Nullified pod

And he doesn’t gain anything from podkilling, so who cares, right? It’s just pixels. It’s not like a podkill actually matters, eh? In fact, maybe capsules should just be invulnerable, since podkillls are so meaningless.

I think we’re in agreement, here. :smiley:

If pods were interdiction nullified, how would you pod the inhabitants out of a wormhole during a fight so that they can’t warp to their citadel and reship?

This is all taking place within 5km of a b274, of course.

Very carebearish attitude. Nullsec is definitely too tough for you. I recommend never going there again. Problem solved.

As for the dictor pilot, if he’s having fun, he gains plenty.

I both haul and scan in an interceptor very regularly.

1 Like

And bubbling. Bubbles aren’t free! Well in a hictor they’re free, but then the hictor is stuck unable to warp for a cycle taking a large risk, unlike a dictor that can burn out of its bubble in 5 secs or so. Bubblers are people too! Otherwise I’ll just drop my bubble and let that capital get away next time I see you showing up on grid!

1 Like

For some people fun != kill mails. Fun = totally ruining someone’s day. Killing a high value pod does that. Even if the ISK loss can be written off, usually it’s a PITA to have to go buy all those implants again…

Yeah, I’ve lost many myself, but that’s EVE. We don’t need to make the game easier for people just because their feelings will be hurt if they die.

It’s a full time pvp in a sandbox environment.

If people aren’t prepared to lose stuff, then they shouldn’t use it. Making pods nullified is just a dumb “make the game easier” idea.

If a dictor pilot doesn’t find killmails fun, that’s no problem. There’s lots of other fun in the game, especially in nullsec, other than collecting killmails; and neither does it have to be about ruining someone else’s day, though there’s nothing wrong with either of those goals in EVE if that’s what people want to do.

1 Like

I don’t HAVE a problem. What problem is it you think avoiding null security space would solve?

You seem to have a very 1-sided view of the issue, in that as long as the interdictor pilot is having a good time, the game mechanic is good. It’s so 1-sided, in fact, that I almost want to refer to it as pathological behavior.

I’m not arguing for nullified pods. I don’t check which clone I’m in before I enter unsecure space and if I’m caught in a bubble in my capsule, I just try to remember to pull out my +4’s and flip the bastard off before boarding the Pod Express back to Jita.

I’m just trying to shoot down some of the stupid arguments against a nullified pod or some such thing. One stupid argument I keep seeing is that “It’s just pixels.” If it’s just pixels, then there is no significance to changing the system versus leaving it as is. Either way, after all, it’s JUST pixels. Another stupid argument is that interdictor pilots are somehow entitled to kill capsules, because ::fun:: or ::risk:: or something. No one is entitled to have fun, certainly not at the expense of others, and why should the game needlessly impose risk onto certain classes of players? Still another stupid argument I’m seeing is that pod killing is “necessary”. This argument doesn’t make any sense because SO MANY capsules are destroyed in empire space where there are no bubbles. Even if pod killing is necessary, what do bubbles have to do with that?

But is it necessary to kill capsules? If it is necessary, maybe that’s YOUR problem, not ours, and not CCPs.

Cool story, bro.

You’ve been certainly crying about it enough to appear like you have a problem. One might almost say, it’s pathological.

And just as I did there, you can refer to it any way you like. Doesn’t make it any more correct just because someone else’s view is referred to a certain way.

And yes, I’ll always take a position that the game doesn’t need to be made easier (more intuitive yes, easier no). That’s no more or less one sided than other views, including yours.

As for only caring if the interdictor pilot is having fun, that’s just a completely incorrect reading of my view. There was a claim that no one gets anything out of it, which just isn’t true.

And whatever stupid arguments you think your shooting down, you should take a look at your own with a critical eye. They aren’t very good and not all even correct either (eg. Reason CCP removed clone levels).

2 Likes

And who made that claim?

My error there. You claimed, the dictor pilot cared about the loss he never had, which made no logical sense at all.

It would lead to less implant destruction, and hence more supply as well as less demand.

I don’t send 1 ship to null at a time to pvp with, I send a bunch, if i had a set of implants exposed to pvp risk, I’d ship myself a few sets.

I guess this question got ignored, because it hits the nail on the head.

No, and the answer to the question is “no”, but here is another one of you trying to have your cake and eat it, too. Either you can claim pod kills are meaningless, imaginary, immature status indicators OR you can claim that capsules should stay as they are. You can’t make both assertions simultaneously. They are incoherent.

Do pod kills matter or do pod kills not matter? Pick one.

1 Like

The loss of a pod should mean nothing to the person that loses it (the very first point made by CCP: 8 Golden Rules for EVE Online)

Gaining a kill (pod or otherwise) can mean whatever it wants to the person that kills it.

They don’t have to be the same thing. It’s irrational to insist they are.

So, the “loser” SHOULD feel nothing, but the “winner” can feel whatever they want.
Do you see the problem with that stance?

And, no one was insisting the “loser” and the “winner” should have the exact same experience. I certainly wasn’t.

No. This is EVE.

Loss should mean nothing.

1 Like