Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Cmdr. Suzaku, I am standing not for defense of WC Malitia, but for accusation of Jaijii who were slandering her. Did they present any cases against her?

For sure I would present a case against them for public slander and defamation as accuser - if you can manage to make them appear for the court.

Though speaking about the arbitration, you haven’t replied on my last NeoCom mail in regard of arbitration of another (more internal) offender, have you?

Whoa…

I now wonder, was giving a comment about a person’s filthiest part a direct insult, or just her being generally toxic?

If your buttocks are filthy you’re doing something wrong.

Is it? Or is it, rather, choosing to believe both her words and her actions in support and defense of the Collective?

2 Likes

The way it grounds the Reclaiming in treachery and theft is definitely interesting. I especially liked the bit where the Amarr culture was so weak and unappealing to its people that just having options convinced them to ‘leave forever’.

It’s nice to see you guys haven’t changed.

I see that quite a few of us are having their cake day today.

Or, perhaps it grounds the Reclaiming in a response to soveriegnty being violated by a colonial power.

However, like all tales, it says more about the composer than the event it tells. In this case, the chain of transmission does not reach past the Moral Reforms.

Happy cake day @Arrendis

Everyone who used the forums the day this iteration went live, yes.

1 Like

The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Indeed they aren’t. Still another lens would be that the initial treachery was the violation of hospitality, where a once welcome guest overstayed a welcome and became beligerent, threatening violence when asked to leave.

But really, there are probably more possible morals to a story like this than there are readers.

Indeed. Yet another reading could be that the Amarr ‘Emperor’ (but how is one an emperor w/out having an empire yet?) was naive and foolish, and conducted diplomacy by speaking to the Udorian ambassador, rather than sending his own to their ruler(s), and conducting diplomacy with them.

Arrendis… pendancy doesn’t translate well to old stories. But this one is pretty clear that the Amarr and the Emperor thought they were alone initially at the start of this one, so… well… an Empire if one rules all the known world one sees at the time?

Except they didn’t…

They clearly knew there were other lands, because they knew they were ‘in exile’ and the Assimians existed.

The Empire was declared when Emperor Amash-Akura of Dam-Torsad unified Amarr island. That was several thousand years before the setting of this story.

And please do remember that translation issues exist. You seem to be working with a narrow definition of Empire, though I cannot be certain.

I would almost agree, but then I realized it depends on the something and/or someone you are doing.

Whichever is most convenient in the moment, and you are demonstrably evil in her preferred way by requiring intellectual honesty, consistency in logic, or even consistency in stated belief.

It’d be hilarious if it weren’t so thoroughly tiresome.

2 Likes

Also, given that the Amarr had no ocean going ships, sending an ambassador to the non-unified Udorian states would have required them to trust the very people who were refusing to leave.

Given that Amarr had no ocean-going ships, finding out such vessels existed and someone else had them should have made developing some the top priority of the imperial military. And what with all those people leaving, it’s clear they had the opportunity to examine the vessels, and even hire a few shipwrights wherever they landed.

I have raised concerns about imbalances in distribution and use of resources.

Not once have I failed to provide support where needed.

Even now, you have your installations in Arshat because I and mine secured you that system.

I’d be careful about attributing any of these current problems to myself and making me rethink these priorities.

1 Like