Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Since memberstates are being discussed, as well as the ascension process…

I’d like to see someone actually sell me on the positives of undergoing the process, and how they outweigh the negatives, from two separate perspectives.

Firstly, from the perspective of a colonial director of a thriving, and well funded colonial setup and its adjacent infrastructures, such as that which I run in Eugales… What benefits of uplift and Ascension would be gained other than representation in GalFed affairs and voting/electoral rights. What protections would be levied to help offset the increased risk of targetting from say, the Serpentis, or Caldari State affiliated subgroups that may stand to gain from aggressive action, or other similar? What benefits would come from taxes paid to GalFed that would endear either myself, or those that are charged under my care, to want to undergo this process.

Secondly, from the perspective of a foreign diplomat, of which I also am, who is the primary liaison, contact, and representative between my homeworld, and much of the wider cluster, how could I be persuaded to convince those that entrusted me with such responsibility that trying to pursue that for my homeworld perhaps, would be worth while, and how would the benefits outweigh potential detriments similarly.

If any of your points in trying to convince me boil down to ‘or else,’ or imply coercive measures to push compliance, you’ll have already failed to convince me.

I’m open to any Gallente loyalist to bring their thoughts to the table on that.