Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Come now, Sprinkle, the Prophecy’s design is based off of ancient Amarrian warships and they should be respected as a fearsome combat ship…

Even if they do look a bit like Chonktastic Birbs.

3 Likes

Honestly, you didn’t try very hard. Each time someone challenged your one-tracked mind about how everyone owes the Empire concessions just because it was not actively crusading right now, you always recoiled back to the same snide-militant rhetoric your posts usually do, like the one I’m quoting right now.

Well, now I suppose I need to make it more than rhetoric.

Perhaps then you will realise I was speaking sense.

I suppose, if slow murder of our people is sense. I mean, I’m sure it makes sense to you.

Oh, he has put a decent amount of effort into trying to uphold the ideals of the Pax Amarria. The problem is at the first major time those ideals need defending is when he stopped. It doesn’t take overthrowing to ask or simply write your name to having asked for your superiors to think about the concequences of their decree. Not casting blame squarely on him, but if he truly stood for the ideals of the Pax Amarria this would have ■■■■ up any detractors, a make or break moment I guess.

Well … even then, he and his family are Sarum vassals, Deitra. I think a lot of PIE is, or has strong Sarum ties. For them even to question would be, well, questionable.

Others have more room to maneuver, but it’s understandable if those close to House Sarum don’t appreciate it much.

5 Likes

That actually crossed my mind a minute or two after posting, good point none the less.

1 Like

Speaking as a kinda-sorta outsider it’s going to be really interesting seeing how all of this develops.

Although … a lot of people I’m close to, to one degree or another, are pretty unhappy with each other right now. It’s not like I can just watch this in a totally detached way. There are people I want to tell that it’s okay, that I understand their position, that they’re forgiven, who I expect would feel compelled to say that there’s no other position to understand, and no wrong that needs forgiving.

And of course, to them, they’re right. If they’re true to who they are, their course is the only one open to them.

It’s like watching a play or holoflick, a tragic drama. But … these are my friends, my loved ones, every single person I’m close to.

It’s fascinating. I hate it.

3 Likes

I’m sure we’ll make up. No family goes without some arguments.

4 Likes

Making up won’t work in all cases.

Well, not for you.

Don’t pretend Samira doesn’t look fantastic in makeup.

1 Like

I don’t know if interesting would be a good discription. Concerning definately, I don’t know how this will realistically end well.

How to describe a situation depends a lot on where you sit in respect to it, Deitra. If future historians will pour over records of a certain period with rapt attention, salivating over every detail, it’s pretty easy to say it’s “interesting.” Doesn’t make it fun to live through, though.

In a sense, I’m kind of an outsider to all of this-- still the visitor composing her travel journal. I have a lot of friends, here, and I’m sworn to Directrix Daphiti’s service, but I’m not an Imperial subject or a believer in the Imperial cause in any direct sense. Similarly, I wouldn’t say I’m one of its victims, either recently or historically. It’s not like I have no ties to this at all, but nothing that goes to the core of my identity. My stake is limited …

… to nearly everyone I care about.

Not a lot of fun, but I still have a more detached perspective than almost all Amarr or Matari. If I put worrying about friends and loved ones aside, I might have more in common with an excited historian than with those whose own personal history, beliefs, and national identity bind them inescapably into these events.

4 Likes

My fear is your kin won’t be detached from the situation. Is it a hard pull to see defensive pacts enacted? If this is what is to be I would still rather see it limited in scale, that doesn’t mean I don’t believe the opposite.

Really? Because lately you could’ve totally fooled me.

3 Likes

Your perceptions and understandings of me don’t bind me much, Teinyhr, even the accurate ones. Wrong ones, even less.

2 Likes

Mining, drilling and otherwise harvesting State personnel is strictly prohibited.

She probably meant blocking herself, since I don’t remember when Rella really was able to bring a real counter argument to any discussion other than her irrational hatred and pathetic whining with insults to other participants just because she disagrees with them.

It’s days like this that I miss reading what @Valerie_Valate had for breakfast in this thread…