OMG, Yoiul 2017 was so depressing

Enyoy your new and improved Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V events.

Thankfully we still have Big Games :+1:

2 Likes

Santa got sacked? (double entendre…)

1 Like

I looted a “300 Billion ISK Contract Copy” with the following description:

“The documentation of a contract signing over a Chremoas class frigate and an Imp class frigate.
In the countervalue section it reads: One Friendship.”

3 cubic metres - what the hell is it inscribed on, stone tablets? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm… /me raises an eyebrow

1 Like

Somebody’s explanation in another thread made sense to me: CCP didn’t want to give away stuff for free, if it might have any isk value. Because people would just create dozens of free Alpha accounts to collect the free loot. Of course, only giving Alpha chars little trinkets could kind of solve that problem. But if they had any value at all-- kind of still a problem.

1 Like

This is what I figured but why they couldn’t restrict the hand outs to omega accounts only is beyond me. All accounts omega on the day they released the freebies get them. Job done.

5 Likes

I can hardly remember what we got last year. That one t-shirt is all I can remember, the dark blue one with the frigates on it. I never wore it.

That really nice outfit they handed out the year before though. I really liked that and it was so much more festive:

I think the point of alphas being able to farm free stuff is a good point. I also kind of wonder if the activity requirement is a secret way to get all of us undocking again and out in space… and the event was such a lazy recycle… layoffs, minimal effort… very telling.

12 Likes

No. That’s no excuse. It seems to me CCP is in a desperate bid to win Alphas over at the spite of full subscribers like myself. It pisses me off now to think full paid members are not given something to recognize their devotion to this game. I’m sorry I resubbed for the year.

But if nothing changes in 2018, I’ll dump my Omega status and become an Alpha.

6 Likes

agreed ive been playing since 05, first time we had to work for some fireworks and anything else

5 Likes

That was definitely one of the best dresses ever. Still love it.

11 Likes

You do wear it well.

4 Likes

Actually CCP could have easily limited it to active accounts that were established prior to the holidays. In fact I’m pretty sure they did that before on a previous event giveaway.

Whatever the reason is, I’ve almost lost all interest now for logging into the game. Course if CCP had done the free Yuletide 12 Day Holiday giveaway this year, I would have eagerly logged into the game on every one of those 12 days, and possibly even more.

3 Likes

According to Nozy Gamer, the boosters given away are a nice sum once combined and converted into skill injector prices. A low SP character would need 1.3 billion iSK to purchase the SPs provided by the boosters.

So economically the event was big… but it certainly lacked “Yule joy”. And probably older players really didn’t have a reason to log back, whereas I am playing WoWs like a stupid because of the “Aftvent calendar” missions (15 daily missions required over 20 days for some juicy lootboxes).

It kinda feels like CCP has given up on older (non-nullsec) players and sees them as a lost cause. Which probably is true.

3 Likes

Well lets start a rumor then to make things exciting. According to some people I talked to chat there is supposed to be a HUGE MASSIVE change coming up.

I am betting my billion isk that is finally the JOVIAN invasion.

Complete systematic obliteration of high sec trading hubs and alliances of null sec will fall by the way side.

ITS DO OR DIE TIME. Massive invasions that make incursions looks like child’s play with ships that gave 10+ every slot mechanics that destroy everything in its path.

New Tech 4 ships including Titans Dreads and Capitals with far more fire power and range which CANNOT be player captured or made but must be fought.

The ability via missions to gain faction with the Jovians therefor causing massive betrayals and backstabbing to save yourself from the horror of it all…

Just some truths coming down the line. MUHAHAHAHAH aaaaaa HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

2 Likes

Someday is snowing, another day is sunny.

Just relax and consume boosters, while this event is online.

You didn’t got bows, I made a couple of billion ISK. It’s EVE…

A lot of CCP employees got fired. Others have a lot of adapting and lots of extra work to do. They deserve time off even if you demand them for something extra not in the agreement between you and ccp.
This is hard to understand so let me give a clear example; Did YOU send everyone ingame a present and did you organise events every day the last week of 2017? If no then I am ok with it because I am not an overopinionated self centered spoiled brat. If there is free stuff and extra content thats awesome if not, eve is still a great game. Let’s hope for less salty people in 2018! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I did. I sent my corp mates some ship skins for Christmas.

4 Likes

My guess is that people created 100 alt accounts and just mega-scooped free loot and CCP was not amused by this tactic and stopped the free giveaways.

1 Like

Well I think its just awful that Paulie Shore would do that.

1 Like

The lore is that the Jove are dead/gone forever.

And that reminds me there hasn’t been any Chronicles since a couple years ago.

4 Likes

There actually have been some Chronicles I think. CCP Delegate Zero wrote and posted a pretty mighty one maybe 8(?) or so months ago. Hard to find though. :pensive:

Still, CCP-- all I wanted was a Donut Holder. If you were too busy during Youil, how about in the spring during Páskar Rabbit time?

3 Likes