Offensive character names

I just wanted to check: I know you can get away with a lot in terms of what you can name your toons, but is ‘Adolf hitlel’ even allowed, or do I go ahead and file a petition? Being a play on ‘Adolf Hitler’ I wouldn’t have thought CCP wouldn’t be too keen on Nazi imagery (especially with the stuff going on in the US right now).

I’ve recently filed a ticket for a name problem but what they told me was that they will begin an investigation and any details about the punishment won’t be shared with you. They deal directly with the player in question so they can’t show or tell what they will do due to their third party policy or some such.

Doesn’t seem like they will do anything in my case but good luck to you.

I know how the process works, I just wanted to find out if it’s worth petitioning names or if it’s just one of those things that will get my petition tossed.

I wasn’t gonna say it but I guess what the heck. CCP leans in your favor I think. Racist stuff yeah I think you got a good shot.

This game community won’t leave GoT spoilers or real life problems at the log in screen

1 Like

If you think that the name is inappropriate, go ahead and submit a ticket. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL some people

On my way!

What’s offensive and what’s not differs in cultures and languages, so they need to take a deeper look or maybe ask someone from that country what it actually means…

Our little Adolf might be from Africa or Brazil and it could be his real name… you gonna ban a guy for his real name? That’s racist!!1111 :laughing:

Since this is in the hands of our capable GMs, I’ll lock this thread now.