Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

A rude uncouth forum troll like Rella speaking about posting privileges?
Well, I am all in for CONCORD to tighten it severely, then we wouldn’t have to hear your savage uncultured speech anymore!

Not “her usual”.
Really, YOUR usual

Provided my arguments weren’t failing, I wonder what’s going on in your skull? I hope clone technicians haven’t forgot there some sort of huge thick iron bolt by mistake?

Ah, the “No you” argument. Classic.

1 Like

Because she is.
Bigoted and vitriolic.
Even dares to blame me in failing arguments.
Like any of my arguments ever failed?
Can someone bring at least one of my failed argument, eh? eh? EH? :laughing:

Not especially. After all, as you point out, the only ‘creator’ species that monitors its creations that we have any evidence for… is us. And while we definitely do see us, any observer would, by necessity, observe their own existence. So we can’t take our existence to be anything more significant or more archetypal than ‘whatever ‘you’ are, you’ll see you’.

Right now, all of our cosmoarchaeology indicates that every ‘precursor’ civilization we’re aware of… is also us. Our best theories indicate that the cosmos should, by sheer happenstance, give rise to multiple iterations of something at least vaguely similar… at least, insofar as ‘a naturally-occurring aggregation of processes that demonstrates the capacity to manipulate its environment, co-opt other natural processes, and uses this manipulation and co-option in a recursive cycle that gives this distinct process aggregate the ability to move information from one place to another at increasingly greater distance and speed, in a manner consistent with intent’ is similar to us.

The cosmos should, eventually, give rise a bunch of those. Whether or not they would be close enough to one another to ever exchange information in any way… that’s up for debate. But ‘eventually’ is a big factor here. How long should it take for random mechanistic process to hit the right combination? No idea. Maybe… we’re just one of the early ones.

Either way, the fact that we see us… doesn’t really provide any indicator that there should be some ‘super-us’ out there as a template we’re following without our awareness. Only that, axiomatically, we have to see ‘us’. Because ‘us’ is the ones looking.

This is an impossible task. Not because your arguments never fail, but because you believe that they never fail. It’s impossible to prove facts to someone whose cognitive dissonance won’t acknowledge them.

3 Likes

That’s impossible because you actually FAIL to bring at least a single example, instead running your trollish mouth against me. When I bring arguments, I do bring facts, and I do consider all real facts provided to me, which clearly people like you fail to comprehend.

You are a liar and a slanderer - and that’s the fact, because you dared to blame me in “cognitive dissonance” and that I don’t acknowledge facts.

Now begone, fool.

Make me.

1 Like

I already made you look fool. I asked at least someone to bring exact evidence. And yet you did what? Erupted with empty insults and accusations against me instead of actually showing any of my bad arguments. But you know what’s more funny? I did have some bad arguments in the past and was wrong, and had to apologize. Because I am just a human, and all human do mistakes. You didn’t even bother to find them - instead picking a route to show off your utter incompetence to the forum. Yes, I risked, knowing I did some mistakes in the past, but on the other hand, I pretty much knew that none of the trolls will actually bother finding them. You did as I planned and showed what you are instead of showing I was wrong somewhere.

GG.

1 Like

Do you think this thread has gone on long enough ?

• Yes
  • No
  • Bananas
  • Checkbox
  • Sausages are the most patriotic fruit

0 voters

It’s only 1/3 the length of its predecessor. Don’t make me change the name back, just so we can ping-pong conversations between the two whenever they tangent around within being off-topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

The posting shall continue until morale improves !

2 Likes

I know. It’s all terribly arcane and hard to understand. I mean, how do ships get made? What’s the actual process for turning money into ships? Clearly, all very far over my head. I shall have to console myself with celebrating the completion of the Strategic Logistics Reserve next month, while RepSwarm Industries has been continuously meeting all of the frigate and cruiser logistics needs for the Imperium for the last three years.

There’s less need to be modest when you’re actually doing the job.

1 Like

Are you trying to take my job? Is that what the issue is? I can assure you, it’s certainly not what you think it is.
Or do you want someone to give you a title because you have repeatedly managed to not stuff up blueprint instructions?

No one has ever suggested that I manufacture things. It would incredibly unwise for me to start doing something that I simply have no aptitude for.
A “certain Lord Consort” letting off steam after a drink is perfectly fine. When he has legitimate concerns, just like anyone else that matters, he raises them the way that gets results.

If you’re going to misuse my honorifics, at least use the right honorifics. Maybe ask someone what the big words mean, you might learn something.

Ascentior,
Admiral of Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris,
Paladin Commander of the Excubitoris Chapter of the Sacred Throne Order,
Honorary Fabricator-General of the Imperial Navy

Take your job? Why would I want it? Is this more of that amazing Amarr culture, where you can only imagine people taking issue with a claim if they want something?

When I decide to actually misuse your honorifics, though, instead of continuing to needle you over your own claims the last time you wanted to accuse me of only measuring ‘leadership’ in terms of FC performance, I’ll let you know.

I suppose at this point it would be inconvenient to let facts disrupt your message. Carry on.

1 Like

Else, are you really so convinced of your unambiguous righteousness that you think I’d be on your side if I weren’t associated with Directrix Daphiti?

I would not.

If we leave aside my oath, I’m a foreigner to both parties. To the extent that your conflict with the Amarr is a matter of your people and theirs, it’s none of my business. To the extent that it entangles the Federation and State, though, it becomes the business of every Caldari citizen and client by proxy.

My home, Achura (Saisio III), is in the Caldari State. You know the State. We’re a bit friendly with the Amarr? We’re a bit formally at war with your nation right now, along with the Federation? I might be jaalan, and worse, but I’m no traitor, and the Matari habit of constantly speaking of “your people” constantly reminds me that “your people” are none of mine. Even if I’m a little sympathetic, that doesn’t keep me from seeing the balance of power-- and the importance of maintaining that balance for my people’s sake.

When I look at you, I see someone who thinks everybody everywhere should go all-in for her people because apparently they’re innocent victims and deserve everyone’s help, but who’s far too busy trying to right the wrongs done to them to care much about collateral damage to people who aren’t hers, innocent or not. All-out war between you and the Empire probably means all-out war between the Federation and State, since neither can let the balance of power shift against them.

But you don’t care, do you? You think it’s worth it. Maybe it is, for your people. Your people are fanned out across the stars, so maybe you can afford to lose planet after planet after planet to your longed-for war. We don’t have that luxury. With rare exceptions, the Achura are confined to a single world, and we don’t control its starports. All it would take is one doomsday strike and we’d likely be functionally extinct.

When I look at you, I see a warmongering wretch, a threat to what passes for peace in this cluster and therefore to my home.

I don’t talk about this side of my thoughts much. After the harm I’ve done to my family, I barely have the right. But that doesn’t make it less true.

Even without Directrix Daphiti or any other attachments to the Empire, you’d get no help from me.

4 Likes

Who said anything about being on my side?

But you definitely have yourself said repeatedly that you are on the Amarr side out of personal commitments - love - to those close to you. And you have repeatedly failed to see the evil they do, as you did here, claiming it is not a war because we can sit it out.

3 Likes

Those are some strong words from someone who fights for a cause they claim not to believe in (though your words are often one and the same with slavers), all because someone gave you a blanket and some soup. I believe I’ve said this before.

4 Likes

I work for a person I believe in. The cause is hers. But I was working for her Empire’s side before that, with PY-RE. I don’t feel a lot of deep loyalty to the State, but it is the shield of my homeworld. Is it so strange if the place I’ve found is one that isn’t in heavy tension with other things I value?

Your people are your people, Teinyhr. I’m not blind to their situation, but I’m not about to side with you and False Light (Ms. “How to Foment Rebellion” over there) against mine. Even if I’d come to you first …

People like to point to the tension between my loyalty to one of the Amarr and my loyalty to my home and my own faith. It’s true that there’s a tension there, but it’s a potential tension: something that could achieve reality and importance in the years to come-- or not. Even so, I get nightmares sometimes.

But that’s nothing to what aiding you would do. I don’t hate the Federation, but I could never take its side against the State. In the end, your fight isn’t truly separable from that: the idea of the Matari and Caldari as natural allies is a romantic notion. The State and Republic have kind of flirted from time to time, but in the end the balance of power doesn’t allow for anything lasting.

It’s a fool who thinks you’d betray your friends in the Federation-- and they have been friends to you. So even if you had found me first, I don’t think we’d be on the same side, Teinyhr. There’s nothing so compelling about your cause that it would make a traitor out of me.

Also, and lastly, I believe humans are foolish creatures that need to be guided and controlled. For that belief, whether I stand in the State or Empire, I am on the right side.

1 Like