Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Well, the word “camp” also suggests the occupants are to be accommodated in some manner within them. This was not the case on Kahah.

Pfft. There’s plenty of places on a planet for people to sleep. And if they don’t like laying on the dirt… well, they can just wait for the artillery to fix that for them, right?

1 Like

noun: camp ; plural noun: camps

a place with temporary accommodation of huts, tents, or other structures, typically used by soldiers, refugees, or travelling people.

This is not what they were in. The term you are looking for is:

killing zone

noun: kill zone

the area of a military engagement with a high concentration of fatalities.

rebellion, n.
an act of armed resistance to an established government or leader
synonyms: uprising, revolt, insurrection, mutiny, revolution, insurgence, riot;
civil disobedience, civil disorder, unrest, anarchy;
coup, regime change

Hope this helps, have a nice day.

1 Like

They were slaves. They were accommodated for years prior to the Deathglow attack and uprising. Possibly with walls. Plenty of slave districts have walls.

And just like that, the off topic thread becomes a military dictionary…

2 Likes

So now its on topic then?

I think?

Well, considering it’s an off-topic thread, it’s not supposed to have a topic.
Thus, any time it has a coherent topic, it is off-topic.
And therefore, on-topic.

4 Likes

Set theory paradoxes, in my random banter thread? It’s more likely than you’d think.

1 Like

Does a set of all sets contain itself?

Can you put a portable hole into a bag of holding ?

If you use Triglavian gravitational shielding Im sure you could.

1 Like

Okay, lets look at this from the sensual point of view.
I do love when my feet are warm, it feels very nicely, and having soft wool socks can feel awesome. Oh the other hand, being otherwise naked doesn’t help it. It doesn’t help absolutely. Imagine sitting on your metal couch. Or even on a metal chair with hands on your metal desk. No, of course they have normal room temperature, but they have incredibly high thermal conductivity. They work as heat sinks for your body, quickly taking away heat from you to dissipate it in bulk of it’s mass. It makes you feel very cold. The clothes act as thermal insulators.

And while I do love comfy warm socks, lack of other equipment really doesn’t make up for it.

That’s not a couch. A couch has cushions. That’s a bench.

1 Like

Shut up, Arrendis, nobody cares.

Lemme 'splain why that’s not helping you:

When I said it, I saw you were typing, and so dropped it in pre-emptively, which made it actively dismissive. When you say it as a response, it just comes across like you tucking your tail between your legs and running away because you know you’re wrong, and can’t respond. After all…

And, just to be even more of a pedantic jerk about it, me taking the time to drop this bit of pedantic jerk-ery doesn’t even help you, because everyone already knows I’m a pedantic jerk.

But what’re really sad is the way you’re so completely at a loss for any actual way to respond, you’re just parroting me and hoping it isn’t completely transparent. (It is. Sorry.)

2 Likes

Nobody cares. Shut up, Arrendis.

Awwhh, she likes you so much she tries to be you.

2 Likes

In fairness to Diana, there is nothing worse than a man wearing only socks. It’s basically a hate crime against whoever sees him.