Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

The context of my words you cite are not even me bringing up criticism. It is me responding to allegations and rumormongering and propaganda that was aimed at us stopping our support to Edencom. The point of those words is “we see the issues; we still want to do the work”.

Again, I advice you to really think if you want me to change my stance on that. Because I assure you, it will not to change to “I absolutely love it how Amarr is hoarding all the research from Arshat”.

1 Like

I am sorry to say but it is not reasonable to expect me to not be extremely worried by the Empire’s apparent reluctance to share the Arshat research with a truly international team, thereby endangering the balance of technological power that is vital for preventing an international escalation of war, and to quietly watch while it is happening.

For you existential threats might be a new and terrifying experience, Amicia Cora. For me they are only terrifying.

2 Likes

What were the words again? Ah, yes:

Fight on, ye children of PNS

1 Like

Don’t worry, sir; we will.

EM and LUMEN don’t so much get along as semi-regularly find ourselves headed the same way with higher priorities than one another. The issues are entrenched and probably won’t go anywhere in just a lifetime or three, but there’s a sort of stability that comes out of that.

Chilly, but, that’s international politics after all. We bicker, and things get done.

6 Likes

Extremely hard for State robots who are howling and beating their chests in every thread because of the pointless pendulum war they swing on is in their favour this quarter.

Despite this, at least their leadership has seen sense and told CONCORD to bugger off. Maybe an unrestricted war will weed out the weak, and show the Collective who is worthy enough to join our ranks.

And I still do. But it does not involve the rotten carcasses of dying Empires.

Capsuleers have so much more potential than what your CONCORD Masters feed you.

Break free from that collar around your neck.

Agreed, ma’am, and by a lot, not a little.

Whose idea was it exactly to make hundreds of thousands of tiny, sovereign states, each armed with weapons of mass destruction and ruled by its own quasi-immortal petty tyrant? The Jove seem likely sponsors, but the “why” of it has never been clear.

1 Like

Speak not of that which you have no understanding of, freechild. I am as free one can be in New Eden, and I choose my people over deranged nonsense like that. Collar around your neck? Oh you poor thing, should you ever discover what that is like.

No freelancer capsuleer in New Eden can be made to wear one, and those who do choose that of their own free will.

No Gods. No Masters. Certainly not the ones you’ve chosen to become a pet of.

3 Likes

LUMEN lecturing others on misguided loyalties 48h after ramming missiles into their own militia’s structures alongside EM terrorists in the heart of Eugidi.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Ya’ know, I find the whole “you must be free from the evil of CONCORD” thing real patronizin’ myself. Like I don’t know what’s good for me. I know that me killin’ Serps, Blooders and whatnot gets me very comfortable quarters on a fancy ol’ bank vault station. Or comfortable quarters anywhere, really. I gotsa lotta money and I live damn fine. If CONCORD done got somethin’ around my neck, then their collar must be awful loose.

Also, I find the folks that espouse this tend ta’ be the type ta have no problem with indiscriminately killin’ baseliners, instead’a killin’ the ones tryna suck people’s blood out or jam folks fulla Mindflood. Or hell, even killin’ baseliners engagin’ you that are of an enemy empire, that are actively engagin’ you and for that very reason. Unfortunately it’s a position that ain’t as small as it should be.

Also ta’ clarify, I agree with you. Just seemed like the message ta’ latch this on to.

Pretty much hits the nail on the head. Triglavian supporters exchanged one set of masters for another (as evidenced by the fact they jumped to obey a command not to allow evacuations occur that they were in negotiations for), but overwhelmingly did so because they thought they’d be free to unleash unchained potential that CONCORD was apparently preventing them from being able to do, and about the only thing that could be would be more opportunities to commit violent acts on baseliners they could not before, and yet they are still hardlimited in being able to directly lock and destroy non-combat baseline vessels (outside of the odd hauler and designated targets from agent contracts), and planets, so there goes that one.

They also don’t really demonstrate much of their beloved ‘proving’ ideology, cowering in stolen star systems and getting fat from the loot of wrecks that they already had ample opportunity to do within CONCORD’s and the Empire’s umbrella, so once more there goes that mythological optimum self improvement idea.

I think that’s about it for summing them up? I can’t think of much else significant they do to ‘prove’ themselves and grow stronger that anyone else isn’t doing, or other things to ‘change the cluster’ in wide sweeping strokes since the most active phase of the invasion. It’s farcical.

4 Likes

They and their masters both studiously avoided ‘proving’ their flow in regions where capsuleers could escalate in response, that’s for damned sure.

I know I’ve mentioned it before, but can you imagine being a Trig and looking upon New Eden and Pochven now? The sheer level of disappointment and disgust as they look upon their new pets. Aiming for howling wolves and ending up with whining lapdogs.

It was rather inevitable, of course. Those who would indeed align with Proving and a violent marketplace of ideas would by default challenge these newcomers in that exact way and pit themselves against new masters and gods to see what their mettle was worth. They’ve already done the same to everything else in New Eden, through discourse, combat or philosophy as is, and have already found themselves the ground that stands strongest and tallest according to their ideals, strength and vision.

I’ve made no secret out of quite enjoying and appreciating what little we know of Triglavian ways and culture, Proving in particular. I suspect they’d rather approve of my choice in loyalties and means used in their protection.

Since I don’t think they’re stupid, I find it entirely possible that they knew they’d be ‘recruiting’ the weak willed, the fearful and the lapdogs while those who’d actually embrace their philosophies would indeed stay opposed. It is, after all, core to their ways as far as we understand them.

I wonder what it’ll look like in a decade’s time, as communication increases and New Eden readjusts to this new fifth nation. I suspect we’re going to find that relations might hinge a lot more on who opposed them and how, rather than who flocked to cower under their protected skies.

… or I could be wrong and the Triglavians themselves might be yappy little dogs playing pretend too. We’ll see, I suppose.

1 Like

Were they really aiming for howling wolves, though? From the start their message was ‘do it our way’, which is kind of a recipe for… well, sheep in wolves’ clothing, so to speak.

Yeah, that tracks. After all, the people who’d align with their philosophy would be the ones responding to ‘prove your flow or be extirpated’ with ‘prove yours, punks’.

1 Like

sheep will always go obediently to beheaded…

the wolf will always remain untamed…

Cool! Thanks!

If memory serves, and pardon me, I am a bit of a bystander but tend to keep informed… that particular situation was a form up between allies of Phoenix Naval Systems who nominally aren’t particularly friendly to eachother but both retain obligations to PNS, and as such made the elective choice to honor their fleet agreements so long as there were more interesting targets to be had, and doesn’t particularly extend beyond that. Its much the same as many militia pilots forming and fleeting with otherwise ‘unsavories’ to their usual interests for a given purpose in my mind.

6 Likes

Pretty grim really.

A pretty standard practice of capsuleers of all origin, really. Even those that argue against it do so readily enough when it suits their needs.

2 Likes

More than just capsuleers. It’s a mainstay element of diplomacy that sometimes, you have to work with people you don’t like in order to meet your obligations to allies.

3 Likes