Nullified pod

As for a wormhole dweller you seem to be incredibly carebear and risk-awerse.
Nullified pods?
Good for the economy?

0/10

Relevant:

https://www.google.at/search?q=youtube+eve+online+pipebomb&oq=youtube+eve+online+pipebomb&aqs=chrome..69i57.6859j0j4&client=tablet-android-lenovo&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

:smiley:

2 Likes

Good idea!

1 Like

Nullified pods already exist, they’re called interceptors. Buy one.

Be fair, though. There used to be a risk/cost to having millions upon millions of skillpoints, too. CCP removed that, probably because it was discouraging people from taking the risk. Only CCP knows for sure whether that worked as intended (or what they were truly intending).

Microjump drives are another thing that mitigate risk of loss. The Venture, with +2 warp strength, cost efficiency, and speed. The nullification of Interceptors. Jump drives. Warping while cloaked, etc., etc., etc.

Plenty of high value capsules are destroyed in low sec, where there are no magical space bubbles to prevent a capsule from warping out. The most dangerous place for a capsule in EVE might be the Jita stargate in Perimeter. CONCORD be damned.

It’s counter-intuitive, but with a higher chance of success, there might come a higher participation rate, and maybe even more implants being destroyed in total, just like how a lower tax rate can lead to higher tax receipts overall.

1 Like

Learn 2 insta-lock. My alt just one-shotted one of those this morning. The 2 warp core stabs he had fitted didn’t help him much.

My point is there is a counter to all that. Insta-locking is a thing.

The Venture only has 1 low slot. Try again?

It also has a role bonus of ‘2+ bonus to ship warp core strength’. Try again?

Well I defiantly made the wrong point with implants.

What really bothers me is the free KM given with a bubble. If some one has an insta lock fit, fair enough, or I don’t warp off quick enough fair enough. But a free KM just cos a bubble was used bugs me for some reason.

We use bubbles and kill pods in bubbles, and I am not bothered about losing isk I think it’s just the fact that unless luck is with you there is nothing you can do in a pod.

1 Like

But if you’re in an empty clone (because you’re in nullsec), then who cares? It costs nothing to lose.

If you’re in lowsec and have an expensive clone, then don’t warp straight gate-to-gate. Treat lowsec like nullsec and warp to tacticals, or celestials first. Then you are not likely to be smartbombed.

Yes good advice, and I don’t think having nullified pods travelling around everywhere a good idea, I had different situations in mind.
If I loose a pod in our home system for example I end up in amarr so have I have to find my way back, so normally not enough time to re-ship, depending on connections.

Maybe a 5 second nullification timer after your ship is destroyed would be nice

So your ego is hurt about how someone gets some fake, worthless symbol of an purely imaginary social status no one with a shred of maturity actually cares about?

Seriously??

“fitted”

To answer your question: the person in the interdictor, podkilling defenseless capsules cares. Maybe there are other people who care, too. And, what if you can’t get into an empty clone? Should you just avoid nullsec entirely until you can?

The sabre/hic pilot deserves to be on km too maybe? With trigger-happy fast tackle on grid the bubbler (who enabled the kill in the first place) would not be on most of the kills.

And yes you can’t do much in a bubbled pod, but it’s sometimes a tactical decision to leave bubbled pods alive. Near to enemy home system for example.

/thread

Woosh. Went over the head. Who cares about the loss. It costs nothing.

As for the second bit. That’s what interceptors are for. If you can spend tens to hundreds of millions on an expensive clone, then spend 30-40 million on an interceptor.

But if you are worried about losing a pod, then yes get out of null/wormholes. You don’t belong there.

This game doesn’t need to be made endlessly easier to play, just to appease the lazy and scared.

2 Likes

How righteous of you, declaring other people victims who need to be protected.

1 Like

I JUST answered this question.

But I can’t haul, mine, scan, fleet boost, etc. in an interceptor. So, the true significance of your suggestion is this:

The point is that MAYBE the game mechanics in question are contributing to null security space being mostly empty. If that’s how you like it, rock on.

For showing up?

The dictor pilot didnt lose anything. What loss is it that he is caring about when he had none?

As for the other parts, that’s why you use an empty clone in null. This isn’t hard to understand.

If you have to be in an expensive clone it’s because you have enough ISK not to worry about the loss (first rule of EVE) or because you ■■■■■■ up.

If you can’t handle loss, get out of null or don’t fly with implants.

EVE isn’t a game for pussies and it doesn’t need to be turned into one.

Additionally, null isn’t nearly empty. There’s plenty of activity and more loss due to player interaction than anywhere else in the game. However a good way to make it more empty is to take it away from its core values. Carebears are always trying.