Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I have no intent to answer your grudges here.

Individuals interested in finding out more about EM’s policy on triglavians and Edencom, can refer to here: [EM] Electus Matari statement regarding the Triglavians/Edencom

2 Likes

It’s been nice of your people not to shoot at me.

2 Likes

That’s perfectly fine. I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy would be allowing the association with Amarr who continue the practice of undermining the Republic and work against its interests. The defense of Republic Space against invading extra dimensional beings is in the interest of the Republic, and flying with those who choose to defend it is not hypocrisy.

Settle your petty grievances elsewhere.

3 Likes

So … very, very respectfully, sir?

And with the consideration that I’m not exactly a friend to Else?

Without necessarily disagreeing with Mr. Aloga, that’s usually a venal sin where you find it. The world’s complex. It doesn’t seem to be very kind to ideals, or idealists.

It’s easy to say a thing. Its full implications, though … well, it’s easy to find yourself walking outside them, even in full good faith.

Maybe especially in full good faith.

(Sorry; guess we kind of have you coming and going. Not … quite myself right now. I’ll stay out of this from here out.)

1 Like

When there are several reds on the field, the pilots follow the FC’s call, or in the absence of one, their own, trying to do what is best for the overall strategic situation.

Don’t know if that’s particularly “nice”, but you’re welcome.

1 Like

Thank you. I think you may have helped me…possibly a lot.
…We’ll see.

1 Like

Your recurring compulsion to make the Faith synonymous with atrocity; no matter what you intend is a prejudiced and dubious attack on the beliefs of tens of trillions of people.

None of us are without personal bias, but in attacking the Faith rather than the perpetrators of the atrocities of which you speak; you only serve to dilute legitimate, measured, and substantiated criticism.

1 Like

You are also now -10, otherwise stated, “Red”.

2 Likes

He appeared to be a really nice guy when I met him first… very tragic that he now fights against humanity :confused:

This seems like the spot for this. Is there a way to name our drones in our overview? I have a few that are just civilians, and I want to be able to keep a better eye on them. They didn’t really sign up for this much fighting, you know?

They’re… drones. Machines, without crew…

Maybe he means the Civilian model Hobgoblins ?

Though why anyone would use them outside of training scenarios, given how cheap Goblin 1s are, is beyond me.

He may be conducting rogue ai experiments with his drones.

1 Like

Hey, you never know :grinning:

I mean, I know they don’t have crews, I just worry about them. Though, if they get enough fights in, I guess they’ll, like, improve?

Or, uh, if you can just buy better Hobgoblins. . . I feel like my childhood holo-programming may not have been entirely accurate to life, suddenly.

Maybe True Creations is starting up a line of drones now?

Both, really.

My Faith is a huge part of who I am, I could not reasonably take issue with that influencing others’ judgement of me. Obviously, I don’t speak for everyone when I say that but it’s in my experience the more prevalent view.

I can’t be specific about your grievances with the Faith without a little direction; though there some accepted norms, the specific passages of scripture that influence the lives of most of the faithful are an intensely personal matter.

One does not intend to pry into private matters; apologies for any perceived insult.

My point is merely that the Faith includes slavery and forced, even if your beliefs don’t, and hence if you consider all U’K guilty by association to the worst acts of terror they do, then you should logically consider all Faithful complicit by association to the worst that is done in the name of the Faith.

2 Likes

In this case I did not mean personal to be private, simply that there is so much scripture that reading it all is unrealistic let alone living by it all.

The parallel is interesting but flawed, the Faith has been used to justify many unfortunate acts, but I have not followed anyone who has committed them. U’K is as you put it, an outfit; you likely know better than I the things they have done, but if we confine ourselves to recent history, their leader painted a chapel red with innocent blood. Harkon Thorson may be (based upon your assessment of my criticisms) the worst of U’K but that is more rather than less damning of those who follow him.