Of small shield boosters

Did someone say endogenous retrovirus? Because we could totally make the topic about those now; I’m game.

FFS CCP buff t2 small reppers already

Why the hell does it take so long for this ■■■■ to happen? It’s literally an entry in a file.

1 Like

because some shithead decided they should rep at the end of a cycle, while shield boosters repair at start.
Id ask why but i dont want this toon to be permabanned on forums again :slight_smile:

I am totally fine with armor reps behaving different than shield boosters but the fact remains that small shield boosters were made obsolete when gun grouping came to EVE.

Since not many objected to my proposal, I assume that 10hp per cycle won’t kill EVE or the meta.

wot m8

2 Likes

So being a Caldari pilot, and running both pve and pvp… I believe there is a place for SSB’s… even if it’s only a select few of them…

First let’s remember that not everyone has trained up their core skills, so sometimes it comes down to not having the power grid or cpu to fit a medium booster on a frigate. Therefore, having small boosters gives pilots options.

Second, a small dead space booster like a Pithi A-type can be amazing on the right ship… I know that dead space modules aren’t for everyone, but they can be great if you’re willing to spend the isk. For example… I can fit a hawk to repair over 300 dps with a Pithi a-type small booster, but the medium booster takes me out of the cap stable zone as well as forces me to downgrade other T2 modules to meta 4’s to get them to fit… Are they for everyone or every frigate, certainly not… but they aren’t totally useless either.

3 Likes

Shhhhushhh…

This types of responses are also what makes EVE awesome. Thanks for all the clarifications!

1 Like

Keep him going. I want to read another funny venereal disease metaphor.

For the price of a Pithi A-type I could buy almost 200 T1 frigates.

2 Likes

@Oreb_Wing, not that. He wasn’t supposed to say Hawk and Pithii A-type in one sentence.

why not just use a small asb or suggest an increase for the amount of charges that fit in it

Because this is about small shield boosters and not asbs.

Yet, they do exactly what it is that you want. 50+ shield boost.

Aaaand if you look at the 5 trillion giga joules of energy they require, I am saying no.

Small shield boosters need love, not gimmick.

ASBs had their capacity nerfed some time after release because they were providing repping power for too long.

ASBs aren’t strictly balanced or unbalanced I think the problem is having 4 sizes of them is totally redundant.

1 Like

Nah, I’ve seen them all used, with exception to small asb’s. I don’t see those very often. Maybe we will now, will conjunction with the ADC on af’s

Anecdotes aren’t helpful.

Devs will be able to analyse trends over a long period of time regarding which reppers get used the most. It’s kind of like the oversized prop mod question - how many problems do these things create vs how much value do they create?

Do battleships really need XL boosters? Should battlecruisers be able to fit them? In WorldofWarships we see complaints about ‘superheals’ all the time and how they print free ships each time they’re used. Should XL boosters take 1k pg each as you’d feasibly expect of a battleship module?

The devs have been ignoring this complex issue for such a long time with the fallacious argument of not broke don’t fix, well maybe shield boosters are broken, some are awful some are too good and many are too easy to fit.

1 Like

@Oreb_Wing, this is nothing against you but please make a thread about small prototype ancillary everything boosters or minmatar cannot win.

Can we get back to small shield boosters now?

Look at them this way:

An alpha noob fits his Merlin with the meta 4 small shield booster and meets not a noob omega flying a Punisher in a novice complex.
Now that Omega pilot uses small focused beams, which do about 200hp alpha and every 2 seconds or so after that.
The meta 4 small shield booster cycles every 2 seconds, repairing 35hp of shield.

The Merlin will explode long before the Punisher will have lost much of her shields.

Mostly because of the “slight” minmatar favoritism, air conditions need one turret mount and one cpu, so if a sleipnir doing 1000dps with 2x xl-ancillary minmatar shield boosters on, why shouldn’t the Ferox be able to fit 2 of those too??

Is much balanced and stuff.