Omega Should Include Alpha for FREE aswell

My main has over 40 mil. skill points. I have been out of game for a while. I just returned and started training an alt that was already on the account. I realized if I subbed my main my Alpha training on my alt will stop. I already had this alt on this account and I am not paying $20 to move it to another account. I have chosen not to re sub to the game because it would force me to stop the training on this alt. CCP is actually losing money because I would have re subbed if it wouldn’t stop the training on my alt. We are only allowed to train one character per account, and sense I already had this alt on the account I had to make a choice. If they ever make it to where I can continue to train this Alpha and pay to get my main going I would re sub.

1 Like

So you are saying that just because other games do something CCP should also? So much for competition. :roll_eyes:

Actually, the ones paying for two Omega accounts would still do so. They are able to log into both accounts at the same time, whereas having one Omega account, while also having one of the other characters train as an Alpha, does not.

In my opinion, CCP would make more money if they did this.

1 Like

So what you are saying is… ‘Paying for double the training rate isn’t enough for me, I want more’.
Because you could still train the alt and the main, just go week on week off, the alt would train and the main would still be able to train.
That’s why your whole argument breaks down, because you can train the alt at alpha speed and still put SP onto the main. You just have to split the training.

Two words - buddy acounts

This doesn’t work the way the OP is asking for.

You either get additional game time or 500 PLEX when the new account goes Omega.

So then you either have:

1. Additional game time on your main account, but a separate account with what goes back to being alpha after a month and has to keep training up to the 5mill max (better off training the 5 mill first and then go Omega). This leaves the person with 1-2 extra accounts again, or

2. Train the alts up and then hope CCP accept the character transfer via a support ticket, using the PLEX gained from the buddy reward. But you also had to pay the additional subscription for the buddy account. So out of pocket more compared to the OP suggestion.

I don’t like the OP’s suggestion, but I don’t think the “buddy account” suggestion has been really thought through.

Right now I get something and they get nothing. If CCP would change it my Alpha will still train but at the slower rate and they will get a paid account. From a business stand point CCP gets nothing right now. I’m not complaining because it is not costing me anything. I’m just saying CCP is making less money like this.

1 Like

But you can train your second character.
Right now you pay for 250ksp a month lets say (Whatever the actual rate is isn’t important).
Going Omega you get 500k SP a month.
It’s up to you how you split that SP.

And your second character isn’t an ‘alpha’ if you subscribe, they are an Omega, and get to use all omega skills.

2 Likes

So you are saying that I will get the same SP as I would if I just had a second free account.

And I was referring to the second character on the Omega account as an Alpha because that is how the second characters would be able to train as if CCP changed it. As the title of the thread states, “Omega Should Include Alpha …”

But that’s okay. I’ll just keep the free account and make a second one to train. Then later I may just pay the $20 to merge them into one. That way I don’t have to sub to get the same amount of SP/month and CCP will just lose out on my money for the time being.

1 Like

One is allowed to transfer characters from unsubscribed accounts?
They should stop that, it would help them making more money.

last i checked an account had to be subbed/plexed to transfer a character to it.

You will be able not only get but use these SP too.

Not that I know of. I was meaning after upgrading to Omega later down the road.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.