Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I mean, I order Khimi Harar around all the time.

It doesn’t work, but I still do it.

3 Likes

Pity you’re about as subtle as DBRB.

Strawmanning the other Amarrians is not very loyalist, is it? They’ve named EM a part of Lux Invicta, and Smokey a Lux Invicta asset. This is not even remotely difficult to comprehend, so the consistent twisting of narratives on your part remains quite pathetic when the simple truth would have sufficed perfectly. It’s even sadder because everyone including you have to realize how pitiful it looks.

Again, would you attack an Init structure and try to argue that it is not an Imperium asset?

1 Like

Who had power over it? First Electus Matari, then Pandemic Horde, Lux Invicta just squatted for a time.

So other coalition members are just ‘squatting for a time’ when using a coalition structure? You’re reaching, and pretty hard at that.

There was a conflict some years back when a certain Minnie fellow started cozying up to a Sani Sabik girl, to the point of bringing the viper into the midst of the clan and our people. I decided to make my displeasure at these events known by destroying his Azbel, knowing that it, he and the corporation had ties to Minmatar loyalists. I gave them the opportunity to stand aside, but when the final day came we destroyed the Azbel, the owner and what would today be considered the origins of DammFam alongside a Ushra’Khan fleet defending it.

At no point was there any need to play pretend about it “just being a [Insert Corp] structure” or something like that. The motivations were public, the alliances involved were known, and the actions were undertaken without this kind of pathetic narrative spin. What happened happened and the consequences of it remains to this day, for good and ill.

If there wasn’t such a pitifully blatant level of underhanded nose-thumbing and antagonism against your “allies”, that is all this act would have needed. A simple straight-forwards attack on a structure wanted gone, acknowledging its status and going forwards nonetheless. It also wouldn’t make LiP and certain others look as pitiful as when you all insisted the most blatant false flag operation the warzone has ever seen was no such thing.

Minmatar commenters in this thread certainly have strayed a long way from “Fight on, sweet children of God.”

2 Likes

Not at all, spacebourne fastnesses are used at the pleasure of those who own them; until such a time as the displeasure of an owner or a destroyer removes that privilege.

Consider it a Lux Invicta debris field if you wish, but don’t pretend that LUMEN’s attempting to make piracy of attacking a facility belonging to avowed foes of the Empire is anything but farcical.

According to what other Lux groups have said in this thread, they all had power over it. First by PNS being the ones to drop it, then via the ACLs and deciding ‘you guys be the ones who get the notifications, lol’.

Nah, we just also adhere to the mantra of ‘Mock on.’ :metal:

3 Likes

I mean, as frustrating as pure spin about the Astrahus is, I’ve been pretty content to just watch the conversation. Those partaking in the lies aren’t going to suddenly change their tune when presented with facts. They’re not arguing with any honest intentions.

But mostly, I’m not particularly concerned if Amarr fight one another. I expect that the conflict will do nothing but further solidify LUMEN support of Lux, really. Abusing those who should be one’s allies does not normally get them to do what you want.

But to each their own, I suppose.

2 Likes

What do you mean?

I take it then that it was a LUMEN member that commanded your fleets of typhoons these many engagements?

A lesson you’d think Aldrith, at least, would’ve learned by now.

2 Likes

If tomorrow, I exclaimed that Ushra’Kahn an alt-alliance of CTRLV and insinuated that their assets really served the Empire, do you think there’s any corner of New Eden sufficiently remote for me to escape the laughter that would be broadcasted from every loyalist vessel?

If you’re so determined to use “strawmanning” in every criticism, you might endeavor to actually comprehend the term. For example, you’ve insinuated that LIP attacking an EM structure on the grounds that it is an enemy stronghold and not a “bastion of the empire” is as egregious as attacking an Init structure and claiming it’s not an Imperium asset. I’m sorry to interrupt you as you hurriedly stuff straw into this analogy, but it’s not comparable in the slightest. Init is a subsidiary entity of the imperium. EM is not a subsidiary of the Empire, nor of EDENCOM. The structure flew the flag of enemies of the throne. So long as this is true, there’s not an entity that could claim ownership of it (save the throne itself) that would cause my guns to swivel away from it. This is the extent of my resolve, and no, I do not expect you to understand it. It doesn’t matter how often you insert “pitiful” or “pathetic” or “stupid” into your narrative, its still just noise all the same. Please see that your cacophony is concluded.

2 Likes

That would be quite laughable. Fortunately, that’s not the kind of thing anyone’s claimed yet. Have anyone involved claimed any of the others to be “alt-alliances” or anything of the sort? They’ve been claimed to be in a coalition against the invaders, and that the asset in question served as a coalition asset in Pochven. You know, that place where people are fighting enemies of all four nations?

No, see, again with the actual strawmen. It’s said that it was a Lux asset. “Bastion of the Empire” is your wholecloth invention. This is why I call your nonsense out like this, because you just utterly disconnect your narrative from reality with this nonsensical tosh, when you could simply say that you disregard your nominal allies’ coalition and wanted to hit Electus Matari.

These are the simple facts of the matter. You struck a Lux asset, knowing that it was a Lux asset, and this is perfectly fine. I’ve seen and been part of far heftier internal and external… let’s call them diplomatic troubles. This is well within the rulesets of our little freelancer conflicts and frankly to be expected. What remains pitiful is the attempts at dissembling this and making it out to be something else than that. Your allies, Imperial loyalists who’ve been fighting these Triglavian/Kyber enemies of our nations, including your Throne, have clearly stated how the asset in question has functioned and been used.

Why, I must wonder, is it so important to you to try and make it out to be different than what everyone involved knows it is? Why can’t you just own your motivations and choices, acknowledging the conflict it creates with your supposed allies? Why can you not acknowledge what these other Imperial loyalists are doing and saying?

It smacks of a certain insecurity that you can’t deal with reality as is, and need to play such pretend for the sake of the public.

Grow a pair. Own what you do.

Oh really?

Care to rethink these statements? Or will you opt to… how did you put it…

Acknowledged outpost of its loyalists =//= Bastion of the Empire.
Not even you can pretend those are even close.

Try again.

It literally reads “outposts of the Empire and its loyalist capsuleers”.

It does not read: “outpost of its loyalists”.

Yikes.

Anyhow, when two parties are conversing and one cannot be linked quotes from the record without patently omitting words when they reference it as to bolster their point, the time for civil discourse is over (if ever there was a chance for it). I won’t be seeing your posts again.

Outpost =/= Bastion.