Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

OBJECTION!
Points to the air striking a pose

1 Like

Well, maybe it’s a character flaw, but when someone tells me to “calm my tits” I tend to double-check to make sure my tits aren’t any more panicky than I am, and then, if not, object on their behalf.

Functionally calling me silly and hysterical is usually a good way to get me to reply.

2 Likes

Pacify Thy Paridae? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, I was meaning more like.

Someone: “Point”
Someone else: “Counterpoint”
Interjector A: “Actually this supports the narrative that I promote”
Interjector B: “Interjector A is wrong because of reasons, mostly involving how Interjector A failed to achieve particular goal some time ago”
Interjector C: “Aha ! Further evidence of my narrative from X months ago, about Interjector D !”
Interjector D: “Hey, don’t be bringing me into this, anyway since I’m here, point about A & B that only tangentially relates to the point/counterpoint initially raised”
Someone: “Anyway, so, second_point”
Someone else: “Second_counterpoint”

And whatever the thread is about, it’s always the same A,B,C, and D, that interject and continue their ancient argument.

1 Like

Oh. Well … I guess maybe for some the IGS is a battlefield, each individual argument a skirmish in a long-running campaign.

I think I’ve probably been such a person before, at least at times.

1 Like

I just like reading the latest installment of how the cluster is on fire.

The only problem I have is I can understand where most people are coming from on issues, but I feel no need to pick a side.

At a reductive level most discussions here read as: my side is the righteous and just one, and those who are against me are terrible and bad.

Most days though, I often question myself if I am in fact the terrible and bad one.

Was talking about everyone’s collective spiritual tits, not just yours.

Why not both ?

Believing the terrible and bad things one does to other human beings is righteous and just is just the human condition. No better way to get people to kill than to convince them it’s for a good cause and the dead “deserved it.”

It is what it is though, and I don’t think it will ever change.

It’s also mildly amusing to figure out what attracted particular people to intervene.

Some are more obvious than others.

Maybe a psychologist could become famous by studying this sort of thing.

Perhaps not famous, but a paper could be published indeed.

There is quite a list of traits that show up on the forums, and the IGS is one of the shortest.

It may be toxic here, but there are sections like Chernobyl.

Triglavians did not need to conquer the IGS because it is already a proving ground.

IGS always gives me a chuckle. It’s fun.

Diagrams, woo !

Diagrams make any argument at least 37% better.

IGS is more like IBS

Do you have a diagram to support this argument?

Yes.

4 Likes

How do you explain the two extremums on your graph?

science.

As has been pointed out Diana. I am pregnant, so you can either wait till after my children are born, or you can face my champion who will act in my stead.

You know, I don’t remember you being this stubborn. but I guess the years do change people.

also are you sure you really still want to go through with this, shouldn’t you be focusing more on the terrorists that Bombed your own Government? and your own head of state missing? figured you would be being a dutiful Caldari Navy officer and trying to clean up at home.

3 Likes

Balls.

1 Like