Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Kinda’ like the empires just kinda threw whatever was laying around at the problem and said “That should be enough to convince the freelance Capsuleers we tried.”

To be fair those are now patrolled by Caldari capsuleers pro bono, whenever trigs show up. Make of that what you will.

Yes.

Yes.

EDENCOM flagged navy ships used a fair array of advanced hulls, actually. The State deployed Basilisk support to their fleets. Just as Scimitar, Oneiros, and Guardian support were deployed by the other respective navies. Advanced ships were present in the overwhelming majority of EDENCOM fleets.

State Navy Basilisk kill reports.

Same for Republic Fleet Huginn

Imperial Navy Zealot.

Federal Navy Lachesis

Various advanced ships were indeed deployed.

On another note:

Pretty sure that discussion started in about as disgusting a manner as a conversation can start. Wasn’t many places it could go that wouldn’t continue to be disgusting.

1 Like

Yeah, fair enough. That’s usually expected of Nauplius.

People need to stop responding to him in any ways that don’t involve shooting at him.

5 Likes

Or, if a backwater hick like me has to be introduced to the utter bollocks that is the worst of Empire loyalism, there ya go.

Thank you for defending our Navies, though there were really no reason to do this, considering where the accusation was coming from. Arrendiot is known for being a clown who tosses out ridiculous groundless accusations about others, and really the best course here would be simply to tell her to “shut up and stop poisoning the feed.” At least I am fed up with her inconsistent and subintelligent rants to bother to correct her nonsense.

But, anyway, thank you for the contribution!

Freedom of speech is a concept that is required only by weaklings and dishonorable liars. It allows them to evade responsibility for the nonsence they’re saying. Freedom of speech lets people insult othes, but when they are getting insulted back, they’re whining that they were only ‘speaking up their opinion and you have no right attacking them for that’ and all other sort of crazy egoistic asocial behavior.

Here in the State above all else we value Honor, and three main component of Honor are Loyalty, Courage and Honesty. In regard to what you speak, it means:

1. You must always stay loyal, both with your actions and words. Apparently, freedom of speech is against it, allowing you insult your betters.
  2. Have courage to face consequence and answer for what you say. Stand before tribunal, take punishment for offenses you committed with your speech, or challenge those who insult you, answer on challenges if you insulted someone on purpose, or bring apologies if something you said was just wrong and you didn’t mean it or made it by mistake, you shall never hide from what you did, would it be with word or deed. Apparently, coward adepts of freedom of speech would whine instead they had ‘right’ to say it and will run away from taking responsibility.
  3. Finally, you cannot be Honorable withou Honesty. You shall never lie, you shall prove your point of view and accept faults in your reasoning if someone proves you to be wrong, apologize for your mistake and lies that you didn’t plan to commit. On the other hand, dishonorable adepts of freedom of speech accept lie as their ‘right’, and when they cannot prove their point of view, they simply insult one who speaks it up or straightforward make up stuff - usually even not about the subject itself, but about speaker whom they disagree with.

As you can see, only the most disgraceful of speakers call for need of freedom of speech, and surely we need none of them in our glorious State.

Do you have any further questions about freedom of speech?

3 Likes

Ms. Kim’s reflections aside, Mr. Tsero, does it really seem to you that a nation that declared large-scale war partly as an effort to purge “perverse ideologies” is going to just let you say whatever you want forever?

Sooner or later it seems likely you’ll need to conform to the Flow-- most likely in word as well as deed. Please enjoy the place you’ve made for yourself there.

1 Like

Guide and grant the flow and be fit for glorification.

Obstruct and mortify the flow and you will be extirpated.

The Flow guides us forward.

Admittedly, these are inherently good reasons. However, it’s not worth the suppression of my ability to speak what I desire. If I think a better of mine is being a twit, I don’t plan on keepin’ quiet about it. (Unless they’re Triglavian, gotta make a good impression :wink: )
As for consequences, I have had literally 0 repercussions for my choice of alignment and it’s quite amusing to me. You’d think my Jita shopping trips would be disrupted eh? Honesty isn’t always the best policy. It has the potential of making a situation worse, and avoid said bad outcomes requires the judgment that State citizens cannot have apparently.

Just my 2 cents. Honestly doubt I have a place in The State at this point so ¯_(ツ)_/¯ (

Speaking about suppression, it’s a question for Sansha Nation who can ‘reprogram’ you to speak only what Papa Kuvakei wants, or to Gallente whose Black Eagles make people disappear so they don’t say what Federation doesn’t want them to say.

In the State and in other civilized place (obviously without freedom of speech - a place with freedom of speech simply cannot be called Civilized!!) nobody prevents you from saying what you like or what you want. But you will be asked to answer and pay for what you say (sometimes - quite literally. If you promised a merchant to pay for the goods, but didn’t do it in time (for example, saying you have freedom of speech to give empty promises) - you can be fined or even jailed!)

Sometimes CONCORD su… supplies not enough law enforcement to capsuleers.

1 Like

Ya know, I don’t agree with the Empires on a lot of things. I speak up when I feel it’s right, which means sometimes I let ■■■■ slide and sometimes I’m the most obnoxious person in the room.

More importantly, I act how I feel is right, for the benefit of others when I can.

The question I have for you is, what about the free speech of all those people whom you’ve killed, starved, mutated, and/or exiled? Because from where I stand, your blather about free speech is simple contemptible hypocrisy. Self-serving buzzwords. Rank and fetid gas from the bowels of a toxic swamp.

You wanna twist lofty ideals to suit yourself and your clique? Coulda done that in the Fed. I’m sure a portion of the population would have loved you there.

2 Likes

Generally, dead people cannot speak. This also applies to people too weak to speak, I.E starving.
In summary; They were free to speak, as I was free to silence them.

something something hyper-advanced tech.

See, now here’s some honest assholery. Much preferable to the hypocrisy. Still a feckin asshole, but you’re open about it.

I might not be the ideal person, so there’s no reason to try to sidestep it. :thinking:

I assure you I understood your point. Mine was that you have no reasonable expectation of Amarr (or anyone else of a different national, racial or religious background than “general Minmatar”) not butting in when discussing a matter on a public forum.

As for the SARO agents you are not very subtly maligning with your statements, I wish them the best of luck in their investigations. Any matter related to the Blood Raiders deserves as many law enforcement organizations on the case as it takes to eliminate the threat.

There are ways to participate in a conversation that are not about giving unsolicited advice on how to deal with a jurisdiction entanglement one is not in the least bit familiar with.

I’m from ■■■■■■■ Sundsele and I don’t presume to tell the Circle of Chiefs for Security how to handle it. You, I’m pretty sure, don’t even know what the Circle is and what its claim to handling any of it is.

2 Likes

Which is partly why I waited until someone more in the know commented that they might have a legitimate claim relating to an international crime, which does indeed fall under CONCORD’s and SARO’s mandate. If they have a claim, they should be allowed to conduct their business and I stated exactly as much. I did not do this because my Amarr-ness demanded I step on Minmatar opinions, I did so because I am affected by these events as well.

Remember that the likely related string of crimes that the Blood Raiders perpetrated ran its course through my own nation and targeted associates of mine. I myself have taken every effort possible to stop it in the meantime. If that path demands I come to the Republic to continue that work, I will, but I am hoping that Minmatar authorities may actually prove helpful for once in this regard. Why I’d have that hope, I am not entirely sure given past events and current attitudes; I sometimes get the feeling you’d let your own people suffer just to spite me and the Empire.

Ah, wait. Nevermind, that is a constant and self-perpetuating occurrence. I’ll just shut up now and wait to see the next thing I must shoot to fix the problem.

3 Likes

So hyper-advanced that it can’t even stand up to a couple of Nagas, or Feroxes plus Ospreys in the field. Precursors or no, their junk is only worth something in the hands of Capsuleers.

As they say:

“Bring it.”

2 Likes