Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Aaaand we’re back to the silly equivocation nonsense. We’ve covered this, repeatedly. The other big three are - at the moment at any rate - not under any kind of mandate or intent towards complete human domination. None of them have the mandate or intent to force their culture and faith upon the rest of the cluster. The closest you’ll get is the Federation softly pushing their chaotic primary export everywhere they can, which I’ll grant you is a more insidious threat than the Empire, but hardly similar in neither intent or danger.

There is only one nation in New Eden, not counting Sansha, that have the stated and core to their faith and identity intent and mandate to reclaim all of humanity. It is uniquely dangerous in this regard, for as long as this remains core to the Empire it is not held back in any way by “this would be too costly” or “this is counter to our laws and philosophy” and so on and so forth. The only thing that has ever held it back is military might.

Trying to pretend this is in any shape way or form something that can be applied to the other three is downright disingenuous.

1 Like

Please demonstrate any inclination the Caldari State or Tribal Republic have to actually conquering the expansionist power they rebelled against. At most, we’d like our people freed. If the Amarr would do that, and renounce their intentions to reconquer us, we’d be fine with them ■■■■■■■ off and minding their own business, and we’ll mind ours.

Yep, there we go, proof that they are much better allies and solid proof that they are best for the Caldari State right now. Its clear, if only the State would actually read your rambling on the IGS and change course to the true path of success.

Those others certainly do not have a mandate or intent to force anything on anyone else, because they haven’t said so of course. Such good peoples.

Ah, back to strawmen, I see. Silly ones at that. Is it an Amarr thing to just utterly ignore what people say and instead just tilt at imaginary windmills?

Lord above, I cannot wait until we conquer the cluster and we can finally shut you all up.

That’s all I am in it for now.

6 Likes

It’s always so satisfying when the Amarr abandon the smiling false-friendliness.

Go ■■■■ yourself.

3 Likes

Oh, and lookit that! You got a like from Napkins. That must make you feel special.

The alliance between State and Empire was reached with understandings made with Emperor Heideran VII. If Empress Catiz I has a desire to revert to past doctrines such as that of Emperor Damius III then I am sure the State will be notified of such and how it applies to the Caldari.

2 Likes

Exactly. Now, let’s kick the snot out the ‘Republic’ and Fed, become best friends, and rule the cluster together.

See, that’s the vision the mouthy Minmatar here fear; Amarr actually being chill. So, they piss us off until we’re not chill.

Pre-emptive go ■■■■ yourself, Arrendis.

8 Likes

Well, the Amarr are unlikely to renounce their intentions to reclaim the Minmatar, and I highly doubt anyone in Amarr cares what you are fine with or if you are minding your own business. I am sure you and Miz will scream strawmen on the IGS, stirring up any argument that you can get going, twisting everything, then accusing everyone else of doing the same until the end of time.

You should really be happy about it though, that someone’s mission is to bring you to the light, as much as that would cost.

And as for demonstrating an inclination for conquering, just being allied to the Gallente is enough proof of that If you Minmatar were so against it, I can not see why you would ally with the Gallente and be of help to them reconquering the Caldari. So which is it, are you and your allies for or against conquest?

All at the same time trying to convince the Caldari they should be friends with you instead.

2 Likes

There was an old joke in the Peace and Order Unit:

How can you tell if someone is an Amarr spy?

Ask them.

I think Amarr have a well deserved reputation on being honest and forthright regarding their intentions towards others. I trust if the Amarr intend to reclaim the State they will make their intentions known well in advance before they do so.

Even if the Empire made it clear they intend to reclaim the State in the future I’m not exactly sure what it really changes in the here and now. At most it would make the Empire the far enemy compared to the near enemies of the Gallente Federation and Minmatar Republic that threaten the Caldari State and its people.

If and when the Federation and Republic are destroyed and their people scattered, then the State and Empire can attend to whatever violence or dialogue that must be reached. Until that day comes, nothing prevents cordial relations or even friendship between Amarr and Caldari in the shared fight against our enemies.

4 Likes

That’d be lovely and all, but it’s been your side, not me, twisting things through this entire conversation. I’ve remained completely consistent in what I’ve said, and kept matters focused on the one issue, even as you’ve attempted to hare off on tangent after tangent.

Ah, hilarious. The Republic maintains its alliance with Federation for the same reason the State maintains its mutual-defense pact with the Empire: because without a cosmopolitical ally, we’d be easy prey for the expansionist power we wrested ourselves free of.

More twisting things. Show me where I said anything about the Federation being uninterested in conquest. Your position effectively amounts to ‘The Caldari State wants to conquer all of humanity and subjugate them’, which we both know isn’t true, either.

Remind me again about how honest the Amarr are, while you keep spinning lies?

1 Like

You are twisting things, by implying that the Cladari State should not be allied to us because of our Amarr’s faith and what it has tasked us with, and then focused everything on that one point as the only thing that matters, and trying to get people to answer that one questions on if it is Amarr’s intent to conquer all, as if that is the only thing that matters here and today. And you refuse to look at anything else, including what other empires could and would do in the future. You argument is stupid, and most of what you are doing is just telling everyone that they are arguing against you wrong. Which has made this discussion or argument devolve into who is twisting or straw manning.

Try spending one day not crying straw man and see if you survive or just shrivel up and die. A favor to the cluster if the later for sure.

You justify Minmatar being allied to the Gallente for the same reason the Caldari are allied to the Amarr. And yet this whole argument has been you trying to convince the Caldari that they should not be allied to Amarr. Alrighty. Also good to know there is more reason to be allied to someone than yours or your ally’s beliefs and policies. Hrm.

You are allied with them and help them in conquest by being allied, trying to get you to answer that question was much like the ignorant questions you tried to get Gaven to answer earlier, we all know what Amarr’s faith has tasked us with, we also know without asking that the Minmatar are very much interested in conquest if they had the means, however they have hardly had the means to consider it. But not having the means, to you, is proof there is no desire. They are happy to help the Gallente though.

The Caldari State may not have it in the laws, religion or a stated mission, but yeah they probably would conquer all of humanity if they had the means, same with Gallente, and the same with the Minmatar which you laughably think they would not.

But that is the problem, you will not look at anything but your own points, everyone has tried telling you that here and now, the Amarr are not reclaiming the Caldari State next week, but they might try in the future, but anything could happen in the future, You are allied with the Gallente and they very well could end up conquering the whole cluster in the future, it doesn’t matter if its stated in their laws, or faith, it is just as likely as the Amarr to do it, if it is ever able.

But the here and now, Caldari has chosen the side with the Amarr. And no amount of squealing you do on the IGS is going to change their mind that the Gallente and Minmatar are worse than the Amarr.

Now proceed to explain where all I straw man, twisted, changed the subject, and didn’t answer your questions or points.

1 Like

You mean the two factions who are now largely at peace outside of the pendulum, and not trying to conquer anyone? Pay attention to the news more than twice a decade.

Except it really isn’t. It is a Federation that has had plenty of opportunity to do so both with the Caldari and the Republic, and has chosen not to. While the Empire has on the other hand tried and failed, and still preach that it will. This nonsensical equivocation is just ludicrous.

There is a rather significant difference between expanding at need or opportunity, and what the Empire is, and you are not daft enough to think otherwise.

A) I am not twisting things. I am simply highlighting one fact.
B) Even now, you can’t deny that it has tasked you with the utter obliteration of all other cultures and belief systems.
C) I’ve said more than once that the Federation are also expansionist powers, and should be opposed in that expansionism. To the extent that their intentions are to spread Gallente Federalism across the cluster, they should be—and are—opposed, including by the Republic, as we’ve roundly rejected that very notion. However, the Federation does not have an expressly-stated, immutable mandate from an authority beyond appeal that calls upon them to not simply try to convert everyone to their way, but commands them to achieve such a goal. The Amarr faith contains no provision to allow for ‘well, we explained our faith, and they said no thank you, so we’ll just accept that answer.’

In fact, the response to ‘no thank you’ has been the collar.

Yes, and in that scenario, you’ll note, I’ve also said that should such an alliance of the smaller powers be within reach, the Republic should tell the Federation to go screw itself, too. They’re not the Empire, but it’s definitely a matter of degrees where both of your little ‘do it OUR way, not YOUR way’ cults are involved.

Aaaand exactly which wars of territorial conquest against the State has the Federation initiated with Republic support? Remember, the militia warzones are a consensual arrangement among all four powers. Are we to be blamed for the Federal occupation of Caldari Prime that long predates our Rebellion, then?

No, just liberation of our people. If you’d like to claim we’re interested in conquest, please support this claim with evidence, as I’ve done for my claim about Amarr.

You do like to project, don’t you?

Congratulations, but no. I’ve been saying that exact thing. Trying to make out like everyone else has been informing me of the thing I’ve had at the very core of my statements this entire time… well, just demonstrates how truly ‘honest’ and ‘well-intentioned’ the Amarr are, doesn’t it?

Let’s see your evidence of that intention toward actual conquest. I’ve provided some. Can you, or are you just, y’know, lying, oh Honest Amarr?

Think I just did. But you g’head, and keep on spinning lies, kthx.

What I think gets missed in this whole discussion is that the total reclaiming is an innevitable endpoint rather than any individual Emperor’s mission. Everyone will join Amarr, before the end of time, but we don’t have to rush that process. We just have to keep the faith, build the community of the faithful, and keep the light of God blazing in this broken universe, and by the end of time everything will innevitably be bathed in that light.

In the hypothetical scenario where the more clear and present threats to both Empire and State no longer existed, it is quite probable that a peaceful accord could be found that brought our Allies into line with the Divine Order.

Any idea that this would involve assimilating them and erasing culture is flawed, as the distinct Khanid cultures demonstrate.

Rather, it would look like finding a way to allow our honored allies to maintain their traditions and cultural core while still working within the Divine Order and the larger Faith.

If such an accord were impossible, tensions might indeed build up in the new status quo, but even then we would be more likely to continue positive relations and just wait for a change, so long as they remained no direct threat to Amarr.

We remember our allies and treat them well.

7 Likes

So distinct that they’re known as the ‘Dark Amarr’, right?

Because the history of the Amarr is just full of those open-ended ‘we’ll wait’ scenarios, right? Like the way the Amarr waited for the rest of Athra to convert, or waited for the Minmatar Empire to be persuaded, or waited for the Ni-Kunni to eagerly join in… no threat of violence anywhere, right?

What, exactly, were the Khanid used for back on Athra, again? Couldn’t have been the violent subjugation of everyone around you, could it?

If any Caldari were to be willing to help in the violent subjugation of this idiot’s tongue, you could probably trade success in that endeavor for an eternity of freedom for the entire State.

2 Likes

Only tyrants and oppressors fear words of dissent, Lord Babydaddy.