardless of this is to REMOVE skillpoint-penalty on T3s when killed!! Yea, do that for us. Its about time… c´mon CCP…

CCP: You should take caution not to implement changes that makes this game unneccessary tidious, boring, meaningless, and complicated to play. Or, is it really the case -as I firmly believe it is- that you want to encourage us all to go stay in Highsec and live a happier Farmville-like life there?

My vote on nerfing nullification on interceptors & T3-subsystems; NO
As for the other ships involved; Yea… giv´em new toys to play with if that makes more players happy.

2 Likes

Great comment from reddit:
" So let me get this right… If I want to go hunting ratters in nullsec:

• I need to sacrifice a slot on my inty for a nullification module. As pointed out I would need a spare 46 CPU to pull this off. Which is 24.53% of the total CPU on a Malediction. Good luck fitting that and everything else you need.
  • Assuming I can fit it, when I jump in and want to warp to the next gate I hit the nullification module so I won’t get caught in a drag bubble.
  • Then I jump in to the next system and it has 40 bubbles on the gate and I can’t warp out of them because the module has a 75 SECOND cooldown after the 50% bonus on an inty. And remember the cooldown should start AFTER the 24 second activation which means you get to activate once every 99 seconds.
  • Then do it all over again on the next gate
  • Oh! And when I do land on a ratter I have to deal with a target range and scan resolution penalty! Toss in the 150GJ activation cost (45.05% of the total cap pool of a Malediction) and I am struggling for cap when I land. It was already hard to tackle miners/ratters/bots before. Now I have to deal with even more nerfs!

I don’t even know where to start… This has got to be the dumbest change in a LONG time. Hunters are nerfed. Bots and ratters can just rage cage a gate with 40 bubbles jump after jump to stop anyone from reaching them.

(…)."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/naqx9g/nullification_and_wcs_updates_testing_has_begun/gxv3oz5/?context=3

8 Likes

To continue with points of feedback about the current implementation of this update:
(Mind, I do like the general idea of active nullification and WCS modules!)

5. Nullification module is a low slot item - this is good, keep it like that!
I see people suggesting to make the interdiction nullification module a high slot item. I don’t agree.

I think this module is perfectly suited as a low slot item like it is now:

• The nullification module, if it were added to the high slot, would be impossible to fit on many ships that are getting access to it - blockade runners, Astero, Helios for example only have 2 high slots which are already filled with cloak + probe launcher. Any of these ships can make a choice between faster align, defences or more cargohold vs nullification, but if nullification is a high slot item, it will cause problems.
  • The nullification module is a propulsion upgrade and competes with other propulsion upgrades like warp core stabilizers, intertial stabilizers, overdrive and warp speed modules. That category of modules is all low slot so it makes perfect sense for the nullification module to be a low slot item too.
  • The nullification module is a defensive module like the warp core stabilizers, in many fits in which people previously used multiple warp core stabilizer modules, there will be holes in the low slots of their industrial fits due to a maximum of 1 WCS. Low slots are therefore a perfect place for the nullification module.

And two things for CCP:

• I hope that there will be an extra low slot to the T3C nullification subsystems to compensate loss of the low slot
  • I hope that the currently nullified Interceptors gain slightly better agility to compensate loss of an Inertial stabilizer in the low slots

more time for the bots to dock up safely, mission accomplished

I just don’t get it. I guess rewarding active gameplay is good. However this is only one side of the coin. The party’s being targeted. Nothing changes for the party doing the interception/interdiction.

So from the perspective of the intercepted party:

1. You are already actively in combat, when your are intercepted. Nothing changes here, same methods still work as they already did, but you overwhelmingly punish the defending party, as beside giving up a slot for any of these modules is already a penalty, you could use for being more efficient in the primary activity: combat. But now you have to face additional penalties.

2. You are passively traveling: autopilot. You could be taken down without any kind of warp interference already, none of these changes will have an effect. You were stupid already, and ship bonuses didn’t help that anyways.

3. You were actively travelling. You were already active in the role, no excuse needed to make it active gameplay. Also you came prepared, because you have selected the appropiate ship for giving the best chance in your success. You did active gameplay preparing for it.

Other topic:

All of the other changes would be fine if this last change would also apply to covert ops cloak. Maybe add that cloaked could be found by combat scanner probes or something, but being harder to find. So you would be able to find a stationary cloaked ship with afk pilot, but hard to do it in time for someone trying to evade a bubble while cloaked. The scan results could give you a point to approach to decloak the ship.

Also please fnally make it possible to reload turrets and launchers while cloaked. It happens entirely inside the ship, and makes no sense logically, why not. I understand that armor repairs, shield boosters alter the outside of the ship, therefore breaking the cloak, but reloading does not.

So the debate on whether this is a good change is going to be ongoing, but I have a couple of important questions that effect implementation:

Have the the pre-warp checks to see whether you’re going to get bubbled along the path take into account whether your nullification is still active at the point you intersect a bubble

As the active and cooldown timers effected by TIDI

After some thought here is the list how to make things balanced IMO:

1. Fleet ceptors and T3C sub get 100% penalty reduction bonus on all penalties
  2. Duration bonus is useless, replace with 50% capacitor need reduction bonus (alternative fitting bonus)
  3. T3C sub gets an extra low slot
  4. No nulli on T1 and faction ships … ever
2 Likes

So. @CCP_Dopamine

With all this negative feedback about the nullified Warp changes and the fact nobody has asked for this change. Will you be leaving the system the way it is… Passive traits

Because of the percentage of players who don’t like is is huge.

wtf are you talking about the majority of the player base is supporting the changes ,we also support scarcity and industry changes .Make eve great again thumps up for the dev team WE SUPPORT YOU 100%

1 Like

Likely an oversight currently, just like how DST’s only gain 1 point from WCS, they have numerous bugs to find and fix