Omega Offers Unfair to Loyal subscribers

There used to be a time when they would give gifts around Christmas to people who had been subscribed for at least so many months. Then they abandoned this, don’t know why, but it was probably a decision by the same genius to stop giving gifts altogether.

Currently there is no bonus to stay subscribed to EvE, I should know, I don’t and wont, because there just isn’t a point to it.

1 Like

I think most players who have already paid for a long term subscription don’t usually pay attention to ads with subscription offers for Alpha accounts. I certainly don’t. As such I agree with the OP thread title, it’s definitely not fair to loyal subscribers.

Now it wouldn’t be any problem for CCP to show their appreciation by rewarding those faithful players who always do long term subscriptions with a ship skin or apparel item. Course if there’s a chance that item might cause a major upset in the Market, which I highly doubt would even happen, then CCP could easily make it a non trade item.

■■■■, my phone carrier does the exact same thing. must be a conspiracy.

It isn’t fair that you (and I) are not paying attention? :thinking:

You know I called up my gas company and said the same thing to them. The rep on the phone couldn’t stop laughing. I was quite angry! I pointed out I had been a loyal customer for over 15 years and that dammit they owed me some free natural gas. They hung up on me. The effrontery!

1 Like

Smoke and mirrors.

CCCP is a gaming company, not a gas company, not the phone company, other MMOs who offer subscription rewards tie them to being subscribed as of a certain date, no matter HOW you subscribe.

1 Like

Well, I hope you’re paying attention to this.

I get Emails with reduced price and free item coupons from Subway. I also get them from Marlboro too. Sears Automotive and Honda both send me reduced price coupons. AAA Insurance also gives me price reduction each year I remain a customer. 7-11 Stores give me a free cup of Coffee after I buy 6. The car wash I go to gives me a free wash after I purchase 12 of them. The list goes on.

They don’t have to do that, they do it because they’re showing their appreciation for me being a customer.

Actually no, I’m not. I’m taking my consumer surplus and I’m happy about it as opposed to griping about it.

Consumer surplus or consumers’ surplus is the monetary gain obtained by consumers because they are able to purchase a product for a price that is less than the highest price that they would be willing to pay.

If a subscriber is this upset: unsubscribe and start watching for the promos.

Yeah, that wikipedia reference doesn’t really apply. I’ve been getting those Email coupons only for the past year, I’ve been a customer with those establishments for much longer than that.

Sure it does. I pay about $120 or per year. I’d probably pay $180, maybe more for my sub. That difference is my consumer surplus.

Also, I just looked at my email, on Friday I got a notice of a 25% off sale on PLEX. Let me look at the Jita price of PLEX…yeah, PLEX in Jita also dropped by 4% as well.

The skin here is not unlike getting a 50ish free PLEX or a 10%-ish discount on 500 PLEX. Meh…seems to me they send out notices of sales.

Here is an idea…maybe their marketing department is looking at who buys things like that. I have never ever bought a skin. I do hold a fair amount of PLEX in game. So they send that account with the PLEX a notification. Hmmmm…:thinking: Kind of like how you’ll get adverts from other companies. Kind of like this?

How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did

All hail the power of the logistics regression model!

I agree with the OP as this happen to me on the same day the offer was given, yet my renewal was right after DT (which of course ccp took my money) but failed to give me the offer since it was offered PURPORSELY a few hours later.

I think its seriously unfair and wrong and this is the 2nd time they’ve done it. CCP you’re basically telling your paying customers (the few that you have) to stop Auto-payments.

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■■■■ entitlement batman!

CCP offers you something for money. You decide it’s worth the money so you pay and receive what was offered.

CCP offers something different for money, and you bitch about it because you want this AND that for the same amount of money.

IF you don’t like what is being offered for a subscription fee, don’t subscribe. Wait for an offer and then subscribe. Then see if it’s really such a great deal.

Literally the ONLY time you should get pissy is when you buy something and then a few days later, what you bought goes on sale. Has happened to me several times, and in both instances a quick petition has seen an adjustment that I was more than satisfied with.

CCP’s loyalty to its customers is actually pretty good, from my own personal experience.

2 Likes

It may seem unfair, however you are thinking along the lines of “I” I want, I need, and it is that “I” thought process that makes a person unhappy, the feeling of entitlements because of that “I” in buddhism they talk about this.

Next I invite you to look up matthew 20 1-16 in the standard bible, it is similar to what you see going on and the parable explains why it is not unfair.

While not trying to impose beliefs or religion on others it really helps so that something such as a game doesn’t make one feel as they were treated unfairly in real life, as others have pointed out, you can take advantage of the offer but you are going to need to jump through hoops.

1 Like

OP must have missed the 6 month Omega offer last week. The attached ‘Shakim Warlord’ skin (for the discerning Ragnarok pilot) was selling for about 2bn isk. Possibly worth more now the offer has run out.

2 Likes

Millennials lol so entitled!

Outed as a FOX Zombie

FOX Zombie! I am sure that means something in your head, Us normal people have no idea what you are on about.

2nd account

already received charge from CCP …paid in full

yet they still did not give me the skin… even though it was charged 1 day prior to the deadline.

funny how i have a timestamp notification of ccp’s charge from my bank account… yet ccp didn’t deliver the skin.

The injector farmers are going to be swimming in these SKINs cause they normally do plex + 2x MCT for each account…

Isn’t the SKIN for in-game purchased game time extension from New Eden Store paid by PLEX only?

I’ve added a month of PLEX time to my main (which I only PLEX to train the expanded Alpha skills) both because PLEX prices went down and because I wanted the SKIN on my main because it looks good and I’ve immediately received the SKIN in my Redeem Items so it should work but nothing indicates the offer applies to game time purchased by real life cash.

:thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t think this offer had anything to do with getting new players. I think it was managing how much plex is available in game. Plex prices start to slip down they offer a shiny thing if you use plex, which brings plex prices in game back up a little bit.

1 Like