Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Imagine still being able to actually see Arrendis posts. Some folks just never learn.

Displaced thinks it’s possible that it would be dangerous in itself if you at this point turned the transmutes off with a flip of switch. The device apparently not only causes the phenomenon but also controls it somehow and letting it run rampant would not necessarily stop it: ALERT: Gate network destabilization imminent

The authorities are being rather unreasonable about the whole thing. I mean, this is the perfect location for a concert for the ages. A supercapital ship converted to concert venue, over a star pulsating with fuckyouinparticular energy, filled to the brim with people rocking out to the dulcet tones of the apocalypse timed for a crescendo beyond imagining.

“No you can’t do that, won’t someone think of the insurance companies.” and a whole lot of other blather across seventy-nine pages of legalese tosh enforced by various military and police forces, and threats of asset seizures.

None of the CONCORD signatories have the style points required to get out of bed without faceplanting in the process, I swear.

Since the good plan has been thoroughly monkeywrenched by people who’s existence is a net loss for the cluster in general, Sarz’namarr will be holding a live concert and album recording among the nomads dirtside during the event. The entrance fee will be signing a non-enforcable slip of paper legally placing the responsibility for death and damages solely on yourself.

The apocalypse will be televised.
Edit: On further thought, that’s probably going to be the album name.

2 Likes

Oh, I totally understand that. We’re not the ones who can turn it off in the first place, you know?

I’d read that as it potentially being unsafe to do a controlled shut-down of the system’s gates, but your version makes more sense.

I am neither surprised, nor disappointed. :thumbsupparrot:

I’d just like to take this moment to let @Aldrith_Shutaq really appreciate how much he’s flying for Nauplius these days.

4 Likes

And all of us, as well as all of the eukaryotic life on Bos I, know just how reliable your words are.

For all of Mr. Vektor’s excesses and grandiosity… I can confirm he kept to his word, in regard to the Turnur I station, witnessed by more than one Sister of the services in system corroborating his arrival and actions. He only took on refugees of non-matari descent, but still a significant volume of personnel and people.

3 Likes

What makes you think the Republic ever trusted them? You’re a capsuleer. You should know by now that you don’t need to trust someone to work with them when it’s needed. And it was needed.

Sod off. What made the Republic seem like a backwater was the use of Jita as a central hub, and Hek and Rens having the two longest routes to get to it. If anything, the fact that the Jita ↔ Amarr route now has to run through Hek makes it far less of one.

Yeah, the same as the rest of the cluster has, including CONCORD.

1 Like

Ahead of you is a ball of superheated gas.

I knew I shouldnt have had Minmatar food.

Yeah, it did. Some dumbass in a no-name corp drops an astra because he wants to get a structure in a system he thinks is going to Poch, and you think killing it a full day later qualifies as ‘immediate retaliation’ against GSF? That’s cleaning up trash he’d have needed to come scoop in 2 days anyway. He’ll be thanking you around 17:30 when he notices.

Stars below, you really are just a small-minded, provincial little nothingburger, aren’t you?

Except moustache-twirling cartoonish stage villains nobody takes seriously, like Vektor and Napkins.

I have a Question.

When you have Two or more Moustache-twirling Villains, that are collaborating on a Scheme, do they continue to Twirl their Own moustache ? Or would they Twirl each Others ?

Whichever they prefer. I don’t judge villain kinks.

Can’t tell if mustache-twirlin’ cartoon villain or lovable rock-god rogue. The only disturbing thing about this whole nonsense is that so many to this day even with 20/20 hindsight helping them out, claims that working with the Imperial fuckwads was necessary and the right thing to do.

They can not be dealt with, they can not be worked with. It always backfires and here we see the results. This horseshit is on everyone who decided compromise with them was the right thing to do. These worlds have those who supported Edencom to thank for what is happening.

All that’s left to do now is party like it’s the last thing we’ll ever do. For some, it just might be.

The latter.

Probably the best concert I won’t personally remember. The feeds are showing thousands of fists in the air and a roar of defiance against the apocalyptic crimes against humanity the Amarr Empire are responsible for.

There is no clearer message to New Eden that there is nothing left but violent retort and destruction of the Empire’s ability to wage this sort of horrendous war of horror and staggering mass murder.

On Turnur I, we died with our heads and our fists raised high.
Not even this shall break us.

The apocalypse was televised.

With respect.

You didn’t die. You are still here writing this. Your so-called death was a spectacle and you lived to tell the tale.

A lot of other people on Turnur I did not have that luxury.

2 Likes

People need to make up their minds. Either death of clones are deaths, or they’re not.

Not that it matters much to me, in the end. Being with our people who stood tall and strong does.

A lot of the people on Turnur I did not stay back to “stand tall and strong” while they die. They stayed because some idiot made them believe that the stellar event was going to be a beneficial spiritual transformation. They believed they’d live, and they didn’t.

The philosophy of what counts as ‘death’ is not key to my point. The key to my point is you are still here, and they are not.

1 Like

What is done by the fervent, the religious and charlatans does not diminish or reduce the strength of those who knew the likely outcome of this day. Your attempts to do so are disappointing, but not surprising.

You spend more time attacking your own than the Amarr, Rhiannon.