Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

It is Written:
“Be the Change you want to See”

People: come to IGS to be shitty
The same people: “Oh woe be us why is IGS so shitty!”

Some other people: “In this place we have a rule that no one must say anything that sounds like conflict and everyone must be nice.”
Also those people: “Why doesn’t anything interesting get said here? Why only the same people always show up?”

But surely there is a third way.

2 Likes

It is Said:

“There are Four Ways.
The Right Way, the Wrong Way, the Official Way, and My Way. If we all do things My Way, we’ll get along fine”

There is a third way. Folks just need to stop replying to posts that are either diverging off topic, or otherwise not contributing to the discussion in a meaningful way. Honestly, a lot of the complaints about how topics devolve this way or that comes from folks feeling this crazy need to retort to Every. Single. Reply whether it’s actually worth the effort or not.

Stop giving things oxygen, grow thicker skin towards criticism/conflict and stop returning petty jabs/antagonising folks you* complain about and there is no issue

*generic ’you’, not any individual ‘you’

3 Likes

Careful now, Utari… you wouldn’t want to derail the off-topic thread. That would be off-topic, which is completely on-topic, and so could create a paradox that would destroy the universe!

Maybe there are days where I would welcome just that

2 Likes

Maybe there are… but that is not this day!

I hope.

The ■■■■ would there be? The IGS is so ■■■■, and we come to the IGS to be ■■■■, because we are ■■■■. We enjoy it. Otherwise, why the ■■■■ would anyone keep talking to or about me? I’d be obviously ■■■■■■■ wrong, not apparently echoing the zeitgeist.

The IGS is what it ■■■■■■■ is, another pointless ■■■■■■■ message board. The dumbest thing is acting like we’re somehow not the reason it’s like this, because it’s always someone else’s ■■■■■■■ fault.

■■■■, all I’m doing is copping to it. I’m as asshat here for entirely non-constructive reasons because this entire format, and capsuleers in ■■■■■■■ general, are entirely non-constructive people. And everyone decent’s long ■■■■■■■ gone because they’ve got better ■■■■ to do with their time. I sure as ■■■■ wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t bored out of my mind.

But, you know, I’m being honest about it. That’s a bit much to ask from the sanctimoniously polished ■■■■ that deigns to grace the place with their ■■■■■■■ presence. No one really has a reason to post here frequently unless they’re a caustic puddle of toxicity. The best ■■■■■■■ reason to exist here is to warn anyone thinking about heading to capsuleer school to ■■■■■■■ turn around do literally anything else.

shut up lol

6 Likes

why can’t I like my own posts

2 Likes

I liked it for you.

2 Likes

Humility, obviously.

2 Likes

My life’s way too short for trolls. Nice meeting you, have a good rest of your life.

1 Like

Someday it’ll ■■■■■■■ take, I bet.

I doubt it would create a paradox.

To that one Kikimora pilot…

4 Likes

If I saw this face in local I would immediately cloak. ^^

2 Likes

My face ain’t THAT bad… Right…??

Well…

Looks aren’t everything.

2 Likes

No, it’s not bad but you look like someone that kills with no regret :3