Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

With the long list of ships that can fit the new module, I am surprised to see that the expedition frigates won’t be able to.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was just getting the itch to play again, and seeing the CCP is still basing everything in the game around the big blob bloc’s makes the decision not to play much easier.

How about some content and changes designed to hurt that blue monolith that is stagnating the game?

6 Likes

I expect things to go as announced or the announcements being changed if the original announcement is being adjusted. The topics for 19.03 and 19.02 did not explode with posts and these topic are still in Slow Mode, months after publication and despite the topics stating it’s only for a week.

You should really consider dropping the coolaid. It’s clouding your judgment.

@CCP_Dopamine This topic is still in Slow Mode. :slight_smile:

Says the person claiming they don’t know how to untick an option, those threads were just likely forgotten, and removing slow mode on them is entirely redundant at this point

19.03 was the most current topic for feedback until 10 days ago, and 10 days ago the removal of SM was overdue by weeks. Drop your coolaid already. You are making a fool of yourself with the groveling.

1 Like

for some reason i still can use singularity server :frowning:

I don’t think you understand what the word groveling actually means lol

I don’t benefit from pointing out the likely reasons for slow mode still being enabled on a thread, and you talk to me about coolaid when you’re trying to claim they somehow don’t know how to untick an option in basic forum software, you honestly think its more likely that they don’t know how to do it rather than they likely just forgot to do it and that this thread is active enough that turning it off would create far too much spam for them to read through

Guess you never heard of Occam’s Razor

Amazing how CCP keeps comming up with ever new ways to reduce player agency and counter play options to increase losses and PLEX sales.

Most t3 hunters are already shitty fits, now missing another low slot - easy ganks

3 Likes

I’ve been playing EVE Online off and on for 14 years. I’ve spent more money on EVE than any other game by a VERY wide margin (on over 30 accounts). I was literately seconds away from dropping another $410 on PLEX when the launcher announcement of this change caught my eye.

It took me more than a decade to take the plunge into Nullsec, and now these changes threaten to cause my permanent retreat…from EVE.

As personally painful as the loss of those sunken costs will be, CCP needlessly making travel in and out of Nullsec more painful and convoluted will ruin this game, making any further investment, of time or money, a true waste.

9 Likes

Are the WCS gonna be tiericided? compact and restrained versions? Gotta catch it before it gets lost to time…The Neverending Story • Theme Song • Limahl - YouTube

@CCP_Paradox

Rubbish. If you get stranded somewhere, a wormhole may be your only option. Indeed, you may even live in a wormhole, and a connection may close or get rolled behind you. A probe launcher is a necessity on BRs and DSTs if you’re going outside of empire space.

Having said that, as a member of Signal Cartel, I suppose it would be nice for us to have lots more people to rescue for being silly enough to follow your advice.

2 Likes

Can confirm. One of my favorite memories of living in j-space was my corp’s mining group getting stuck next door when the wormhole time got recorded wrong. I had the miners logout and scanned down a route through down-scaling wormholes from that C5 to a C3 to a C2 to highsec, moving the miners into each lower hole and re-logging them while I sat cloaked and probed in my Mastodon.

Then refit on a depot. When I go into a wormhole, I have refits in my cargo. My advice doesn’t get you stranded anywhere.

Having WCS reduce drone bandwidth is dumb. Miners sometimes use these to be safe while mining and this would decrease their drone defense. also you can only fit one. so a faction scram will always beat out any WCS’ed ship

6 Likes

The T3 cruiser nullification sub components are needing an additional low slot to compensate the downsides.
That both modules are now active is okay in my opinion.
For me the new WCS and nullification are obviously weaker and making the ship weaker than before. especially when you are focusing on drones which is very bad.
That you have now the opportunity to fit nullification modules on all ships with a disadvantage is nice.
All in all this changes are very very bad in my opinion.

With a limit of 1 WCS, there should be a mirroring limit of 1 Scram/Dis

We (the CSM) are working on that one, trying to get CCP to pull the plug on sp loss.

m

4 Likes

Yes and no

Remember someone has to read all these posts, you don’t need to post multiple times to get your own point across, so someone responding 12 times with the same response in 20 minutes isn’t adding to anything so is entirely redundant and the reason slow mode exists, it also allows ISD to better keep on top of pointless off-topic posts aswell if there are any

So there are numerous reasons you would want slow mode

Your math is wrong, faction scrams top out at 3 points and you need to exceed the core strength of a ship to stop it warping so you will need 4 points

Just get them to pull the plug on the entire nullification change, thats how you earn votes to stay on the CSM

1 Like

The WCS is pretty much balanced out by its penalties. The real balance should be 1 WCS against 1 point/scram. If you have WCS you should always win against 1 attacker. Thats the only balance needed.

3 Likes

Cloaking devices are next.