Omega Should Include Alpha for FREE aswell

There has ALWAYS been a restriction to train 1 character at a time. CCP caved in and allowed additional characters to train on the same account for an isk sink.

If you want to train more then 1 character on an account, pay up. Complaining because an Alpha character on an account that can only train 1 character at a time is getting ‘free’ sp, and the alts on your Omega account that can ONLY TRAIN 1 CHARACTER at a time can’t also train along with your main is kind of a silly argument.

Both Alpha and Omega are limited to 1 character per account unless you buy/use an MCT. Alpha’s ‘pay’ for those free sp that you’re complaining about by sacrificing training speed and severe skill limitations.

If you want to train alts and your main at the same time on your Omega account, then your main and the alts should be restricted to the same training speed as Alphas. This agrument won’t go anywhere though. CCP has always only allowed 1 character to train at a time (unless you want to pay for the LUXURY of training more, just recently added).

It seems like the forums have been flooded recently with people constantly bitching and moaning to make the game to be easier and easier. It’s sad, and disappointing.

1 Like

So stop paying and train them.
The reality is you aren’t actually missing out on amything. You already have the alpha sp rate on your main for free then you get the omega bonus rate added on top of that.
If you want the free alpha sp used on an alt you have to do the same as everyone else does. Stop the training on your main. At least for half a month. You can still use that omega bonus sp you pay for on your main

1 Like

Stop trying to twist things around. Doesn’t matter what the training time is, that can be changed very easily with attribute implants and neural remaps. With the recently expanded Alpha limits, those free accounts have access to a large portion of the game now with little incentive to sub their account to Omega.

Don’t know where you get this crap, Hell, you’re probably an Alpha SP farmer.

Just thought I’d break up the monotony of this thread to remind all of you that I like fish sticks…

3 Likes

Dude, stop distorting the facts.

Skill training on my PAID account has been the same for the past 10 years, the only thing that changed for subbed accounts (now called Omega) is the unskilled characters on those accounts are paying to train the same SP’s that Alpha accounts now get for free.

Also the rate of training doesn’t matter since that can be changed with attribute implants and neural remaps.

It’s not distorting the facts. When they introduced alphas that meant that the sp you get for a sub changed.
Because a sub has to be measured relative to the free option.
The problem here is your viewpoint is out of date.

The point you are missing is:

The old model does not exist anymore…

Everyone has the same basic free access to the game and by paying for omega you simply remove the alpha restrictions.

You do not pay for anything alphas get, nobody forces you to pay the subscription, it is your choice to do so to gain access to more stuff and that is all you pay for… Nothing else.

2 Likes

Wow man, good job on twisting that around.

The addition of Alpha Clones and their expanded parameters establishes a base character state, the minimum level required to play the game. Those baseline parameters should be applied to all accounts and any extra opportunities gained with a subscription should be placed on top of those baseline parameters.

Obviously those with a subscription who wanted to maintain game play-ability / access to everything previously available before the addition of Clone States have to keep their subscription active. Definitely don’t want all the invested time, effort and money to be wasted.

Anyway, thanks for pointing that aspect out to me. Now not only do I feel like I’m getting ripped off, I also feel like I’m being held hostage as well.

If you mean balance-wise, it’ll make it even easier to start up or scale up an SP farm. If you mean technically, I’m not going to touch that.

Based on what Rise said during Vegas last year, CCP’s objective doesn’t seem to be a straight Alpha >> Omega conversion. Let’s say pre-skill expansion EVE got 1000 Alphas in a month, and next month 200 were still playing as Alphas and 100 subbed; but after expansion EVE got 1000 Alphas, next month 400 were still playing and 50 subbed. One of those is a much better player retention rate, even if fewer players have become paying (yet). The longer they stick around the more likely they will eventually buy something, and in the meantime they’re keeping the game populated and lively (which possibly also helps with retention of existing subs).

The baseline is one training queue per account. Omega places faster training speed and additional permitted skills on top of that baseline.

I don’t really believe this (mostly) but the format is too good to pass up:

“MCTs were a mistake.” - Hayao Miyazaki

The training time does matter though, that’s one of the major defining distinctions between Alpha and Omega. Just as the skill and ship limitations matter. I don’t agree with CCP increasing the Alpha limits up to 20m or so. I understand and can see why they implemented the Alpha program. I believe that the point of the Alpha program could have been achieved at 10m sp, which one of the main points were to introduce new people to the game without requiring them to pay to try it out.

I’m very cautious anytime someone wants to introduce something to a game that makes it easier or more convenient by removing a difficulty in the game that makes it challenging, no matter how big or small the challenge. The more the games challenge is chipped away at, the closer it becomes WoW in space.

Stating that I have noticed a marked increase in people whining and crying for an easier game makes me an SP farmer how exactly? If anything, I think SP farmers would be a part of the “hold my hand, mommy” crowd that I’m specifically talking about.

I have absolutely nil interest or accounts/characters in any kind of SP farming, sorry to burst your bubble.

-This argument can go in circles based on your flawed interpretation of the Alpha/Omega relationship. It also will not go anywhere, but as long as you’re attempting to have a dignified discussion about it rather then attempts at silly insults, I’d be happy to help you fix that flaw like just about everyone else in this thread is trying to do. ;/

1 Like

The only one with the flawed perception here is you, especially since you’re the one who actually started with the ‘silly insults’ in your reply directed towards me:

It seems like the forums have been flooded recently with people constantly bitching and moaning to make the game to be easier and easier. It’s sad, and disappointing.

As a long time paying customer I have every right to voice my opinion about the service I receive. I don’t need anyone trying to tell me the difference between Alpha and Omega accounts, I already know all the limitations and advantages associated with those accounts.

Don’t bother talking about rate of training because that aspect only really affects new players. As an Omega character with 10 years in this game I can easily buy implants and neural remaps to manipulate that skill training rate. As for only certain skills and levels being allowed to train, great, that’s all part of the initial free 5 mill SP’s…

Anyway, nobody here can present a good reason why unskilled characters on Omega accounts shouldn’t have the same base amount of 5 mill SP’s that Alpha characters get for free.

Just because you don’t want to hear it doesn’t mean no good reasons have been 0resented.
At the point you are denying people’s reasoning you aren’t debating or looking for reasoning. You are wanting an echo chamber.

4 Likes

Its long been a “thing” in EVE, that new accounts get perks, rather than old ones.

The ideal atm, is start a new account with buddy code, wait for it to train to 5mil, then go Omega and receive a “free” PLEX + SP rewards etc from Buddy Program.

As I recall the SP reward goes to the new account immediately, and the PLEX / subscription time goes to the account that recruited it once the recruit goes omega.

Iirc, thats correct.
So you either Buddy yourself, or use a Buddy of someone that pays you a good return.

This is not true! If your account is Alpha you can train to 5 mil on one character at lowered speed. PERIOD. That is the difference with Omega account. The Omega account does NOT pay for “free” SP the way you think you gain at Alpha. The only thing your disturbed mind wants is free SP.

2 Likes

Heh, the only one here that’s disturbed is you. Only Alpha accounts train skills for free, Omega accounts don’t

Alpha accounts can train each of their 3 unskilled characters up to 5 mill SP’s for free. Skill training rate isn’t even relevant since that can be manipulated and changed with implants and neural remaps. Unskilled characters on an Omega account pay money to train the same skills that Alpha accounts get for free. That’s it, PERIOD…

1 Like

How many characters can you trai on a Alpha account? How many accounts can you train on an Omega account? the answer is the end of this bollocks topic. GO AWAY!

Skill training rate is relevant because an omega can train at more than double an alpha.
And again. You are misinterpreting what omega benefits are. Only half (roughly) your training as an omega is part of your subscription if you are low sp. The other half is free since an alpha would get this.
Now this does mean you get less for your dollars… except subscription hasn’t changed in a long time so inflation says you get more…
So an alpha does not get something that an omega doesn’t.

1 Like

This really should be a thing.

I HAVE SPOKEN !!!