Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

For me it has been a standard for a long time.
-6 points, nobody leaves, not even Ishtar.

More worrisome is that the stationary camps are no longer working. Sabra is a useless ship in the camp.

1 Like

Additionally, I would like to re-iterate that these poverty patches make it difficult to pvp. Intermediate ships are priced much higher and the average player is priced out of battleship combat which use to be mid tier combat. This is not good for the game… Finally, to viably traverse nullsec, in a non bounused or even bonusesD nullified ship, you need perches at literally every single freaking null gate. That is an insane ask. You want to make the game more friendly for new players, but you consistently add crap like this to allow noobs to get instablapped with overly complicated mechanics. The shuttle is extremely vulnerable to smartbombs so smartbomb camps will be a huge thing. That is obvious. Is that really what the game needs. I understand pvp creates interest in new players but this change creates every incentive to have massive disco camps. Getting killed like that is never fun. You also literally can’t get behind enemy lines anymore. Goons were already discoing interceptors with Titans in the golden era. You think this wont be a thing. Shuttles are made of paper… I think they die to like 2 smartbombs. Finally, this is a huge quality of life nerf as the shuttle literally cant carry anything and once again is made of paper… Wormholers or Pochveners who need to grab a couple of items from jita loose that ability to just grab a few and go. This sounds like, oh just pvp bro. But people will stop logging in to play or they wont get those items. Living in a wh is already hard. There is a bug logistic burden. Making that burden more difficult by not allowing people to fly a ceptor nullified to pick stuff up is a quality of life nerf to an already hard life. Finally, multiple system bubble camps willbe cancer. This whole change is cancer…

6 Likes

So many better things you could be updating instead.

4 Likes

Like actually adding some content to pochven?

I dont see why nullification should go over say strengthening bubbles, and by that I mean some form of AOE effect that ‘nullified’ ships make whilst in bubbles making the interdiction effects more effective with each additional ship.

IE: One or two nullified ships… no problem (true or false)
More than one or two…each additional ship has a % chance of getting caught.
More than ten… get rekt nullified ships…

Again I feel I should reiterate; the issue is not with the ship, its with the quantity of players in them at any one time in the same fleet.

STOP NERFING SHIPS FOR SOLO AND SMALL GANG PLAYERS BECAUSE YOU FEEL THE SHIP IS AN ISSUE IN LARGE NUMBERS; REMEMBER… correlation isn’t always causation…

1 Like

It’s time to stop CCP. You’re not helping, you’re not fixing, you are breaking balance. It’s all you’ve done since fozzie sov and you’ve only accelerated how bad you break the game since the trigs. Just stop.

2 Likes

Big bloc CSMs using CCP desperation for new players to attack mid to small scale camping groups the last thorn keeping the ecosystem alive.

1 Like

As a new player, non hardcore pvp, this terrorize. If my memory doesn’t fail me until a couple of weeks CCP had interceptors expert systems.

New players have low situational awareness and low reflexes. New pilots like exploring and they easily panic the moment some one gank them, to they think the will have time for D-SCAN, keep the WCS button and be ready to warp away the moment some one land on grid.

New players naturally start with PVE because there is consistency in it and a natural progression.
New players get really upset they lost ships ( I remember got really upset and sad when I loose my probes).

How this helps new players

2 Likes

For new players, there are high-sec and low-sec systems. the bubble does not work there.

Then let all systems be zero sectors.

Seems CCP are just like a chief who does’nt taste the food he cooked. They don’t fully understand a game that they don’t play.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t and opinion about nullification. I simply don’t have enough experience to give a. Opinion. But I do have experience regarding WCS and how that will affect the gameplay

the sooner this goes live the better

Everything is simple in this game, the more risks, the more earnings. If you don’t want to scratch, then you need to live in high sec.

Paragraphs. Learn to organize them.

1 Like

I already do it. I dont mind. I recognize the danger to go to lowsec, even though hs have also lots of danger.

What CCP needs to ■■■■ WCS, I am too safe in HS.

Sorry my english is not very good.

I meant to say , Am I really too safe in HS , to have the need to ■■■■ with WCS? Really ?

Wow, seems I am latte to this party!

Some interesting points made here (among the REEE), and some real issues brought to the fore.

Let me try and summarise my concerns here.

WCS

Get where this is coming from. I think, as others have said, adding more variability in the bonus is key for haulers etc, +4 from a rare mod type makes sense and addresses those concerns.

Nullification

In general, making this a high slot mod seems the right way to go!

Ceptors

Give ceptors a hefty reduction in drawbacks on scan res and lock range. As currently set out, they will be incredibly vulnerable. This is a huge problem in small gang where you have at best a couple of ceptors, often that are being multiboxed.

Also, I think it makes sense to have fitting the module reduce ceptor weapon hardpoints to zero - gives a solid trade, and removes the ceptor swarm meta that is pretty oppressive.

T3Cs

For these, I think it would be nice for the nullification subsystem to act as the module - fitting is already very tight to make em effective, fitting a subsystem that allows you to fit a module just seems… Odd.

For the Proteus, make it’s drone subsystem remove the penalty (or give enough of a bandwidth boost to counter it)

Others

Could lead to some interesting developments. Nullified bombers could be a nightmare, but then so are bubble wrapped bash fleets (depending on your viewpoint).

Overall, not sure this is a proportionate response to the issue but there you go. Travel ceptors being “risk free” might be a thing, but it’s hardly game-breaking. Lots of yummy BP drops incoming I guess! Glad I set up my fast travel system using Asteros (and balls). Nerf incoming? Probably!

And as a more general message: folks, please leave off the personal attacks and general denigration of Devs/players/etc. Unpopular opinion I’m sure, but everyone working on this stuff is, I am confident, doing so with the best intentions. So, let’s try and keep disagreements civil and criticism constructive, yeah?

1 Like

Where is your facts that highsec is low risk.

Players can’t be dumb in HS but in null sov, players can be dumb and still earn isk.

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH THESE STAB CHANGES IS THAT THEY WERE DEVELOPED IN A VACUUM WITH ONLY NULL SEC INPUT. NO HOLISTIC THINKING WAS CONSIDERED. THESE CHANGES ARE ON TOP OF THE POVERTY PATCHES AND THE INDY CHANGES. The INDY CHANGES FORCE INDUSTRIALISTS PVEERS INTO LOW SEC . THESE STAB NERFS MAKE IT SO INDUSTRIALISTS WHO ALREADY HAVE AN INCREASED WORKLOAD ARE FODDER FOR PVPERS. EVERYONE WILL FIT DUAL SCRAM BECAUSE THERE IS NO COUNTERPLAY. AS A RESULT INDUSTRIALISTS WILL NOT TAKE RISK MOVING MATERIALS LOW SEC WILL REMAIN STAGNANT AND PRICES FOR SHIPS WILL REMAIN SKY HIGH… low sec IS STAGNANT BECAUSE SNUFF KILLS EVERYTHING IN SIGHT AND OVERFISHES. A stab ia worthless if one simple fit costing very LOW ISK, and that is they key difference, i am a partial pvper. I can get a corax that costs 9 mil to lock down any industrialist with no counter play. Before you say a hic could do the same thing it is beefier and much more expensive. Industrialists did not want to b forced to low sec to make basic battleships but ccp effectively forced tgem making them cannon fodder for snuff… now they take away the defenive instruments. IT IS CLEAR CCP IS LEAS BY HILMAR AND HIS OVER THE TOP DYSTOPIAN FANTASIES THAT ARE ANATHEMA TO THE HEALTH AND ECONOMY OF THE GAME. STABS AREADY RENDERED A SHIP COMBAT INEFFECTIVE. THEY WERE NEVER OP. Pvpers are spoiled and think catching defenseless miners is thier birthright under HILMARS DYSTOPIAN FANTASY RULES. These changes are garbage…

3 Likes