Omega's Going Broke

Traders don’t really add anything of value to the game. They just siphon wealth out of the market. Kind of like boomers.

3 Likes

As I was winding my characters down, I had 8 sell orders left. They were at sale prices and even those got undercut. In the end I just pulled those 8 orders 4 got broken down into component parts and essentially given away. The other 4 orders the items I just trashed as it was preferable to messing about with the new crap market system. On the bright side at least the orders were dealt with in a couple on minutes.

1 Like

They make things available to buy! Ever thought of that? Traders are the market! Smart traders will leave this phony rigged “market” until it collapses of its own stupidity.

It is real obvious CCP fired all of their economists, and left the ignorant communists in charge. How well did that work the Soviet Union, huh?

No. People putting things on the market make things available to buy.

Trader’s just play stupid +/- 0.1 ISK games and skim wealth out of the system. They create 0 content for everyone else, other than occasionally screwing everyone over with price manipulation/gouging.

3 Likes

I only modify prices when the 90 day limit is about to run out. I used to bump the price .01, then 5 minutes later, when it would allow another modification, I would take the .01 back out.

Because of this silly change, they need a 0 ISK cost way to reset the time when you do not want to change the price.

Traders add content to traders. Of course non traders wouldn’t do so well under the old system as they were not actively trading.

As for now there isn’t any real trading profession, might as well be place and forget.

Speculators are by definition zero-risk krabs anyway. Forget em

1 Like

It’s going to get smaller and more trading will happen privately, but it’s not going to collapse.

Storm in a tea-cup.

1 Like

As a new player I can’t wait till all people who cry doom and gloom stop doing what they’re dooming and glooming about. The folks who are the set in their own ways, micromanaging and taking things WAY too seriously.

Opens up opportunities for us newer players to get in to trading without having to conform to the level of silliness that so many things in EVE seem to have devolved in to.

4 Likes

There has not been a better time for trading than now,
rubbing hands !

2 Likes

Spoken like someone that’s not new. If you were new how would you know how EVE has developed.

Because I came to EVE a few weeks ago to get in to trading as I enjoyed doing trading in Elite Dangerous, while that’s obviously a very different game and trading there is pretty much solo gameplay compared to EVE the economy in EVE sounds awesome, if scary.

And all I learned was “don’t bother if you’re alpha”, “don’t bother doing station trading in busy systems, you just won’t do well” and “I hope you enjoy watching your orders 24/7”.

I tried it, set up an order and within mere minutes or seconds someone undercut me by 0.01 isk. That’s not trading, that’s being a no lifer who gets his orgasms by playing with numbers. Probably because he won’t get it any other way.

2 Likes

So you’re a trader that doesn’t want to manage their orders, doesn’t sound like a trader to me. No idea what trading in ED was like, never played it.

Seems like the DEVS disagree with you.

2 Likes

Do what the plan is to force you to do. Sell at Blue Donut stations and make them even more carebear rich!! YAY CORRUPTION!!!

It’s actually cheaper to cancel the order and relist it than it is to modify it.
Oo

1 Like

I did try telling people that before, but I knew nothing, apparently

1 Like

Yeah…actually he’s on the right path, and it’s you that doesn’t sound like a real trader. Truly successful EvE traders don’t autist-babysit-,01iskgame their orders.

3 Likes

Literally not having alpha accounts could have solved that. It hurts botters more when you have to shell rl money to get in.

Um no. Lol