Omega Daily rewards?!

Why? Why is it intended to let the booster be applied at once? I mean, like… How is that a smart move? I should be able to activate the booster when I wanted to use it. Im not fighting currently. Im sitting docked.

So whats your answer on that?

3 Likes

Well thanks for the warning.

I guess we now have a new minigame. “Guess whether it’s applied immediately or not?” that we get to play every time there’s a login prize campaign.

3 Likes

Yeah its so utterly stupid i dont have words. I don’t care about this stupid booster. I care about the game, and this move is so utterly garbage. Why would it be applied at once. This booster just became a fart in space, because im docked and currently im not looking for a fight.

3 Likes

It’s not much of a game, the text popping up when you try to claim it in-game clearly states that it’s going to activate and apply immediately. The real game is figuring out why they thought that was a good idea.

Tomorrow’s gift will probably be a medium secure container that tries to anchor when claimed.

5 Likes

Ah, you’re claiming it in-game. See some of us just drop stuff onto characters in the character selection screen, and there’s no warning whatsoever.

2 Likes

That might be from WOW. I think there’s certain types of equipment that can become bound to a specific character, which prevents it from being sold -presumably, to prevent players from being able to buy it on the market, and forcing them to grind the content a bunch to get what they want.

2 Likes

Can you please pass along the fact that immediately applying boosters upon redemption makes the booster useless and therefore extremely frustrating for the player?

If the devs ( or marketing or whoever has made this decision) don’t want us making ISK off these boosters, then make them untradeable. That would be frustrating too, but a lot less so.

2 Likes

The wording is ridiculous. Easy to guess where it’s coming from. Thanks for the information.

Can you please pass along the fact that immediately applying boosters upon redemption makes the booster useless and therefore extremely frustrating for the player?

Already done mate, I hear you guys on how this can be an annoyance and I’ve brought it up for discussion.

11 Likes

Really? Now that probably qualifies as a bug. I think. It’s pretty hard to tell these days, when the intended behaviour is so pants-on-head.

Almost 17 years in operation, and CCP still hasn’t learned to ask the question “What will an actual player think of this new idea we came up with?” before implementing it.

(PS: because I just had this question outside the forum: An ‘actual’ player is not a theoretical player in the mind of CCP who will see something new in the game and read the description and go “Hey that’s cool I’ll have fun with that!”. An actual player is one who launches the game, logs in, waits while the game loads, ends up (usually) in a station or (sometimes) in space, has a plan for what they intend to do in-game today, then they look at the ‘new idea’ and decide if/how its going to benefit them. In this case, as in so many others, it leaves players scratching their heads and thinking “Does anyone at CCP even understand their own game?”.)

11 Likes

From what I see with my 4 accounts, it’s random.

This is my oldest account and it received 4.5k SP’s. This account is 11 1/2 yrs old, main character has well over 200 mill SP’s and the other 2 characters have just under 5 mill SP’s.

My second oldest account received 6k SP’s. It’s over 10 yrs old and main character has close to 60 mill SP’s, 2nd character has 12 mill SP’s and 3rd character has 9 mill SP’s.

The other 2 accounts are just over 1 year old, 1 account received 4.5k SP’s and the other account received 6k SP’s. All characters on those 2 accounts have around 6 mill SP’s

1 Like

Back after a very long absence, not surprised that the first item I get free is an immediate activated booster, also not surprised that after 17 years CCP is trying to force PVP battles, then call it “emergent gameplay”… LOL

Aside from that, it’s good old EVE, still holds its age well, and still trying to wrap my head around the changes. Oh and whoever thought it was a good idea to introduce the Upwell structures… I’m sure they were hot at first, but lots of them that I’ve seen are powered down, undockable or whatever, just a bunch of overview clutter.

Fly safe everyone!

2 Likes

It´s not that they are useless because of it, but usually you want to activate your boosters when you are about to fight, not when you leave the station and start roaming for half an hour. Until then, those combat boosters have long run out.
Automatic activation makes sense with SP-Boosters, but not really for combat boosters…

4 Likes

Will they be automatically deleted from the redeem window if not redeemed before the expiration date?

Go away.

2 Likes

Well thanks for nothing, this can’t even be activated in space, who came up with this retarded idea?

Hey CCP Aurora when i pick up my useless crate tomorrow any chance CCP could throw in a window tint for my battleship to use in the mission plexes, caus its a bit bright in there if you know what i mean. XD :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll delete them instead of looking at the red dot untill i find a use for them.

2 Likes

But they did not apply on any of my toons.
They just disappeared.