Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Except the autosummarize dingus automatically truncates the topic to 100 posts:

So once it gets to 100 ‘relevant’ posts, it’s done.

Bold of it to claim this topic has 100 posts that are relevant to anything.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t know. If you check the summary, you find a very interesting post from Nevyn. :wink:

but it means that none of the past 500ish posts were good enough to be in the top 100, no ?

Except now, there’s only 12 hidden replies since the last ‘relevant’ one, which is Miz’s. (or 13, given this post).

Besides, even if we take those 500 as being of the same quality as the other 3,867 (now) hidden posts, that wouldn’t indicate a recent drop in quality, because fully 97% of the thread is hidden. So if those 500 are of the same quality as 97% of the thread, that indicates consistent quality, not that the ‘quality of recent posting has fallen off a bit’.

Moreover, the posts are hidden based on relevance, not quality. One of the non-truncated posts is literally ‘Belated congratulations!’, which, you know, doesn’t have appreciable quality of posting… or lack of quality, either, for that matter.

It’s too short for real issues of ‘quality’ to come into play. Much like another post that’s simply ‘How about let’s not?’.

So no, truncation-by-relevance-algorithm is no indicator of trends in quality.

that’s a lot of words to say “no u”

It might be, except ‘no u’ indicates that I’m not just denying your point, but accusing you of being guilty of what you were calling out. And I’m not. I would never accuse you of low-quality posting, Val. That’s ridiculous, and you know it.

What I tend to accuse you of is stupidity. :stuck_out_tongue:

of course you wouldn’t. I am one of the IGS greatest posters after all. Many of my posts have won awards.

If that’s directed at me, pilot, I’m an Achur. You can think of us as a super-diverse cousin faith to the Way of the Winds, and also maybe the cluster’s weirdest and most reluctant theocracy?

2 Likes

Now that’s outrageous degree of hypocrisy.
Arrendis accusing people in stupidity is the same as…
Gurista accusing people in piracy;
Amarr accusing people in slavery;
Minmatar accusing people in being freedom fighters;
Gallentean accusing people in being hedonists;
Rogue drones accusing someone in being artificial;
Or even a fedo accusing someone in being pink.

Strike commander, she’s trolling you, and you keep taking the bait.

It’s best to ignore people who are stupid, less they drag you down and beat you with experience.

Are you really asking me how we know that the one FTL communications technology we have is used to transmit the data on capsuleer brainstates from pod to clone bay in no more than half a second, regardless of distance?

Are you going to next demand to know how we know that 1+1=2 even if we’re talking about bananas, not apples?

No, I was calling Val stupid. Diana’s got nothing to do with me thinking Val’s stupid. Cuz I think Val’s stupid.

Again, you missed it.

I was using language that strike commander kim understands and telling her in a subtle way that her zealous passion tends to leave her open for trolling attacks, which for some reason, that I can’t fathom, she engages with.

Return to the previous posts and you will see that’s why that many theorize that the Jovian Capsuleer technology exploits the quantum physics. But it’s nor confirmed, nor denied. Are you an expert of Jovian technology?

I have never claimed to be perfect. Sure, I make the occasional gaffe, often while under the influence of various alcoholic beverages, but I am most definitely not stupid.

Ignorant, bigoted, prejudiced, judgemental, sure. But not stupid.

So your position is that we mass-produce cloning bays without having any understanding of what communications technology is embedded into them?

Instead, citadel clone bays, Titan clone bays, Rorqual clone bays, they all contain some other method for FTL communication, capable of transmitting massive amounts of data across literally any distance, one for which there is absolutely no evidence? And at no point did anyone in any of the empires or the pirate nations decide ‘you know, we could probably use this tech for our normal communications, too, and get around CONCORD’s control of the fluid router system’?

No, I am not an expert on Jovian technology. But I am an engineer, and I’ve built plenty of capital components in my time. I’ve seen no evidence of any unknown technology in the clone vat bay blueprints I’ve used. So, before you go conjuring up the idea that there’s some other tech in there, maybe provide anything that shows there needs to be?

Right now, you’re looking for unicorns in your sock drawer. And for the record, QEHe4 is exploiting quantum physics. We already do that, every time we send a message in the NEOCOM channels, or here, for that matter.

A message in the NEOCOM is transferred from a machine to a machine. A consciousness is transferred from a biological entity to a machine, from that machine to another one and then, from that other machine to another biological entity.

Now, do you know how a TEBS works? Do you know how its “Highly destructive deep neural scan” works?

No, it’s not. Data is generated in a machine (the scanner) and transferred to another machine (the clone vat), whereupon the machine programs a meat-machine made of generic biomass in flash growth to generate a lump of neurons according to a pattern that matches the data.

The consciousness itself is a property of the meat over time, and so, is not transferred, any more than copying sheet music transfers the volume of a performance.

By bombarding the brain with particles, just like any other brain scan works. The TEBS is destructive because in order to generate all of the data it needs in the short time it has, it needs to use a much higher concentration of particles, and basically shreds the brain one atom-width at a time to measure their position and properties.

1 Like

These statements confirm that we’re all copies of something that generates datas from the original one, decomposing it, not transferring. Basically, the system is this:

And as you can see, there’s no “real” consciousness transference between the previous than the next one. The TEBS generates the new consciousness basing from its scan result creating perfect copies of the previous clone, but however it’s not the original one.

We returned at that typical problem of the computer science: the TEBS generates a “1” based on the information of the original “1” and then transferring this “1” to another “0” to transform it to that “1”. But in any case, the TEBS cretes a new “1”, same result of the original “1”, but not the same origin.