Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Frankly, that’s as ill-informed as basing our opinion of the State on She Who Must Not Be Named™ would be.

If you are referring to Strike Commander Kim, I have the utmost respect for her as a soldier, and slights against her honor from a jaijii will brook you no favor.

As for the Republic, I speak only as I see it.

And what I refer to regarding her behavior is the fact that she consistently offers insult and offense, even against pilots who have never flown with a hostile militia or fired upon any State assets, based solely on being Minmatar. Moreover, she is over-zealous to the point of being rabid when it comes to looking for reasons to declare someone is her enemy. There is a reason she is seen as one of the greatest recruiting tools GalMil has.

But, having lived in the State for a number of years and worked for Lai Dai, the Caldari Navy, and others, I know that she is not representative of the Caldari people, or the State’s policies. Neither one actively tries to make more enemies.

Indeed. Which is why I said you are ill-informed. Perhaps you should actually spend time in the Republic, and learn the truth, rather than relying on the distorted lens of the four empires’ consensual bloodsport league.

I do not agree with the Strike Commander politically. But dragging her into this conversation is childish and irrelevant.

I will be happy to visit the Republic once it decides the State Protectorate should no longer be shot on sight. Until then, the war goes on.

3 Likes

Ah, lovely. There’s room for cooperation, so long as you’re allowed to shoot Minmatar, but the Minmatar aren’t allowed to shoot back.

I am skeptical of the State entering into any sort of agreement with the Minmatar Republic given the events of Colelie. In the case of Gerne Broteau who committed crimes on Federal territory as a Federal citizen the Federation was obligated under its own laws to criminally prosecute him under Federal law before any extradition proceedings could occur to the Minmatar Republic. Instead of waiting for such a trial to conclude and allow the Federation to conduct itself in a manner required by its own laws and customs the Minmatar Republic chose invasion by its fleets and sanctioned by its government resulting in the murder and death of Federal citizens – their own allies.

It is the nature of treaties and agreement that the parties involved have to be trusted to uphold their obligations made in those treaties and agreements. As the events in Colelie have shown the Minmatar Republic cannot be trusted. The Minmatar Republic can and has violated its treaty with an ally, and responded with violence when the laws and customs of their ally do not serve their own self-interests.

3 Likes

Wait wait wait, weren’t it’s your people who were attacking Amarr Empire because you wanted to enforce your way on them - so they abolish slavery?

That’s like overload of hypocrisy, you know!

2 Likes

Our State is led by merited and wise people. Those people who already got information about what’s going on in the cluster. They already know what they need to know and took the decision that was best for all of us, disregarding all these dishonorable loud tribals yapping of galnet forums.

Caldari State is at war with Minmatar Republic.

It also means that any Citizen who will try to push for separate treaty with Minmatar Republic can find themselves detained, and every State soldier who will try to do that might find themselves facing the wall. And considering that majority of Citizens of the State have either served a mandatory military service or are professional military personnel, it means they are under Oath of allegiance to the State and participating in any separate treaty with official enemy of the State will consitute a war crime.
1 Like

To be perfectly frank, I am sure that most Matari would settle with the Amarr simply releasing all minmatar slaves and ceasing all slaving operations against the Minmatar. As long as the slaves aren’t Matari, Im pretty sure most of us could live with the Amarr continuing the practice amongst their own people.

Any sort of demand to other nation to release their Debtors is unreasonable.

Besides, do you realize how racist you sound now? So, Amarr should release criminals only of Minmatar bloodline, but keep enslaved everyone else? Like what, Minmatars are now allowed to commit any crime they want while others will get proper punishment?..

What in the Maker’s name made you THINK that your bloodline must guarantee you immunity from penal punishment for breaking Imperial laws?!

It would seem, Commander Kim, that you have either been misinformed or mislead. The Matari Slaves currently residing the Amarr Empire are not debtors or criminals, nor habe they broken any law. They were innocent civilians that were taken against their will when the Empire invaded the ancient Minmatar Empire, and just as you wish to save your fellow caldari being held in Federation Black sites as you so claim, we wish to save our people.

Just as Caldari people faught against the Federation to gain their independance, So to have the Minmatar. We only seek to save those Minmatar that are stuck within the Empire.

1 Like

That happened thousand years ago.
Imperial slavery term is nine generations.
People who have endured through that became Imperial citizens of Minmatar origin (there’s whole Ammatar mandate of those and I believe they’re all around the Empire as well).
Nine generations is approximately 9x40 = 360 years.
It means all current slaves of Minmatar descent are not descendants of those who were enslaved initially during that war, but those who were enslaved from the time range of approximately 400 years ago to modern days for breaking laws of Amarr Empire.

Considering the decree of the previous Empress, Her Majesty Jamyl Sarum I, all slaves of 8+ generation that still resided in the Empire were emancipated all at once, so that doubly ensures that slaves of Minmatar origin in the Amarr Empire are freshly enslaved criminals.

And what of the slaves that were taken last year from the Surface of Floseswin, what crime did they commit?

1 Like

That is not a hard and fast rule. Jamyl released ninth generation slaves as a one-time thing. It is not a common practice.

You claim all slaves are debtors or criminals or whatever else without evidence. Most of the Minmatar enslaved in the Empire are not individuals who commit any sort of crimes. They are descendants of those taken by force from the Minmatar Empire when the Amarr invaded. The Amarr invaded the Minmatar Empire back then simply because they could. There is no full scale invasion on the Republic (or anyone else, for that matter) right now because they can’t.

You try to speak on the Empire without actually understanding anything about it.

Refusal to embrace God.

It’s so nice when they outright confirm everything we’ve been saying in a succinct and irrevocable manner.

Truth to this, it takes someone with the authority to emancipate them. Nine generations of slavery would not even make any progress on this capsuleer, as she is not capable of redemption.

1 Like

This is incorrect. What you’re referring to is Jamyl Sarum releasing all slaves of the 9th Generation and greater at the time. 8th-gen slaves who had children soon after that decree still saw those children remain enslaved, and the children of those 9th-gen, when born, will still be enslaved.

Also not correct, as Imperial technology enables breeding well past the 40th year.

That is the right of any lawful Holder.

A Holder qualifies as ‘somebody with authority’ in the Imperial system.