This thread will be used to note significant revisions and additions to the lore as they are made on fiction.eveonline.com and/or other locations containing lore and official CCP fiction.
A longstanding and deeply entangled contradiction concerning the location of the city of Mithuris on Matar recently came to light during the researches of the Minmatar Cartographical Society.
- Mithuris was mentioned as the home town of Karin Midular close to a crystal plateau (Ray of Matar story)
- Mithuris was mentioned as a location in the Coricia continent close to the “Crystal Steppe” (Matar article)
- Mithuris was mentioned as being located in the Mikramurka continent and again as home town of Karin Midular (Karin Midular article / Karin Midular funeral news)
- Mithuris mentioned as being in Coricia continent, attacked by Amarr and “seat of tribal assembly” (The Elders article)
- Conflicting mentions of Mithuris in Game World News articles
To resolve this contradiction and be equitable regarding the interwoven issue of “crystal plateaus” the following broad revision has been made:
- Mithuris is a city in the Mikramurka continent with a small crystal plateau known as the Crystal Steppe close to it. Mithuris remains the home town of Karin Midular.
- Kulburis is a city in the Coricia continent with a large crystal plateau known as the Crystal Desert located nearby. Kulburis is therefore the once devastated and now regenerating city in the south of the main continent.
- The broader effect of this is to indicate ancient colonization landings took place on both Coricia and Mikramurka, resolving that aspect of the contradiction without picking between them.
Revised lore articles:
Related lore articles:
Girani-Fa System and Treaty
Recent World Events brought to notice a minor confusion/contradiction between several lore articles and the status in game of the star system of Girani-Fa in the Genesis region.
- Girani-Fa is Amarr sovereignty in game, is not an FW system and appears to have been Amarr sovereignty throughout the life of the game.
- The Quafe chronicle describes a dispute with the neighboring Gallente Federation over the system that was resolved in terms of mining rights for the Gallente and mineral supply concessions for the Amarr. The ambiguous term “Gallente control” was used to describe the post-agreement situation in the chronicle.
- Girani-Fa and Girani-Fa Incident articles used language taken directly from the Quafe chronicle.
- Articles describing the history of the Amarr Empire and the Gallente Federation noted the system was formally Amarr-owned in YC95. They also explicitly noted Amarr sovereignty was maintained with Gallente rights being for mining and mentioning the “cost mineral sales” deal with the Amarr.
The reality is the Girani-Fa system is an Amarr system in game, was described as such explicitly in at least two lore sources, and the conflicting language in three other lore sources was ambiguous.
Revisions have been made to all relevant articles to make clear that:
“Once disputed territory between the two empires, the system remains under Amarr sovereignty, with the Gallente having rights to mine there as long as they sell a fixed amount of minerals to the Amarrians each year at cost price.”
Minor updates to reflect current Federation President
Update to Matar article to reflect consistent name for the Pator sculpture known as “The Eternal Flame”. Some minor expansion of the lore on this structure and the “Pre-Collapse Station” are included in this change.
Lore on this sculpture had given the name “The Eternal Flame” or “The Eternal Torch” in the Matar article and in different news references.
After internal discussion, we are aligning on “The Eternal Flame” going forward.
Some significant revisions and additions to Minmatar lore on the fiction portal have been made as the celebrations of Liberation Day get underway.
- Minmatar Rebellion
- Brutor Tribe
- Krusual Tribe
- Sebiestor Tribe
- Vherokior Tribe
- Thukker Tribe
- Thukker Council
- Nefantar Council
- Starkmanir Council
Overview of Changes
- Complete revision of Minmatar page in line with EVE Source to serve as an overview of Minmatar Tribes and leadership of Republic. Sanmatar page has new section on the position added too.
- Major additions to Minmatar Rebellion page and revision in line with EVE Source.
- Update of Minmatar NPC corporation pages to reflect some expanded lore
- Minor updates to Nefantar and Starkmanir pages to reflect above changes
These changes are being made as an ongoing project to update lore where needed. They are not necessarily definitive or final in terms of overall Minmatar lore. Nor is the effort limited to the Minmatar, but this is Liberation Day week so here we are.
With release of EVE Universe (which is a significantly upgraded and expanded version of the previous fiction.eveonline site) there are many major revisions and additions.
Given the number of changes and additions this post will be a brief overview.
EVE Universe has been upgraded to improve navigation through linking to pages and subsections of pages.
Floating contents has been added to aid navigation within longer articles (which are numerous).
Search functionality has been totally overhauled and can be narrowed to specific categories (eg. Chronicles, New Eden News, etc)
Front Page overhauled to include standard categories but topped with large discovery section designed to highlight new and updated Lore, Chronicles and New Eden News
Discovery feature “Related Posts” → “More Like This…” added to help exploration of lore
Content loading and paging has been significantly improved
“Game World News” from community.eveonline.com plus many historical lore news pieces from eveonline.com news have been integrated into new category “New Eden News”. EVE Universe is the new home of EVE’s in-character news in terms of original publication. “Interstellar Correspondents” in-character news also moves to EVE Universe.
The majority of text content from the EVE: Source book (published 2014) has been integrated into EVE Universe content. A rough page-based estimate would be approximately 90% of text content has been edited, integrated and published to EVE Universe and is therefore free for all to view.
Additionally, some text content from Frigates of EVE (2017) has been published to EVE Universe (two chronicles and one scientific article).
All empire and pirate factions have had appropriate revisions to their introductory “Faction” category pages.
All empire and pirate factions have had the bulk of material from their EVE: Source chapters integrated into the in-depth “Lore” category articles for these factions.
Most minor factions had updates to their “Faction” and “Lore” articles, where possible, to include material from EVE: Source.
All stories from EVE: Source have been published as chronicles, together with some chapters or sections from EVE: Source that are suitable as traditional EVE chronicle content, rather than lore category articles. Together with the Frigates stories, this amounts to 8 chronicles that have not previously been published online, most of significant length.
Certain chapters or sections from EVE: Source have been made into lore category articles as appropriate. Small number of scientific article category items added from EVE: Source and Frigates books.
For all of the above, various images from EVE: Source and Frigates added to appropriate articles, chronicles, etc.
AIR now has faction and lore category articles
EDENCOM and Triglavian Collective now have faction category articles
Previous “Corporations” category has been retired and Corporation sections added to factions, or in the case of empires, articles listing corporations by broad areas of activity added.
In terms of content, this update establishes a new baseline set at the lore as of the publication of EVE: Source plus any updates to the previous fiction portal since that time.
Combined with much improved backend authoring and frontend functionality, we are now set up for maintaining, updating, adding and, where needed, revising the lore of EVE Online.
The intention is to continue at a steady pace, subject to requirements of development of EVE Online, to bring EVE Universe to a consistent and up-to-date state.