Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

So there I was, asleep and having a really good dream about sausage, and just as it was getting to the good bit, I was rudely awakened by one of my servants who said “Terribly sorry to wake you ma’am, but there is a Covenant messenger at the door”, to which I said “at this hour ?”, before getting dressed appropriately to receive visitors.
Turns out, there’s a bit of an argument in the higher Covenant echelons regarding whether or not “Neo-Takmahlism” is a thing to be condemned, or just heterodoxical stuff like the Cult of the Lash is. And they wanted my opinion on it. But apparently the mailing address they had for me was wrong, so they sent someone in person.
Could have waited till the morning, I’d have thought, but there you go. Or maybe you don’t.

Also Neo-Takmahlism is dumb, even if it isn’t heresy. It’s just misinterpretations of surviving fragmentary documents of a smoke-and-mirrors cult intended to keep the Takmahl elite in power. It didn’t work then, why would it work now ?

Honestly, the mind boggles.

Dare I ask but… Neo-Takmahlism?

My mind boggles from the idea of a good dream about sausages.

If you need food, I can send you couple crates of top grade rations.

1 Like

The Takmahl were a Sani Sabik sect that was active in the Araz constellation nearly 2000 years ago. They lasted a few centuries before wiping themselves out. I’ve written a few articles about them, since I am New Eden’s greatest Takmahl archaeologist.

Neo-Takmahlism is the silly notion that the rituals and scriptural texts of the Takmahl are something to be emulated and recreated. It’s a fad religion popular amongst certain kinds of people on the Sabik worlds.

Bless your heart, Commander.

2 Likes

I’m surprised you haven’t commented on this yet, @Diana_Kim. Considering the flailing you were doing to try to save face after it happened, you seem to have gone quiet. Not even one of your customary threats of violence!

One might suggest you were hoping it would blow over…

2 Likes

A lawsuit has been submitted. They will answer for their crime in the court of law for slandering a State officer.

Meanwhile I will consider what to do with other parties that are evading the law and how to make them pay for their slanders. But, don’t worry. Every one of them will answer for their foolish words one way or another. There are many ways of dealing with rabid slandering dogs.

Sorry for my ignorance on this but, you lead fleets? Thought you were mainly a solo or small gang pilot?

Ms. Vess, and sorry for my ignorance, but I believed you wouldn’t believe random crap some unprofessional yellow press would say about me? Why are you even asking THAT?..

Are you including the multiple Providence pilots you are listed as having engaged to that list? Is Providence an enemy of the State and/or Empire?

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t believe you did that, I’ve just never heard of you leading fleets in general, thus even more to the point that it’s obviously not true.

Yes, but why are you even asking that?
Wasn’t it obvious enough that it was lie from the start?
I thought you were smart enough to get it instantly.

Just curious if you did is all.

You say this Ms Kim but on 17.08.121 alone you killed the following ships belonging to CVA:

• 1 Covetor
  • 1 Porpoise
  • 2 Huginns
  • 12 Nightmares
  • 2 Basilisks
  • 1 Malediction
  • 1 Ninazu

That is a total of 20 ships belonging to Wardens of the Amarr Empire - allies of the Caldari State - all in 24 hours. That’s not even including all the other members of the ‘Providence Bloc’ that are allied with CVA that you shot at.

Yes, some of the story is inaccurate - I know from the same news outlet in the same edition that there are factual inconsistencies - but that is what one expects from a tabloid outlet. As you can understand, they want to make sales so somethings get sensationalised slightly and other factors may get misreported.

The question really is, with Templis CALSF invading an ally, are you an Officer of the State? If so, where was the public announcement that they are endorsing attacks on Amarr territories? Or are you really an Officer of Templis CALSF and planning to continue the expansionist policies of Tibus Heth at the expense of all diplomacy?

3 Likes

Of course I don’t!! Why do you even ask, for Maker’s sake. That’s getting annoying. Shall I sue you as well for participation in spreading of rumors?

Asking if I did something if that was written in one of libelous articles - I think that can be considered as a crime itself. I will need to consult a lawyer.

But at the time, I believe, we could resolve it if I publicly challenge you to a duel or demand apologies.
I hope you aren’t a dishonorable coward liar like @Ange_des_Larmes and will either take your words back or answer for them, either with your honor or with legal suit.

You call me a liar but what did I say that was a lie?

• You did shoot CVA and CVA allied ships.
  • CVA do not shoot neutrals and allies which would suggest that Templis shot first.
  • CVA and Providence is - by declaration of the Empress - legitimately a part of the Amarr Empire and has been for over 10 years.
  • The Amarr and the Caldari are allies in fights against mutual enemies.
  • Templis CALSF has taken a system from CVA in Providence - an act that would account to most as part of an invasion.

So my question remains, was this an act endorsed by the Caldari State or has Templis CALSF and, by extension, yourself, ‘gone rogue’?

1 Like

How is it slander?

That’s you, killing a CVA Ninazu in Providence.

That’s you, taking part in the killing of an entire defensive fleet run by CVA—named Paladin Wardens of the Providence Marches by the Amarr Empress— in Providence.

So what’s the slander?

3 Likes

Oh look at that. Arrendiot again pops in just to speak about things she fails to understand, bringing some sort of pseudo-proof to a libelous article that was false from the first line:

it appears Strike Commander Diana Kim of the Caldari State Militia has been leading fleets into Providence

Now, go back to your hiding hole, Goon, and take your disgruntled CODE ex-agent lapdog with yourself.

Are you saying that the public kill records of Provibloc losses with your name on them in various Providence systems going back to March are incorrect? Are you saying that the public datatbase listing the YWS0-Z system as under your alliance’s control is also incorrect? Are you saying these particular, specific things are incorrect?

3 Likes

I am saying that article is libelous, and you asking me questions based on that makes you no honor, since you were trying to find grains of truth in the slanders.

In that regard, I will have to ask the same question to you as I put to Ms. Vess.
I demand you either to bring apologies to that, or accept a challenge to a duel of honor.