Nullsec Alliance Cowardice Ladder

Great post dude, seriously.

Regarding the last portion of your post - so true. Such a difference between then and now. That mentality seems to permeate most if not all of “modern” culture.

I’ll send a message in game with a suggestion for another alliance I’d love to hear your opinion on

Idk - i would argue the apparent neck beard characteristics are more easily attributed to other forum users than OP

Most wholesome interaction in this thread.

I wasn’t thinking neckbeard as it’s too stereotypical for my taste. The emphasis was rather on gross exaggerations and a beef she seems to have with every lettered generation and also throwing around the word *coward" is if she ran up Omaha Beach June 6 1944. And applying it to All Nullsec because she can’t have her little one-man-vs-all war.
Even Rambo couldn’t take on a Nullsec army by himself.

I personally would like to see midsec - 0.5-0.7 (or 0.8) status systems that only have faction police intervention toward criminal aggressors.

It would have to be tweaked a bit though

I mean, the post IS in the context of Eve online… nobody is talking about medal of honor recipients in real life type cowardice.

Though I think one could make the argument there MAY be a some correlation between Eve online behavior and real life behavior in that regard…

Further - it of course is impossible to defeat a massive nullsec coalition as one pilot. All one could do is be a nuisance. Turns out, that’s enough of a “defeat” for the blocs to deem it unfair.

Idk, i find the premise of paying off the law, particularly CONCORD, in order to freely engage arbitrary opponents to be fundamentally flawed, and very silly. High sec should be pretty much perfectly safe aside from ganking. Mid sec should exist with a much softer law enforcement organization running protection (outside of players), and the other parts of space are fine.

1 Like

Bribing the police to look the other way doesn’t just exist in computer games and dystopian novels.

2 Likes

More than “may” I would say. I mean the characters are played by real players, even the ones that are party to multiboxing space operations.
We can seperate EVE from reality only so far before the lines blur. The satisfaction of blowing up a clone out into space isn’t felt by the character but by the person playing it and CONCORD attacks when it attacks because real people decided when and where. The fantasy is always dependent on the the real world.

Have they voiced their opinion on it ? Would the blocs pressure a CSM against one guy who attacks them? I haven’t read any cowardice in the descriptions she gave so far, only smart play.
I doubt that a gang of warriors armed to the teeth who ignore some single ill-equipped out-of-his-mind squire who “dares” defy them would be considered cowards… more like merciful.

Rules of engagement aren’t silly. Even a Sanbox game has to have some rules or why can’t the Null blocs invade Hisec, take it over ? They could also take Jita, Rens, Dodixie, Hek… and rule New Eden as the Intergalactic Monetary Fund? Talk about salt then.
CCP decided to have CONCORD as a sort of Security Council for New Eden. It’s worked out well for two decades. Has anyone come up with a better alternative to CONCORD?

It is.

Does Professor @Phaade have any evidence of this relationship between EVE and real life?

1 Like

I think you need to come back to reality, then go outside and touch some grass.

She’s been conspicuously absent from the game for a number of weeks.

What some call ‘cowardice’, others might simply call common sense. I mean, its not ‘cowardly’ to not jump into Jita in a corvette containing 30bn worth of implants. Everything in Eve is risk vs reward. Any risk has to be worth it, in terms of whatever gain or pleasure is obtained. Nobody ( other than a rare few ) enjoys losing stuff or ISK.

And I really don’t think anyone is going around Eve looking for the mythical ‘fair fight’. No…I want the fight to be as unfair ( in my advantage ) as possible. If the opponent wants a fair fight, they should undock in a better ship.

I just weigh everything up. Sometimes one makes the wrong call…but it’s more a case of ‘what’s in this for me ?’ than a case of backing out from ‘cowardice’.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, but it wouldn’t be available to all capsuleers for what would amount to pennies.

Anecdotal, obviously.

But i think there would be a correlation between say your average marine or army infantry guy versus the guy who is so petrified of losing a t1 cruiser that they are unwilling to even undock it unless it’s 10 vs 1.

Just saying

Yeah i don’t agree.

I am always looking for fair fights and so are many others. Because they are fun

There are far more, however, who fly the same as you. And frankly, we generally view that as cowardice. Because fundamentally it is, even if you won’t admit it.

1 Like

Who is „we“.

Most people I know who look for 1v1s or specific kinds of conflict don’t have this self righteous mindset about it.

1 Like

But unless you have a ship scanner you actually have no idea how ‘fair’ any fight is going to be. I have Alpha noobs flying round in 400 DPS Praxis with T1 weapons. I also have chars who can fly 1300 DPS Praxis with T2 lasers and drones and far greater range. Without a scanner you have no idea which one you are meeting.

1 Like

So what? 1v1 is good enough, unfortunately it is also increasingly rare

It is what it is.

The ball draggers are built a little differently :wink:

The same as „miners“? They’re pretty big into „some PvP are only for cowards“ too.